Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 04-24-2007, 03:08 PM   #1
bigdaddybluesman
Local High School Star

bigdaddybluesman has an OK reputation so far
Default Telfair cut

I know he's had some issues but who hasn't.

I would not mind seeing him as Marbury's backup.

I know he would do anything to be a Knick.

Sign him to a one year deal.

Get rid of Francis and use Nate for a trade of some kind.

Just an idea.

I think being around Marbury would be good for this kid. I think they're cousins.
bigdaddybluesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 05:02 PM   #2
TheOakman
I hit open layups

TheOakman has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Telfair cut

BigDaddy, this is coming out from left field. I definitely do not want Telfair on this team. Plus I am not sure whether the big riff between Telfair and Starbury still exists, but I don't think either wants any part of the other.
TheOakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 06:06 PM   #3
bigdaddybluesman
Local High School Star

bigdaddybluesman has an OK reputation so far

I didn't know they weren't on good terms.

Cancel that whole idea.

I guess I'm a little desperate for ideas to help this team and I have such little trust in Isiah.
bigdaddybluesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 08:25 PM   #4
KINGofTHEcourt
Banned

KINGofTHEcourt has an OK reputation so far

There's a reason he was cut for the second worst team in the NBA. Telfair is crap, and even though he and Marbury are cousins, they don't like each other. It started when Telfair said he'd be better than Marbury, Marbury didn't like that.
KINGofTHEcourt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 10:07 PM   #5
shafir
I>You. Get over it.

shafir is a pretty well-respected postershafir is a pretty well-respected postershafir is a pretty well-respected poster

It started from when Marbury first got into the NBA, and didn't help out Telfair's family in any means other then money. After that, Telfair started acting like a big shot, and claimed he would be better then Marbury. I think the rift has died down a bit, but who knows?
shafir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 10:58 PM   #6
knicks15
Local High School Star

knicks15 has decent reputation

i heard about the rift, and part of that was also cuz telfair was the more beloved player when he was at lincoln, but i think they get along now and i remember after the fabolous incident, marbury said somethin about being concerned about his cousin.
knicks15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 11:27 PM   #7
Don Che
I hit open 5-footers

Don Che has an OK reputation so far

Marbury went to court for telfair with the incident. So who knows, they are still family
Don Che is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 03:00 AM   #8
Amigo
Knicks Fan 4 Life

Amigo has an OK reputation so far

Telfair is overrated.

Telfair a Knick? Um, NO. I'd rather keep Crawford.
Amigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 04:32 AM   #9
Da KO King
NBA sixth man of the year

Da KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputation

The Knicks have no room for Telfair and no reason to sign him. With that said, I like Telfair and hope the Knicks sign him.

Telfair has NBA talent. The problem is the coaching staffs he's played for are not good in terms of developement.

Yeah, all of Boston's young guys put up better numbers this season opposed to last. When I watched them play though they all seemed the same except they got more minutes and more opportunities.

Yeah, Portland staff teaches defense well. What about the other side of the court though?!?

My hope for Telfair is that he gets picked up by the Knicks in the next few weeks. Gets to work with the Knicks staff during the Summer League, training camp, and early part of the regular season. Come late January or February trade him to a team that needs a PG like the Atlanta Hawks.

That way he got a chance to at least work on his game with a staff that has shown signs of quality player developement. Plus he gets on a team where he's automatically put into the top 7 of their rotation and there is no quick hook to yank him in favor of others.

Last edited by Da KO King : 04-25-2007 at 04:34 AM.
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 07:53 AM   #10
TheOakman
I hit open layups

TheOakman has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da KO King
Telfair has NBA talent. The problem is the coaching staffs he's played for are not good in terms of developement.

Yeah, all of Boston's young guys put up better numbers this season opposed to last. When I watched them play though they all seemed the same except they got more minutes and more opportunities.

Yeah, Portland staff teaches defense well. What about the other side of the court though?!?

Telfair has no role here and the last thing you want on this team is a problem, which Telfair seems to be.

Plus from all your posts you make it sound as if the Knicks are the only team that develops talent. The Celtics can't, the Bulls can't, the Trailblazers can't. I think thats a little over the top. Sometimes its the players, not the coaches or management
TheOakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 01:51 PM   #11
Don Che
I hit open 5-footers

Don Che has an OK reputation so far

If Zeke can make Telfair a winner it would be great. The kid is quick and a great passer. The kid is similar to Marbury but 10 years younger. Not gonna lie hes a head case but he can still grow the kid is one year older then me.

We release Francis
Trade
Jamal
Frye
Nate

FOR

AK47, JO.

We get rid of 3 guards and keep Marbury and Collins.
Draft a 2.
Sign Telfair for nothing and worse comes to worse he stays on the bench.
If he works out he can be a back up pg to Collins.
Don Che is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 03:17 PM   #12
ALBballer
Religion? LOL? WTF?

ALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOakman
Telfair has no role here and the last thing you want on this team is a problem, which Telfair seems to be.

Plus from all your posts you make it sound as if the Knicks are the only team that develops talent. The Celtics can't, the Bulls can't, the Trailblazers can't. I think thats a little over the top. Sometimes its the players, not the coaches or management

, I was going to say the same thing.
ALBballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 03:57 PM   #13
jt24
I brick open layups

jt24 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddybluesman
I know he's had some issues but who hasn't.

I would not mind seeing him as Marbury's backup.

I know he would do anything to be a Knick.

Sign him to a one year deal.

Get rid of Francis and use Nate for a trade of some kind.

Just an idea.

I think being around Marbury would be good for this kid. I think they're cousins.

It would be one thing if the kid was good you could put up with the baggage but this kid isnt even good, he was so redicilously overhyped. In 3 years in the league hes been awful, and marbury wouldnt be good for him because those 2 cant stand each other its been well chronicled that those 2 dont get along at all.
jt24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 04:17 PM   #14
Da KO King
NBA sixth man of the year

Da KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputation

Quote:
You totally ignore me saying that he has no role or spot on the the team and the fact I said trade him to a team like Atlanta which needs a PG and will not have a quick hook when he makes a mistake.

Quote:
Knicks aren't the only team that can do it. They are just better than smore than a few others.

While players are also at fault for their stalled careers it does not change the fact that those three staffs suck at developing players.
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 04:50 PM   #15
brooklynchild155
High School Varsity 6th Man

brooklynchild155 has an OK reputation so far

i cant see telfair in a knick jersey, but im not giving up on telfair. this guy to me has alot of ability.
brooklynchild155 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: