Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 04-24-2007, 03:38 PM   #1
LakerFan1086
Serious playground baller

LakerFan1086 has not been impressing people
Default Telfair done with the Celts

Celtics severing ties with Telfair after one season
ESPN,com news services

Less than a week after Sebastian Telfair was arrested on a gun possession charge, the Boston Celtics are severing ties with the guard after one season.

Sebastian Telfair
Point Guard
Boston Celtics

2007 SEASON STATISTICS
GM PPG RPG APG FG% FT%
78 6.1 1.4 2.8 .371 .818

"I wanted to let you know that we have removed Sebastian's nameplate from his locker in Waltham. The facts and circumstances of his case have not been determined but he does not have a Celtics locker and we do not anticipate that he will," Celtics managing partner Wyc Grousbeck wrote in an e-mail to the Boston Globe on Tuesday.

Telfair was arrested on a gun possession charge after the car in which he was driving was stopped for going 77 mph in Yonkers, N.Y., early Friday.

Telfair, a 21-year-old Brooklyn native, was charged with second-degree possession of a handgun and driving with a suspended license following the 3:53 a.m. stop on the Yonkers highway, Westchester County police said.

According to Westchester police, Telfair was driving his 2006 Range Rover on northbound Bronx River Parkway when it was clocked speeding in a 45-mph zone.

A passenger, Al Eden Fuentes of Queens, was in the car with Telfair when it was stopped on the parkway, about five miles north of Manhattan. Telfair produced a Florida driver's license that had been suspended.

After stopping the Range Rover, the officer found a loaded .45-caliber handgun sticking out from under the front passenger seat, according to the Westchester County spokesman.

Telfair and Fuentes, 28, said they knew nothing about the gun, Westchester County police spokesman Kieran O'Leary said. Police were still investigating whether the gun was registered.

Police charged Telfair with a misdemeanor count of second-degree aggravated unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle and issued summonses charging him with speeding and driving without a license, both violations.

Telfair pleaded not guilty Friday at Yonkers City Court to the charges and bail was set at $7,500. He and Fuentes were due back in court May 17.

O'Leary said Telfair was polite and cooperative.

"Our officers said he behaved like a gentlemen," O'Leary said.

Telfair's cousin, New York Knicks point guard Stephon Marbury, showed up to support him hours before he was arraigned, the Daily News reported on its Web site.

"The players on the Celtics have been explicitly warned, this year, to obey the team and league gun prohibition as well as state laws. We take this very seriously and will act accordingly once the facts have been determined," Grousbeck said Friday night.

Telfair's brief NBA career has been marred by controversy, starting with his 2005 fine by the Portland Trail Blazers after a loaded gun was found on the team's private jet at Boston's Logan Airport.

The handgun was found in a pillowcase belonging to Telfair as the team plane was being prepared for a flight from Boston to Toronto. Telfair explained to local authorities that the gun belonged to his girlfriend and that he had inadvertently grabbed the wrong bag when leaving for the team's road trip.

In October 2006, Telfair reported a $50,000 chain was snatched off his neck at a Manhattan night club. He was unable to identify the men who stole the chain.

The 6-foot Telfair, a former New York schoolboy hoops legend, averaged 6.1 points and 2.8 assists a game this season for the Celtics.

I would love for seabass to come to L.A. for cheap. Any takers?
LakerFan1086 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 03:55 PM   #2
hwliuLAP
Local High School Star

hwliuLAP is a pretty well-respected posterhwliuLAP is a pretty well-respected posterhwliuLAP is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Telfair done with the Celts

I wouldn't
I don't see that big of a different between him and Smush

I think he is the type of player that would do well in a run and gun system
not the Lakers triangle
hwliuLAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 03:56 PM   #3
CristianoVirtuos
Banned

CristianoVirtuos has an OK reputation so far

Hell no. Rather give Smush a $20 mill a year contract.
CristianoVirtuos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 04:28 PM   #4
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I agree.. no way... sadly, the kid is a cancer to himself... Lakers don't need that.

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 05:04 PM   #5
LakerFan1086
Serious playground baller

LakerFan1086 has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by hwliuLAP
I wouldn't
I don't see that big of a different between him and Smush

I think he is the type of player that would do well in a run and gun system
not the Lakers triangle

You really would rather have smush? .. I mean Telfair is still young came staright out of high school and under Phil, has a chance to develop into a nice point guard.
LakerFan1086 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 05:09 PM   #6
netdoc
High School Varsity 6th Man

netdoc has an OK reputation so far

L.A. already has a young PG that they are developing into the PG of the future. His name is Jordan Farmar and I think he didn't fare so badly against Nash in game 1. Their problem is inconsistencies in the front court and someone to back up Farmar with the same intensity.

START RONNY DAMMIT!!!! At least he plays with passion.
netdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 05:27 PM   #7
hotsizzle
Superstar

hotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation here

No thanks. I absolutely hate Telfair. we dont need another NY playground baller.
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 05:32 PM   #8
hwliuLAP
Local High School Star

hwliuLAP is a pretty well-respected posterhwliuLAP is a pretty well-respected posterhwliuLAP is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakerFan1086
You really would rather have smush? .. I mean Telfair is still young came staright out of high school and under Phil, has a chance to develop into a nice point guard.

no I don't rather have Smush
I don't want any of those player on my team
hwliuLAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 05:32 PM   #9
Phanatik
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Phanatik has an OK reputation so far

Not another NY PG that can't play D or shoot. I would for sure pass on him.
Phanatik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 05:45 PM   #10
bleedinpurpleTwo
Another Laker Dynasty?

bleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

If he comes cheaply I would take him...let him compete for the backup PG role. Would still have to bring in a real PG.
bleedinpurpleTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 06:04 PM   #11
schyza
High School Starter

schyza has decent reputationschyza has decent reputation

The sad part is as much $hit as we talk about Smush (and yes I know stats arenít everything) if you do a player comparison Smush has the better stats in everything but FT shooting so I guess I would rather keep Smush.
schyza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 06:22 PM   #12
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Smush>>>>>>Telfair.

We don't need immature kids that carry guns with them and get themselves into all sorts of Sh!t that SoCalMike doesn't like.

SoCalMike the pimp even thinks that's wrong!!
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 06:24 PM   #13
Cool
NBA rookie of the year

Cool is considered somewhat coolCool is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
Smush>>>>>>Telfair.

We don't need immature kids that carry guns with them and get themselves into all sorts of Sh!t that SoCalMike doesn't like.

SoCalMike the pimp even thinks that's wrong!!

No IMO Telfair is better then Smush, but Telfair off court antics are horrible and I would not want him no matter how good he is.
Cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 06:27 PM   #14
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool
No IMO Telfair is better then Smush, but Telfair off court antics are horrible and I would not want him no matter how good he is.

Telfair's averages are horrible for someone like him who was supposed to be a big impact player. Another starbury.

He can't do anything right.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 06:37 PM   #15
Cool
NBA rookie of the year

Cool is considered somewhat coolCool is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
Telfair's averages are horrible for someone like him who was supposed to be a big impact player. Another starbury.

He can't do anything right.

But I think he is still better then Smush, but thats just my opnion. IMO stats arent everything and you cant tell how a player plays or works without seeing several of his games in person or on TV.
Cool is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: