Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 04-24-2007, 04:57 PM   #1
Top_Of_Tha_World
High School Varsity 12th Man

Top_Of_Tha_World has an OK reputation so far
Default Psp Vs Nintendo Ds

Im looking to buy one of these handhelds, but I want to everything about them first.

1. Which console has better games?
2. What are the features/special add--ons?
3. Which one is better all around?

Thanks for your advice.

Last edited by Top_Of_Tha_World : 04-24-2007 at 07:04 PM.
Top_Of_Tha_World is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 05:35 PM   #2
B-Low
The Love B-Low

B-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Psp Vs Nintendo Ds

I have a PSP, i bought my gf a DS Lite. But i work at Toys R Us so im around both of them a lot. To answer your Q's tho:

1. Which console has better games? DS Lite
2. What are the features/special ******? PSP (MP3, MP4, Movies, Pictures)
3. Which one is better all around? Honestly i like PSP better. You'll get more use/variety out of PSP, but if you're going mainly for games get DS Lite.
B-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 05:43 PM   #3
aahhsin
Banned

aahhsin has an OK reputation so far

i never understand why people like to compare consoles.

before you compare a console don't you think its wise to compare what games you like more?
aahhsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 06:36 PM   #4
-primetime-

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Low
I have a PSP, i bought my gf a DS Lite. But i work at Toys R Us so im around both of them a lot. To answer your Q's tho:

1. Which console has better games? DS Lite
2. What are the features/special ******? PSP (MP3, MP4, Movies, Pictures)
3. Which one is better all around? Honestly i like PSP better. You'll get more use/variety out of PSP, but if you're going mainly for games get DS Lite.

I disagree....PSP has better games i think

if you like Mario stuff then go with the DS

if you like Grand Theft Auto then go with the PSP
Old 04-24-2007, 07:01 PM   #5
Top_Of_Tha_World

But most of the games for psp seem like knock off ps2 games. For example nba live doesnt even have a dynasty mode.

Also I heard that you can get 6gbs of memory for psp and dl games onto your psp for free. Is this true, if so what do you need?

Last edited by Top_Of_Tha_World : 04-24-2007 at 07:03 PM.
Old 04-24-2007, 07:01 PM   #6
rezznor
Nosetradamus

rezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I have a psp, 2 DS, a 360, wii, and ps3

i play the 360 the most, wii with my gf or for party games with friends, ps3...umm...its nice and shiny .

as for handhelds, psp and ds i use about the same, but the psp also plays movies for me when i travel.

1. Which console has better games? ds has more games, they both have good games tho, psp is starting to get better developer suppport
2. What are the features/special ******? ds..dual screen, wifi, u can play with your friends linked up. psp wifi, more power, movies, music, websurfing
3. Which one is better all around? psp is more powerful, has more functions, games are pretty good, and u can hack it to play downloaded games (i dont), ds is simple, easy to just pick up and play, has more games (doesnt mean its better)
rezznor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 07:53 PM   #7
jjswifty

jjswifty has an incredible reputation herejjswifty has an incredible reputation herejjswifty has an incredible reputation herejjswifty has an incredible reputation herejjswifty has an incredible reputation herejjswifty has an incredible reputation herejjswifty has an incredible reputation here

Ds can play movies, music too. :)
jjswifty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 07:56 PM   #8
Top_Of_Tha_World

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjswifty

HOW???
Old 04-24-2007, 11:37 PM   #9
jjswifty

jjswifty has an incredible reputation herejjswifty has an incredible reputation herejjswifty has an incredible reputation herejjswifty has an incredible reputation herejjswifty has an incredible reputation herejjswifty has an incredible reputation herejjswifty has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top_Of_Tha_World
HOW???

supercard, superkey, and a microsd card is all you need.
Old 04-25-2007, 12:17 AM   #10
GoRapz
Fire Dwane Casey

GoRapz has decent reputation

PSP. It's a pocket sized Playstation.
GoRapz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 12:26 AM   #11
ronron15
High School Starter

ronron15 is considered somewhat coolronron15 is considered somewhat cool

1.psp
2.psp
3.psp

psp>ds like Kobe>Lebron haha
ronron15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 01:06 AM   #12
rezznor
Nosetradamus

rezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjswifty
the screen isnt as large or as nice as the psp
rezznor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 01:25 AM   #13
El Kabong
Where Eagles Dare

El Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I have both a PSP and a DS. I use the PSP more then the DS. Most DS games just don't interest me. Plus the fact that the PSP has all the extra features on it too. It's handy for when I travel, I can use the wireless internet while i'm waiting around at the airport, or watch a movie, or listen to music.

Plus some of the games are better too. You'll get better sports and racing car games on the PSP then on the DS. I wish they'd release some more RPG's on it though, although I heard they plan on remaking Final Fantasy's 1 and 2 for the PSP.
El Kabong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 01:33 AM   #14
jjswifty

yea, if I had to pick one...id pick a psp.

I have a question, Is there talk or something about a new handheld anytime soon?
Old 04-25-2007, 02:35 AM   #15
warriors23
Banned

warriors23 has an OK reputation so far

no
warriors23 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: