Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 04-24-2007, 10:37 PM   #16
gts
Sons of Antartica

Default Re: What is the craziest/funniest thing you have done for the love of your team?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalMike
Can she teach/convince my wife to cook? Or, at least show my wife Cool's menu of foods to order from! HAHA

yeah she can teach to cook and order from take out she is pretty adept at both...lol

actually my wife is kind of the last of a line of ladies called "bone setters daughters" i forget the chinese translation but her father is/was a "traditional" doctor or "bone setter" and she used to travel with him...he uses no office and he goes from town to town to keep his appointments. food is very much a cure in traditional chimese medicine and my wife would cook for him and her fathers patients, using what food wa available locally... many poor people in asia have ailments that are based in bad nutrition and preparing them meals and making sure they have enough food to eat until they are well is as much a part in the cure as the actual herbs and or medicines he would prescibe...
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 11:17 PM   #17
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Default Re: What is the craziest/funniest thing you have done for the love of your team?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gts
yeah she can teach to cook and order from take out she is pretty adept at both...lol

actually my wife is kind of the last of a line of ladies called "bone setters daughters" i forget the chinese translation but her father is/was a "traditional" doctor or "bone setter" and she used to travel with him...he uses no office and he goes from town to town to keep his appointments. food is very much a cure in traditional chimese medicine and my wife would cook for him and her fathers patients, using what food wa available locally... many poor people in asia have ailments that are based in bad nutrition and preparing them meals and making sure they have enough food to eat until they are well is as much a part in the cure as the actual herbs and or medicines he would prescibe...

Very interesting gts... are you caucasian, if I may ask? Thats a cool cultural background, thats for sure!

So if someone is ill in your family, does she try to help with traditional methods?

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 11:24 PM   #18
bleedinpurple
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by gts

interesting stuff !
bleedinpurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 11:31 PM   #19
gts
Sons of Antartica

Quote:
Very interesting gts... are you caucasian, if I may ask? Thats a cool cultural background, thats for sure!

So if someone is ill in your family, does she try to help with traditional methods?

yes i am white and yes she has tried to give me some foul smelling horid concoction that i choked down and much to my surprise i did feel better... all being said the stuff was so horid i'd rather be sick an extra day than go through that...lol

although she does buy a mean cough syrup from the herb shop in chinatown that goes well with vanilla ice cream
Old 04-24-2007, 11:35 PM   #20
gts
Sons of Antartica

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedinpurple
interesting stuff !
thank you, yeah it is and it's great to travel with her because she can show me things that i would never see or understand if left on my own, i had been there 3 times for work before i met her and after meeting her i experienced a whole other world that lies beneath the one in the tudors guide...
Old 04-24-2007, 11:36 PM   #21
SoCalMike

Quote:
Originally Posted by gts
yes i am white and yes she has tried to give me some foul smelling horid concoction that i choked down and much to my surprise i did feel better... all being said the stuff was so horid i'd rather be sick an extra day than go through that...lol

although she does buy a mean cough syrup from the herb shop in chinatown that goes well with vanilla ice cream

Cracks me up!!! Xie Xie for sharing a bit about gts!!!

Old 04-24-2007, 11:44 PM   #22
gts
Sons of Antartica

Quote:

Cracks me up!!! Xie Xie for sharing a bit about gts!!!

mei wen ti (no problem)
Old 04-24-2007, 11:46 PM   #23
SoCalMike

Quote:
Originally Posted by gts
mei wen ti (no problem)

The Pimp can bust out with a little chinese!

Old 04-24-2007, 11:55 PM   #24
bleedinpurple
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by gts
i experienced a whole other world that lies beneath the one in the tudors guide...

you mean those seedy underbelly worlds? jk
Old 04-25-2007, 12:08 AM   #25
gts
Sons of Antartica

Quote:
you mean those seedy underbelly worlds? jk
haha no the real places that tourists can't find on their own like where to get the best steam cakes.... the seedy underbelly types find you if your a western male traveling alone..."pretty girl mister" is a common phrase you hear walking the streets of kuala lumpur
Old 04-25-2007, 12:23 AM   #26
bleedinpurple
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by gts
haha no the real places that tourists can't find on their own like where to get the best steam cakes.... the seedy underbelly types find you if your a western male traveling alone..."pretty girl mister" is a common phrase you hear walking the streets of kuala lumpur

it worked for me in Bangkok!
Old 04-25-2007, 12:41 AM   #27
gts
Sons of Antartica

Quote:
it worked for me in Bangkok!
haha
Old 04-25-2007, 05:00 AM   #28
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

I snuck into USD's practice facility to watch the lakers practice under rudy T in training camp.

Too bad i got kicked out
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: