Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned

Default Why do psychedelics exist in nature?

This has really been weighing on my brain lately.

Everything is clearly on this earth for a reason. Water for a million things, trees for wood (plus a lot more), and every plant serves some kind of purpose. Even poisonous plants serve their own unique purposes and are needed. Herbs are successful as medicines. Fruit gives us vitamins and fruits are basically nature's form of dessert. Everything just works. Oranges taste good so humans will get vitamin C, you get the point.

But why the **** are psychedelics on this planet?

I can't remember exactly where I read or heard it, but apparently Psilocybin Mushrooms are extremely unique when compared to everything else in nature. While molecules in plants are present all throughout nature, Psilocybin Mushrooms are like an alien plant at the molecular level. One guy had a theory that shrooms came to Earth from an asteroid that crashed into the earth from who knows where.

While shrooms have been proven to help with depression, anxiety, and PTSD, I don't think this is why they are on this planet. There are herbs that treat these conditions. If you have taken shrooms, I think you can relate when I say that there is no ****ing way in hell that the fact that something that grows in nature can react with the human brain like THAT is a coincidence. There's just no ****ing way. Shrooms aren't your brain just getting ****ed up on chemicals like PCP or something. Shrooms are different, and everyone that has taken them would surely know what I mean by this. (I know that explanation sucked but it's really hard to explain)

Pretty much everyone that does natural psychedelics says they had a strong spiritual experience. When I did shrooms, I had by far the most religious/spiritual moments of my entire life. I went from being a "Christian" that just tried to convince myself that God was real to being absolutely positive beyond any doubt that God exists.

This is just a theory. I don't know shit and probably never will, but are shrooms put on earth because of religion? Are psychedelic drugs proof that God exists? What do you think?

AGAIN, this is a THEORY and there are probably thousands of theories that could be made about this topic. Calling me a crazy lunatic won't change the fact that basically any theory on this topic could be interpreted as crazy.

Default Re: Why do psychedelics exist in nature?

How much does shrooms cost? Weed-like prices?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Draz
    How much does shrooms cost? Weed-like prices?
    You can't really compare

Weed is something you can do 24/7 if you want. Shrooms are a once in a while kind of thing. Once you finish a crazy trip you are so mind****ed and exhausted that you don't feel like doing it again soon, even if it was the most amazing experience of your life. Like once you finished a shroom trip it's time to go back into the real world/reality and make of what you learned from your trip experience (and trust me, you learn a LOT from a shrooms trip). Also, psychedelics build tolerance like crazy. If you do shrooms once you need to wait 2 weeks for your tolerance to go back to normal.

With that being said, a good shroom trip (3.5 g) will cost you about 25-50 bucks usually

rank sentamentalist

things don't exist in nature for the pleasure of humans. that is a byproduct. perhaps things keep existing since they are pleasurable to humans, or perhaps they stop existing when they are not pleasurable for humans. but that is different.

disregarding all the above, i contend that psychedelics are pleasurable for humans.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by RidonKs
    things don't exist in nature for the pleasure of humans. that is a byproduct. perhaps things keep existing since they are pleasurable to humans, or perhaps they stop existing when they are not pleasurable for humans. but that is different.

disregarding all the above, i contend that psychedelics are pleasurable for humans.
    I'm absolutely not saying that things exist for the pleasure of humans. I'm saying that everything serves some kind of purpose, whether that is for humanity or the ecosystem.

The fact that shrooms are like an alien comound at the molecular level, which is not normal for anything found in nature, makes me so intrigued about this. There is no way its a coincidence that the fungus that is alien reacts with the brain like THAT.

Next level retardation.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by fiddy
    Next level retardation.
    Please explain why psilocybin is basically an alien compound at the molecular level

Also explain why the thing that is alien has such unbelievable and spiritual effects when an organism eats it. Is it just a coincidence?

Quote Originally Posted by The Valley
    Is it just a coincidence?
    No it is not alien and the thing you are praising is called toxicity.

Banned

No it is not alien and the thing you are praising is called toxicity.
    I never said it was or was not alien but it is without any doubt alien-like.

"Psilocybin is the phosphoric acid ester of psilocin and is the only known indole derivative occurring in nature that contains this novel phosphoric acid radical."
    http://www.stainblue.com/ah.html

I never said it was or was not alien but it is without any doubt alien-like.

"Psilocybin is the phosphoric acid ester of psilocin and is the only known indole derivative occurring in nature that contains this novel phosphoric acid radical."
    http://www.stainblue.com/ah.html
    alien-like? how so? There is a ridiculous amount of natural occurring unique substances.

Banned

alien-like? how so? There is a ridiculous amount of natural occurring unique substances.
    Good question. Ill read more about Terrence McKenna words on this topic. He is the one that mentioned this in a lecture. The man was a genius.

The same reason why some plants nourish humans and some plants kill humans. They're all bound to have some kind of effect. Of the millions of plants, it's inevitable that some of them will have chemical reactions that give humans different feelings, whether it's something as simple as increasing or decreasing blood flow to the brain.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by NumberSix
    The same reason why some plants nourish humans and some plants kill humans. They're all bound to have some kind of effect. Of the millions of plants, it's inevitable that some of them will have chemical reactions that give humans different feelings, whether it's something as simple as increasing or decreasing blood flow to the brain.
    Don't you find it interesting that every single psychedelic found in nature (Shrooms, Ibogain, Mescaline, DMT, Salvia, LSA) causes extreme spiritual effects?

When it comes to psychedelics, I think there is a lot to look into. We need research. It's a shame that our disgusting drug laws prohibit this.

dude, its not the plants that are phychedelic, its the human mind which is susceptible to psychedelic ability.

Don't you find it interesting that every single psychedelic found in nature (Shrooms, Ibogain, Mescaline, DMT, Salvia, LSA) causes extreme spiritual effects?

When it comes to psychedelics, I think there is a lot to look into. We need research. It's a shame that our disgusting drug laws prohibit this.
    Prohibit this? as far as i know research is not prohibited on scheduled substances.