Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 10-27-2015, 11:23 AM   #31
hateraid
Is it in you?

Default Re: A discussion is going on right now in the NBA forum saying Michael Jordan...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanners
MJ could have been an absolute beast as an NFL WR.

Jordan would have been huge by football measurements. Compared to other giants like megatron at 6'5" and Julio at 6'4", the 6'6" Jordan would have been an absolute monster. He was also an amazing athlete with great speed, stamina, and strength.... considering his ability to leap in the air combined with having some of the largest and softest hands ever created, he was pretty much designed to be a NFL WR.

If he had dedicated himself to football, the sky would be the limit.

There were WR's with those type of physical traits so I don't buy that this is a shoe in. There have also been faster, stronger players in the NBA with big hands and great work ethics.
There are also the intangibles like ability to take contact, running routes, blocking....
This is giving him too much credit. Jordan is not even the best NBA player who could play football, let alone dominate the NFL
hateraid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 01:24 PM   #32
oarabbus
3-time NBA All-Star

Default Re: A discussion is going on right now in the NBA forum saying Michael Jordan...

Quote:
MJ could have been an absolute beast as an NFL WR.

Jordan would have been huge by football measurements. Compared to other giants like megatron at 6'5" and Julio at 6'4", the 6'6" Jordan would have been an absolute monster. He was also an amazing athlete with great speed, stamina, and strength.... considering his ability to leap in the air combined with having some of the largest and softest hands ever created, he was pretty much designed to be a NFL WR.

If he had dedicated himself to football, the sky would be the limit.

Come on dude. Jerry Rice was tiny compared to Jordan, 6'1" 200.

You're really gonna stand there and say that Jordan could have been better than Rice? What a joke.
oarabbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 01:28 PM   #33
Nanners
hugh mungus what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by oarabbus
Come on dude. Jerry Rice was tiny compared to Jordan, 6'1" 200.

You're really gonna stand there and say that Jordan could have been better than Rice? What a joke.

did i say jordan would be better than rice? im pretty sure i didnt say that

maybe jordan would have been a terrible football player... i dont know, im not miss fucking cleo.

im just saying with jordans physical tools the sky would have been the limit for him.
Nanners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 04:29 PM   #34
hateraid
Is it in you?

Quote:
did i say jordan would be better than rice? im pretty sure i didnt say that

maybe jordan would have been a terrible football player... i dont know, im not miss fucking cleo.

im just saying with jordans physical tools the sky would have been the limit for him.
Do you realize there are freak athletes in the NFL right now with great work ethics that suck as recievers?
On the same premise I guess Julius Erving, Larry Nance, Shawn Kemp....All could have been all pro wide receivers. Because skies the limits.
On another note the fastest man in the world tried to run NFL routes and failed miserably. Usain falking Bolt couldn't run a simple route and catch the ball.
So to sum it up by saying skies the limit, his chances of failure are much greater than success.

Last edited by hateraid : 10-27-2015 at 04:32 PM.
Old 10-27-2015, 04:46 PM   #35
Nanners
hugh mungus what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hateraid
So to sum it up by saying skies the limit, his chances of failure are much greater than success.

yeah, and thats true for every single athlete ever. why bother making this thread when you can boil every discussion on athletic potential down to this one sentence
Nanners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 06:31 PM   #36
hateraid
Is it in you?

Quote:
yeah, and thats true for every single athlete ever. why bother making this thread when you can boil every discussion on athletic potential down to this one sentence

You're the one that made the comment
The thread was dispelling the myth that MJ would be an elite WR. So in essence your comment about skies the limit doesn't really contribute to the thread if it pertains to any athlete.
By saying Jordan is a great athlete, with strong work ethics , and good hands can apply to hundreds of athlete so doesn't make a strong case for MJ.

Last edited by hateraid : 10-27-2015 at 08:51 PM.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: