Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Atlanta Hawks Forum

Atlanta Hawks Forum Atlanta Hawks message board - atlanta hawks fan forum

Old 07-03-2006, 02:53 PM   #1
Tips4
High School Varsity 6th Man

Tips4 has an OK reputation so far
Default Deal: Speedy Claxton to the Hawks

Quote:
"(Bobby) Jackson is expected to fill the role that Speedy Claxton had this past season -- coming off the bench but playing substantial minutes alongside starting point guard Chris Paul, who was chosen Rookie of the Year." New Orleans Times Picayune

"By locking up Jackson, it appears the Hornets are no longer interested in pursuing Claxton in free agency. "I'm assuming that's the case," Miller said. "I don't know how they would be able to contemplate signing him back." New Orleans Times Picayune

"(Speedy) Claxton, who made $3.6 million last season and was a member of San Antonio's 2003 championship team, reportedly seeks a four- to six-year deal worth $4 million to $6 million per year." Sacramento Bee

Soo where is he going ? He is a starting lineup but he is alright with coming off the bench. Raptors and Hawks are the 2 teams i can see going after him. i am sure there's more but where is this guy going ?
Tips4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 02:55 PM   #2
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Why couldnt this have been asked in a topic that mentions his whereabouts?

GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 02:56 PM   #3
Tips4
High School Varsity 6th Man

Tips4 has an OK reputation so far

Ohh this thread has already being made. My bad just ignore this and let it slide.
Tips4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 02:57 PM   #4
Fenris-77
I airball my layups

Fenris-77 has an OK reputation so far

Well, 4-6mil likely fits what the raps want to spend, but with Ford on the roster they'd want Claxton to play minutes at SG as well as PG and iIm not so sure that Claxton is the guy the raps want at 2.

Atlanta seems more likely because they desperately need a PG and will also be willing to put up the contract claxton's looking for.
Fenris-77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 03:01 PM   #5
fatboy11
NBA sixth man of the year

fatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected poster

I wouldn't mind him on the Rockets but we don't have the funds. I mean, we could give him the full MLE, but we would be screwing ourselves elsewhere.
fatboy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 03:01 PM   #6
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I'd like to see the Cavs make a move on Claxton. Our PG situation is one of the worst in the league. If he wants to start on an up-and-coming team that will be competing for championships down the road, he should consider the Cavs.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 03:11 PM   #7
boshraptor4life
Good High School Starter

boshraptor4life has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
I'd like to see the Cavs make a move on Claxton. Our PG situation is one of the worst in the league. If he wants to start on an up-and-coming team that will be competing for championships down the road, he should consider the Cavs.

And his numbers would look sweet, setting up all those shooters and feeding LeBron the ball, he'd get a lot of interest afterwards. Good fit.
boshraptor4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 03:22 PM   #8
Fenris-77
I airball my layups

Fenris-77 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
And his numbers would look sweet, setting up all those shooters and feeding LeBron the ball, he'd get a lot of interest afterwards. Good fit.

I shudder to think of Lebron playing next to a good PG. They'll end up with with 15 assists between them fer chrissake. S yeah, he's likely the cavs best option at PG given the weak FA market. Besides, why wouldn't Speedy want to play with Lebron? Why wouldn't anybody want to play with Lebron?
Fenris-77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 03:26 PM   #9
BradMiller52
Kings fan

BradMiller52 has an OK reputation so far

Hopefully he comes to the kings. We need a back up PG badly and we might lose Wells at SG so he could play some minutes there too.
BradMiller52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 03:45 PM   #10
B12 Tha Legend
Can barely lace up my sneakers

B12 Tha Legend has an OK reputation so far

he would be a great fit with either the Cavs or Hawks.
B12 Tha Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 04:43 PM   #11
dak121
College superstar

dak121 is considered somewhat cooldak121 is considered somewhat cool
Default Speedy Claxton to the Hawks

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2508532

THE HAWKS HAVE A POINT GUARD!
dak121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 04:43 PM   #12
BFRESH44
College star

BFRESH44 has an OK reputation so far
Default Speedy Clax to the Hawks

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2508532

Quote:
The Atlanta Hawks, roundly criticized for bypassing Chris Paul in the 2005 NBA draft, filled their void at point guard Monday by reaching a verbal agreement with Paul's backcourt mate: Speedy Claxton.

Speedy Claxton
Point Guard
NO/Oklahoma City Hornets

2006 SEASON STATISTICS
GM PPG RPG APG FG% FT%
71 12.3 2.7 4.8 .413 .769

Claxton's agent, Bill Duffy, told ESPN.com that Claxton has verbally agreed to sign with the Hawks on July 12, the first day free agent signings and trades can be made official.

It is believed that Claxton will receive a four-year deal worth $25 million.

The Hawks targeted Claxton after a two-year, $13 million bid to wrest Sam Cassell away from the Los Angeles Clippers fell short. Cassell opted late Saturday to stay in L.A. when the Clippers matched Atlanta's offer.

Claxton, who logged key playoff minutes at the point for San Antonio's 2003 championship team, emerged as a top Sixth Man Award candidate with the Hornets last season as Paul's backup. Hornets coach Byron Scott frequently played Claxton and the eventual Rookie of the Year together in a small, but quick backcourt tandem.

Claxton is expected to be the unquestioned starter in Atlanta, enabling Joe Johnson -- the Hawks' marquee free agent acquisition last summer -- to play at his natural shooting guard position.
BFRESH44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 04:44 PM   #13
theinfamousmobb
Local High School Star

theinfamousmobb has an OK reputation so far

Meh, no one cares about the Hawks
theinfamousmobb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 04:44 PM   #14
BFRESH44
College star

BFRESH44 has an OK reputation so far

Ha, we posed it the same time...
BFRESH44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 04:44 PM   #15
Heretik32
Myrrh

Heretik32 is considered somewhat coolHeretik32 is considered somewhat coolHeretik32 is considered somewhat cool

Very good fit.
Heretik32 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: