Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > WNBA Forum

WNBA Forum WNBA Forum, Women's Basketball Forum - WNBA message board

Old 10-06-2008, 11:20 PM   #1
Sonic R
Be Attitude For Gains

Sonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputation
Default WNBA talent level then vs. now

Is the talent in the WNBA better now that it was 10 years ago during the infancy of the league?
Sonic R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 04:58 AM   #2
kap
Great young streetballer

kap has decent reputation
Default Re: WNBA talent level then vs. now

wnba has been around for 10 years?
kap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 11:40 AM   #3
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by kap
wnba has been around for 10 years?
Well, actually 11 and it was better way back when.

Cooper
Swoops
Thompson
Leslie
Parrot (RIP)
Arcain
Weatherspoon
Hammond
and some other chicks who's names I can't remember.
L.Kizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 09:30 AM   #4
JellyBean
College superstar

JellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation here

I think that the talent level is about even.
JellyBean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 09:32 AM   #5
JellyBean
College superstar

JellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
Well, actually 11 and it was better way back when.

Cooper
Swoops
Thompson
Leslie
Parrot (RIP)
Arcain
Weatherspoon
Hammond
and some other chicks who's names I can't remember.

Man, those were the days!! Watching the Comets play was something unreal. They were awesome to watch.
Old 12-06-2008, 02:25 PM   #6
Maniak
CAVS FAN FOR LIFE

Maniak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Candace Parker>All
Maniak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 11:55 PM   #7
JellyBean
College superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maniak
Candace Parker>All

Not.
Old 12-11-2008, 08:19 PM   #8
Maniak
CAVS FAN FOR LIFE

Maniak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by JellyBean
Not...

..false at all!

There, fixed your sentence for you
Maniak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 01:38 PM   #9
Yung D-Will
Utah Jazz (6-6)

Yung D-Will has an incredible reputation hereYung D-Will has an incredible reputation hereYung D-Will has an incredible reputation hereYung D-Will has an incredible reputation hereYung D-Will has an incredible reputation hereYung D-Will has an incredible reputation here

All i know about the Wnba is Candice Parker is amazing
Yung D-Will is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 10:06 PM   #10
nickv1025
Can barely lace up my sneakers

nickv1025 has an OK reputation so far

First off, why do you morons who hate the WNBA even bother coming into this forum.

Secondly, the talent level has increased. What people miss is the personality. Every team took on the personality of its star player(s) because there was only 1 (maybe 2) really excellent player on each team (kind of like NBAs Magic, Lakers, Raptors, Hornets). Sure there are other GOOD players. But no other STAR players. Now that there is more talent, there are more stars on each team and therefore it is difficult for teams to have the personality of one single player (ala Coop in Houston, TSpoon in NY).

Think about the Celtics. There are the big three (four if you count Rondo's up-and-comingness). The Celtics are great, but they don't really have a personality (unless you consider what has carried over from Pierce).

So yes, the talent has increased.

(BTW, this will be the league's 13th season)

Last edited by nickv1025 : 01-07-2009 at 10:09 PM.
nickv1025 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 10:09 PM   #11
Sonic R
Be Attitude For Gains

Sonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickv1025
First off, why do you morons who hate the WNBA even bother coming into this forum.

Secondly, the talent level has increased. What people miss is the personality. Every team took on the personality of its star player(s) because there was only 1 (maybe 2) really excellent player on each team (kind of like NBAs Magic, Lakers, Raptors, Hornets). Sure there are other GOOD players. But no other STAR players. Now that there is more talent, there are more stars on each team and therefore it is difficult for teams to have the personality of one single player (ala Coop in Houston, TSpoon in NY).

Think about the Celtics. There are the big three (four if you count Rondo's up-and-comingness). The Celtics are great, but they don't really have a personality (unless you consider what has carried over from Pierce).

So yes, the talent has increased.

(BTW, this will be the league's 13th season)

Actually, I was the thread starter and this was a serious question… I am well aware of the exact time the league started but I was trying to see some peoples views…

I'll admit I may have a slight homerish agenda… I am in Detroit and have seen the success of the Shock, and my friend and I (back in the fall, when I started this thread) had a discussion on the accolades of this Shock winning three titles in six years… Now it is known that the recently defunct Houston Comets had won 4 straight titles in the infancy of the league. It is an astounding achievement for any club in any sport to realize successive championships no doubt, but really, how good are the Detroit Shock? Are their achievements as good, comparable, or even better than what the Comets did? My friend was saying the Detroit won in a more difficult era and should be regarded along side Houston as an elite franchise in the WNBA…

If I come on and post about how great the Shock are and that they are one of the best ever in the WNBA, I'm an automatic homer with blinders on and with disregard for anything else, right?
Sonic R is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: