Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 04-25-2007, 02:49 AM   #1
Liberalo
Banned

Liberalo has an OK reputation so far
Default On the bright side...

- All this losing and embarrasment will force the Lakers to make some moves, hopefully they blow up the team, get rid of Odom, get a 2nd option and quality role players. It all can be done.

- Kobe now saw what it's like to be on his own, like complete uknown, like a freaking rolling stone. He scored a lot of points, made a name for himself individually and now should be 100 % focused on winning and nothing else.
I think that's at least one good thing about these losing years.
After this, Kobe will be 100 % commited to winning.

So what do you think? I personally want this to be an interesting summer.
Every night I log online I want to read about a potential Lakers trade and signing.
That's how active they got to be.

Finally, let's hope this joke of a team gets blown up.
Liberalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 03:12 AM   #2
eizljay
Can barely lace up my sneakers

eizljay has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: On the bright side...

I share your view bro.

If the Lakers play the rest of the remaining games like that G2, then yeah a major overhaul is needed.

I expect them to lose the series but not the way they played in game2. It was just too much one-sided.
eizljay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 03:56 AM   #3
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I wanna see at least 7 new players next year ready to go.

three changes in the starting lineup.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 02:01 PM   #4
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

The problem with a mediocre team is they pick in the middle of the draft. Really bad teams get those really good picks which can turn around a team faster than anything. Free agency isn't really the way to go because anybody who's really good cost too much and that messes up your cap space. The only thing they can do is try to pull off a trade which means getting rid of young talent and a core player (like Odom). If KG gets traded Minnesota wants to send him to the East. The Lakers would have a hard time getting him although they should really put the pressure on Minnesota and try to pull that one off. The more likely option is Jermaine O'Neal. I can see him getting traded with LO involved in the deal. The bottom line is the Lakers need to shake things up. Kobe can't carry the team through the playoffs all be himself. They best player in the NBA still needs a sidekick which he doesn't have at this point. They may need to give up Bynum in order to get a superstar caliber player in return. I also don't necessarily see Smush coming back with the way the end of this season has turned out. I would look for the Lakers to try to grab another PG and still probably have Farmar as a back up. Although, I'm not really sure what PG's are available off the top of my head the Lakers could realistically get. Chauncey Billups is not going to happen. The only way the Lakers could get him is through a sign and trade and Detroit is definately going to sign and keep him anyway. Mo Williams is a FA but may not be the best fit and wants to stay in Milwaukee. Anyway, they need a dominant big man and a true point gaurd before they can be considered elite.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 02:50 PM   #5
magicmanfan
Local High School Star

magicmanfan is a pretty well-respected postermagicmanfan is a pretty well-respected postermagicmanfan is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberalo
- All this losing and embarrasment will force the Lakers to make some moves, hopefully they blow up the team, get rid of Odom, get a 2nd option and quality role players. It all can be done.

Finally, let's hope this joke of a team gets blown up.

I agree!!! Keep Kobe, Luke and maybe Evans or Sasha...no one else
plays hard all the time....Farmar is worth keeping too, but only Luke and
KB are for sure keepers....

Do what you gotta do Mitch, get us some toughness and effort players...PLEASE!!!
magicmanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 03:39 PM   #6
hwliuLAP
Local High School Star

hwliuLAP is a pretty well-respected posterhwliuLAP is a pretty well-respected posterhwliuLAP is a pretty well-respected poster

after watching the 1st two game

I have Kobe, Brown and FARMAR as the untouchable list
I don't think anyone would really take Luke or Turiaf so I'm not too worried
the list will develope

as of now, I can say bye bye to Odom, VRad, Evans
and Bynum for someone sweet, because bynum is our best trading chip
lets just hope Mitch doesn't **** it up

maybe have Pjax play bynum just a bit more to get his stock high
hwliuLAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 09:58 PM   #7
magicmanfan
Local High School Star

magicmanfan is a pretty well-respected postermagicmanfan is a pretty well-respected postermagicmanfan is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by hwliuLAP
I have Kobe, Brown and FARMAR as the untouchable list

WHY KEEP KWAME???? He is a spectator out there much of the
time. He is surprized by passes...he jogs up the court. He is
incredibly athletic but never seems to give it his all for any
length of time. He sometimes plays solid D, but that's not
enough. The guy is built like a freight train ...... but he lacks
many things we need.

Trade him!!!
magicmanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 10:53 PM   #8
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicmanfan
many things we need.

Trade him!!!

Tex Winter even said Kwame isn't a competitior but neither are any of the guys on our team besides Kobe and Turiaf.

The other things kwame needs to do are score over 12 points and rebound at least 9 boards a game. He can't rebound for Sh!t.
Old 04-26-2007, 12:03 AM   #9
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

kobe is the only untouchable player on the team... personally i would build around kobe, luke, lamar, turiaf and jordan, maybe evans he seems to have some ability and hustles....
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 12:13 AM   #10
Kobe4life
Banned

Kobe4life posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryKobe4life posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryKobe4life posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Signed guard Tony Bobbitt and traded guard Gary Payton, forward Rick Fox, a conditional first-round pick and cash to the Boston Celtics for guards Chucky Atkins and Marcus Banks, center Chris Mihm and a second-round pick. The trade was amended on August 13, with the Los Angeles Lakers receiving no second-round pick and forward Jumaine Jones instead of guard Marcus Banks.
August 2 2004

just wow...
Kobe4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 12:30 AM   #11
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobe4life
Signed guard Tony Bobbitt and traded guard Gary Payton, forward Rick Fox, a conditional first-round pick and cash to the Boston Celtics for guards Chucky Atkins and Marcus Banks, center Chris Mihm and a second-round pick. The trade was amended on August 13, with the Los Angeles Lakers receiving no second-round pick and forward Jumaine Jones instead of guard Marcus Banks.
August 2 2004

just wow...
well that wasn't all mangements fault, fox retired and payton was being an ******* and not showing up in boston for the physical and playing high school games to screw the lakers because he was pissed they traded him
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 01:25 AM   #12
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by gts
well that wasn't all mangements fault, fox retired and payton was being an ******* and not showing up in boston for the physical and playing high school games to screw the lakers because he was pissed they traded him

basically he did his best to ruin us and it worked.
Old 04-26-2007, 02:01 AM   #13
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

ihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicmanfan
many things we need.

Trade him!!!

I think kwame isnt playing that well becasue of his ankle injury. He is not fully healed and wont be until his off season surgery. He does lack the fundamental skills on the offensive side to take us to the next level, but he is an above average center. Still, i think he is a as good as gone, he will have value for us given his expiring contract, and unless he has a spectacular season comming up, we are not gonna give him the bux he wants. He is makin something lik 9 mil which is good becasue he can be packaged to get a big player. I do believe he has made big improvements since he first came here and that he would be more effective if he wasnt injured all season but hes gotta go

Last edited by ihatetimthomas : 04-26-2007 at 02:14 AM.
ihatetimthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 02:23 AM   #14
Soccer10
Banned

Soccer10 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by gts
kobe is the only untouchable player on the team... personally i would build around kobe, luke, lamar, turiaf and jordan, maybe evans he seems to have some ability and hustles....

Umm yeah, we pretty much are built around those players right now but to call them a core is laughable.
Soccer10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 07:50 AM   #15
osyat
Can barely lace up my sneakers

osyat has an OK reputation so far

Y'all know that there are only 2 players worth keeping and they are Kobe and Ronny. Kobe is THE franchise player while Ronny is the MASCOT-PLAYER. haha

Then you look at the bench and you realize there's no one else worth keeping. Odom, Brown, Bynum, Walton, Evans, Radman, Cook and everyone else aren't worth keeping. WHY? Coz all of them are CONSISTENTLY INCONSISTENT.

While Ronny's stats arent consistent, his heart and passion for the game is consistent and in basketball, that's a big thing.

I really hate whining but I just can't help it when I'm watching this particular Lakers team. While the 2005 Lakers team didn't make the playoffs, they can be excused because Kobe missed a lot of games, Lamar missed the last part of that season, and add to that that he was still learning the triangle.

But this season? It's just horrible. While we can blame the injuries all we want, we can't escape the fact that a lot of players on this team doesn't want to give out all thier heart for our team. Cook,Parker and Bynum having issues with a HOF, no change in our defense even though it's been emphasized over and over again that it needs to be tightened, snowboarding accidents, cake throwing, and a lot of other things that our stupid players has done. Their hearts aren't in the game.

I just wish that stupid mitch *****ak will actually do something and I hope the Jim bus dies because his meddling with our team has really caused us some setbacks.
osyat is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: