Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Utah Jazz Forum

Utah Jazz Forum Utah Jazz forum - Utah Jazz message board

Old 04-09-2016, 11:39 AM   #1036
Xiao Yao You
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Default Re: 2015-16 Utah Jazz - The tanking is over!

http://weareutahjazz.com/lockedonjaz...loss-for-jazz/

Quote:
This is a game at home that you need to win if you are going to make the playoffs.

It's a game you need to win period!

Quote:
Clippers got the game to be played small. Ingles played a lot at the 4. The Jazz have not been very successful with Ingles as the 4 this year.

Played right into their hands. Go to your strengths. Don't let them dictate the game.

Quote:
Rodney Hood was terrific v. San Antonio and the opposite tonight. He doesn’t go to the free throw so his nights are completely predicated on how he shoots the ball. At this stage of his career he has had as many good night as he has had bad nights. Hood still has more games this year under 9 points than he has over 19.

Looking like a 6th man type to me.

Quote:
Jazz guards were a combined 8 of 28 and 2 of 16 from three.

Neto played well. Should have went to him more with Mack and Hood struggling and Alec just back. Johnson may have at least slowed Crawford down as well.

Quote:
Jazz have to win next 3 to secure a playoff without help.

2 games they should win. Should come down to Dallas. They are better off in the 8 slot against GS than 7 against SA.
Xiao Yao You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 11:53 AM   #1037
Xiao Yao You

http://saltcityhoops.com/shelvin-mac...er-not-savior/

Quote:
Like Burke but unlike Neto, Mack is at least a moderately consistent offensive threat. He’s shown he can hit the three (39%, likely not sustainable) as well as penetrate and finish at the rim or with a little floater in the midrange. Unlike Burke but like Neto, at 6’3″ and just over 200 pounds, Mack has the size and athleticism to offer at least token resistance to starting-caliber NBA guards.

I've seen many of the same things in Neto's game but as a rookie they've been reluctant to let the offense run through him like it has Mack.

Quote:
Shelvin Mack has proven incredibly important this season as the piece that cracked open the door to the Jazz showing their “good.” But a quality NBA point guard — maybe in the form of a lanky Aussie — could break down the door to greatness.

Until then, the Jazz are grateful to have the starting services of Shelvin Mack.
Exum is behind Mack and Neto in my mind until he shows he can do anything other than defend. I think if he can hit an open 3 he could make sense at the 2 with Hood bringing his inconsistent scoring punch off the bench
Old 04-09-2016, 02:22 PM   #1038
Xiao Yao You

http://www.sltrib.com/sports/3745563...-forgotten-man

Quote:
Because Burke's fourth-year option was picked up, he will be in the NBA.

He'll be getting paid. Doesn't necessarily mean he'll be in the league.
Old 04-10-2016, 06:36 AM   #1039
WayOfWade

Man, I always get so depressed basketball-wise whenever the Jazz lose, especially like that.

Quote:
This is a game at home that you need to win if you are going to make the playoffs.
I personally felt this was a trap game, then again I feel like the Jazz will lose on any given night nowadays; very inconsistent.

Quote:
2 games they should win. Should come down to Dallas. They are better off in the 8 slot against GS than 7 against SA.
I'm just going to come out and predict they lose their next 3 games. I certainly don't want that to happen but I can just all-too easily see a Nuggets team playing Spoiler followed by a beat down by a determined and more experienced Mavericks team which will leave the team demoralized and then losing to the Lakers to send Kobe off with a W. Maybe it's just because I'm tired but that's my prediction, prove me wrong Jazz

Quote:
Exum is behind Mack and Neto in my mind until he shows he can do anything other than defend. I think if he can hit an open 3 he could make sense at the 2 with Hood bringing his inconsistent scoring punch off the bench
I think the season should start that way at least, Exum has to prove himself once again, he's got to start at the bottom and work his way up. I still see Hood starting at the 2 though, he'll be better next year. I predict Exum will start though by the midway point of the season next year
Old 04-10-2016, 10:41 AM   #1040
Xiao Yao You

Quote:
Originally Posted by WayOfWade
Man, I always get so depressed basketball-wise whenever the Jazz lose, especially like that.

I personally felt this was a trap game, then again I feel like the Jazz will lose on any given night nowadays; very inconsistent.

I'm just going to come out and predict they lose their next 3 games. I certainly don't want that to happen but I can just all-too easily see a Nuggets team playing Spoiler followed by a beat down by a determined and more experienced Mavericks team which will leave the team demoralized and then losing to the Lakers to send Kobe off with a W. Maybe it's just because I'm tired but that's my prediction, prove me wrong Jazz

I think the season should start that way at least, Exum has to prove himself once again, he's got to start at the bottom and work his way up. I still see Hood starting at the 2 though, he'll be better next year. I predict Exum will start though by the midway point of the season next year

All of them should keep getting better at their age but I don't think we can expect Hood to improve as much as the younger guys like Exum and Lyles. He's an old 2nd year player. Not BYU old but in todays NBA old. I don't think he's set himself apart from Burks who's been dubbed a bench player. His D isn't good. He's inconsistent. Mostly just a scorer.
Old 04-11-2016, 07:23 PM   #1041
Xiao Yao You

Jody Genessy: Whoa. The Jazz must be serious about tomorrow’s game. They’re having a shootaround on the second day of a back-to-back. That’s very rare.
– via Twitter DJJazzyJody
Old 04-13-2016, 06:23 PM   #1042
Xiao Yao You

They're better off in the lottery if Rudy is out for the playoffs.
Old 04-13-2016, 06:25 PM   #1043
WayOfWade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiao Yao You
They're better off in the lottery if Rudy is out for the playoffs.
Sad but true. I kind of feel like this group kind of deserves to not make the playoffs for losing so many winnable games and underperforming for most of the year. I obviously want the Jazz to make the playoffs, but I just don't feel like they've earned it thus far
Old 04-13-2016, 06:42 PM   #1044
Xiao Yao You

Rudy Gobert: Proud of my brothers for never giving up…sometimes there are things you can’t control and the most important is to keep fighting.
– via Twitter
Old 04-13-2016, 08:13 PM   #1045
Xiao Yao You

http://saltcityhoops.com/stifle-towe...playoff-hopes/

Quote:
Lament the front-office deciding to sign three rookies last summer instead of veterans.

Lament the millions of unused salary cap dollars that could’ve been used to improve the team’s depth.
I think that and Withey not playing is what it comes down to. If he plays they finish at least 5th.
Old 04-13-2016, 08:45 PM   #1046
Xiao Yao You

http://www.slcdunk.com/nba-draft/201...in-the-lottery

Quote:
I'm going to be real -- the #52 and #60 picks are not going to be impact players.

Why not? Isiah Thomas was the last pick.
Old 04-14-2016, 06:39 PM   #1047
$LakerGold
Home of the 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiao Yao You
http://www.slcdunk.com/nba-draft/201...in-the-lottery

Why not? Isiah Thomas was the last pick.
But what are the odds? lol
$LakerGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 07:19 PM   #1048
Xiao Yao You

Quote:
Originally Posted by $LakerGold
But what are the odds? lol

of a star or impact player? Odd are pretty good for an impact player.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: