Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Streetball Forum

Streetball Forum Streetball Message Board - street basketball and streetball forum

Old 12-16-2015, 08:51 PM   #16
DoctorP
Retired.

Default Re: Took a major hit today.

Had a 4 hour low-impact session today. If I am not sore after this one I am good to go.
DoctorP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2015, 11:42 AM   #17
01amberfirewv
Serious playground baller

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorP
4-5 months? Seems like you had more than a pull, there was probably structural damage.. then again if you kept forcing the issue you may have reaggravated it before it fully healed.

I think I do have some genetic hip issues but it also doesn't help that I am 37 and really have never taken time off from anything aside from a few weeks for a ruptured pec. It was a pretty bad pull and I thought for a while it was a hernia but it ended up just being a bad pull.
01amberfirewv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2015, 02:53 PM   #18
DoctorP
Retired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01amberfirewv
I think I do have some genetic hip issues but it also doesn't help that I am 37 and really have never taken time off from anything aside from a few weeks for a ruptured pec. It was a pretty bad pull and I thought for a while it was a hernia but it ended up just being a bad pull.

You are no spring chicken. Relax and maybe turn it down a notch before you really hurt yourself. Your recuperation time is longer now than it was 3 years ago and certainly more than in your 20's. Best of luck.
Old 12-18-2015, 12:55 PM   #19
01amberfirewv
Serious playground baller

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorP
You are no spring chicken. Relax and maybe turn it down a notch before you really hurt yourself. Your recuperation time is longer now than it was 3 years ago and certainly more than in your 20's. Best of luck.

Thanks lol, I just don't want to take it too easy because if I try to slow down it seems like I starting slowing down more without trying if you know what I mean.
01amberfirewv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2015, 02:50 PM   #20
DoctorP
Retired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01amberfirewv
Thanks lol, I just don't want to take it too easy because if I try to slow down it seems like I starting slowing down more without trying if you know what I mean.

i do, bro.
Old 12-27-2015, 12:38 AM   #21
DoctorP
Retired.

I am now realizing that I am conscious of not getting hit again. Psychological trauma... :/
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: