Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-03-2015, 08:08 PM   #16
Crown&Coke
Stay Strong Droth
 
Crown&Coke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: You only get half a bar.......
Posts: 4,290
Default Re: Joe Thomas to Denver

Thomas is a legit baller

But a 1st and a 2nd? Really high price.

Pats got a 4th rounder and Tim Wright for Logan Mankins.

I know it's apples and oranges since Mankins is a guard and had some guaranteed money coming to him, while Thomas is a tackle and I think the rest of his deal has zero guaranteed money. But still that's a HUGE difference in compensation.
Crown&Coke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 08:11 PM   #17
ROCSteady
One of One
 
ROCSteady's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: D[M]V
Posts: 8,623
Default Re: Joe Thomas to Denver

pt tried to be ISH Shefter and failed
ROCSteady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 08:13 PM   #18
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias
 
RedBlackAttack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: The "Q"
Posts: 28,000
Default Re: Joe Thomas to Denver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rondooooooooooo
Joe actually seems like a really stand up guy.........he was quoted to saying he didnt want to leave the browns because he is not a quitter........woulda been nice to have have a guy like that in the locker room
You would have loved him. And I'd be rooting hard for the Broncos. He is that kind of guy... impossible not to love and still maybe the best pass protecting LT in the league.

I truly think he might have put Denver over the top. Manning would never have to worry about the left side of the line again.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 02:04 AM   #19
KNOW1EDGE
OREGrOwN
 
KNOW1EDGE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: 'murica
Posts: 4,757
Default Re: Joe Thomas to Denver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rondooooooooooo
did a little digging.....

I guess a few months ago Denver offered up their 1st round pick, but Browns countered with 1st round pick AND Shaq Barrett, which the broncos wisely said no.

Browns probably came back to negotiate, and by the time they got it squared away it was too late....

Seems to be a trend with the broncos, remember the Elvis Dumervil incident a few years ago?

Dumervil not resigning with the Broncos had absolutely nothing to do with Denver, and everything to do with Doom and his agent.

And the Joe Thomas deal didn't happen because the 2 sides couldn't agree upon terms, not because they ran out of time.
KNOW1EDGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 09:42 AM   #20
knickballer
Very good NBA starter
 
knickballer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: 2010 offseason
Posts: 8,161
Default Re: Joe Thomas to Denver

I don't think Thomas would have put Denver over the top more so where they are now. I get that Thomas will help him but Manning has choked the past three seasons and that is what's going to decide if Denver can win it or not. IIRC, Manning has had a solid o-line in his short stint with Denver excluding this year. Just got to take a gamble and hope Manning doesn't play like a little bitch when it matters the most.

I'm also not a fan trading for stars in mid season. They never work. I remember the Roy Williams trade which everyone knew was awful. Randy Moss back to Minny, etc.

Another thing is they're trading for a guy which you assume is his peak. He's gonna command a monster contract(I don't know his contract situation) and with a team that has many established stars and limited cap it's gonna hurt their ability to lock in other guys.
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 09:49 AM   #21
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: A Court Near You
Posts: 7,978
Default Re: Joe Thomas to Denver

So misinformed.

1) Thomas is under contract through like 2018.

2) Comparing Randy Moss going to Minnesota to Joe Thomas going to Denver is LOLOLOLOLOL X Infinity.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 09:55 AM   #22
knickballer
Very good NBA starter
 
knickballer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: 2010 offseason
Posts: 8,161
Default Re: Joe Thomas to Denver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbine
So misinformed.

1) Thomas is under contract through like 2018.

2) Comparing Randy Moss going to Minnesota to Joe Thomas going to Denver is LOLOLOLOLOL X Infinity.

No shit it's not comparable to Randy Moss just using it as an example. I also said I didn't know about Thomas contract situation but i guess you can't read?

You're just mad that I took a shot at Manning. Bruh, look at the cell phone footage of his recent postseason games and you'll see he's been shitting himself.
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 09:58 AM   #23
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: A Court Near You
Posts: 7,978
Default Re: Joe Thomas to Denver

It's not comparable but you used it as an example to prove your point............................................. .............

..................................

?
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 10:02 AM   #24
West-Side
Goat Loading
 
West-Side's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,899
Default Re: Joe Thomas to Denver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbine
It's not comparable but you used it as an example to prove your point............................................. .............

..................................

?

A great left tackle can be just as important as an elite receiver.
The impact just isn't visible on the stat sheet but it has indirect impact on winning football games.

Joe Thomas is quite easily one of the 50 most valuable players in the world, and has been for quite some time.

Getting him to protect an aging Peyton Manning's blind side could improve Denver's offense more so than adding another elite receiver. It will give Peyton more time to throw the ball, protect him from being hit and improve the run game. Obviously, directly improving the passing game as well.

While, of course, a prime Randy Moss is one of the most dominant speciments in league history and would have a greater impact than almost anyone; but Joe Thomas being added to a team that desperately need a LT is pretty much the best player Denver could have hoped to land. In fact, considering their team needs; it would have been the best player for them to land, unless it was Rodgers or Brady.
West-Side is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 10:06 AM   #25
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: A Court Near You
Posts: 7,978
Default Re: Joe Thomas to Denver

Quote:
Originally Posted by West-Side
A great left tackle can be just as important as an elite receiver.
The impact just isn't visible on the stat sheet but it has indirect impact on winning football games.

Joe Thomas is quite easily one of the 50 most valuable players in the world, and has been for quite some time.

Getting him to protect an aging Peyton Manning's blind side could improve Denver's offense more so than adding another elite receiver. It will give Peyton more time to throw the ball, protect him from being hit and improve the run game. Obviously, directly improving the passing game as well.

While, of course, a prime Randy Moss is one of the most dominant speciments in league history and would have a greater impact than almost anyone; but Joe Thomas being added to a team that desperately need a LT is pretty much the best player Denver could have hoped to land. In fact, considering their team needs; it would have been the best player for them to land, unless it was Rodgers or Brady.

I must be going insane. Not that I don't agree with what you're saying, but what does that have to do with anything about what I am saying?

Randy Moss was borderline washed up when he went back to Minny. Thomas is probably the best current LT in the league.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 10:26 AM   #26
West-Side
Goat Loading
 
West-Side's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,899
Default Re: Joe Thomas to Denver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbine
I must be going insane. Not that I don't agree with what you're saying, but what does that have to do with anything about what I am saying?

Randy Moss was borderline washed up when he went back to Minny. Thomas is probably the best current LT in the league.

I'm just backing you up in the conversation.
West-Side is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:03 AM.




NBA BASKETBALL FORUM KEY LINKS:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
Search Site

FOLLOW US
Twitter
Facebook
















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy