Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-03-2015, 11:33 PM   #1
Bless Mathews
454 Dumper
 
Bless Mathews's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: the underground
Posts: 10,953
Default Colts Fire OC Pep Hamilton

Thoughts lil carby and zoom?
Bless Mathews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 11:36 PM   #2
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: A Court Near You
Posts: 7,971
Default Re: Colts Fire OC Pep Hamilton

Something had to be done. Chud is a quality replacement.

I believe we will be going way more up tempo. That seems to be when we get rolling on offense. Pep didn't want to do that apparently until it was needed (for example two minute drill, or down by 17 in the fourth quarter)

Pep can blame Luck for his unemployment however. Pep wasn't the one making terrible decisions throwing the ball.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 11:49 PM   #3
Bless Mathews
454 Dumper
 
Bless Mathews's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: the underground
Posts: 10,953
Default Re: Colts Fire OC Pep Hamilton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbine
Something had to be done. Chud is a quality replacement.

I believe we will be going way more up tempo. That seems to be when we get rolling on offense. Pep didn't want to do that apparently until it was needed (for example two minute drill, or down by 17 in the fourth quarter)

Pep can blame Luck for his unemployment however. Pep wasn't the one making terrible decisions throwing the ball.

word.

You think pagano should have got canned? You want him gone?
Bless Mathews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 11:55 PM   #4
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: A Court Near You
Posts: 7,971
Default Re: Colts Fire OC Pep Hamilton

I'm indifferent but as more time goes by I feel like he's a great great great man who's just an average head coach. I think he would make a hell of a position group coach. He would be among the best.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 09:52 AM   #5
knickballer
Very good NBA starter
 
knickballer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: 2010 offseason
Posts: 8,156
Default Re: Colts Fire OC Pep Hamilton

Colts offense way too predictable. Run on first & second down and pass on third. Passing plays just seem to be deep passing routes too.

What they need is Harbaugh. Try to lure him away from Michigan and give him what ever he wants. Gets to coach his prodigy and coaches his former team.
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 09:55 AM   #6
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: A Court Near You
Posts: 7,971
Default Re: Colts Fire OC Pep Hamilton

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickballer
Colts offense way too predictable. Run on first & second down and pass on third. Passing plays just seem to be deep passing routes too.

What they need is Harbaugh. Try to lure him away from Michigan and give him what ever he wants. Gets to coach his prodigy and coaches his former team.

That's not true at all.

We pass 65 percent of the time as a team.

5th most in NFL.

Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 10:26 AM   #7
West-Side
Goat Loading
 
West-Side's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,899
Default Re: Colts Fire OC Pep Hamilton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bless Mathews
Thoughts lil carby and zoom?

West-Side is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 11:34 AM   #8
zoom17
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 8,578
Default Re: Colts Fire OC Pep Hamilton

I agree with Carbine Pep wasn't all of the problems with the Colts offense struggles. Andrew Luck is having his worst year of his career and has shot the colts in the foot so many times this year. Pep was stubborn didn't want to change the offensive scheme which was throw deep over and over again. You don't have to be a expert to realize you need a great O-line if you want deep passes to devolp which is something this team doesn't have.

Hopefully with Chud has the OC we should utilize the TE's more and more short passes it works for Pats, Broncos, Greenbay etc. Finally Andrew Luck needs to stop playing like shit and learn to throw the ball away if there's nothing there or run if you can.

Last edited by zoom17 : 11-04-2015 at 11:37 AM.
zoom17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 10:22 PM   #9
Bless Mathews
454 Dumper
 
Bless Mathews's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: the underground
Posts: 10,953
Default Re: Colts Fire OC Pep Hamilton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbine
That's not true at all.

We pass 65 percent of the time as a team.

5th most in NFL.


Another lil carby slay.

You better check your fact when going up against a geek. Especially about his team.

But yea knick baller. Bringing harbaugh might be great.

The dude can coach. I still think he's fit better for college doe. After a couple of years of harbaughs yelling and tactics, millionaire niggahs get tired of it.
Bless Mathews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 01:04 PM   #10
Nanners
hugh mungus what?
 
Nanners's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: oregon
Posts: 7,321
Default Re: Colts Fire OC Pep Hamilton

Pep is just a scapegoat here, the finger should be pointing at Grigson. The colts dont have the 28th ranked defense because of the coaching, its because they dont have the personnel. The colts dont have a trash offensive line because of coaching, its because they dont have the personnel. Grigson has made so many atrocious personnel decisions, what exactly is the coaching staff supposed to do with this trainwreck of a roster? Lets look at a few of his highlights from the past 2 years -

Traded 2014 first round pick for Trich

Used 2015 first rounder on Phillip Dorsett

Went after a bunch of ancient washed up free agent skill players like Gore and Andre

The funniest thing about all this is that Pagano actually wanted Chud has his OC back in 2013, but Grigson forced Pep on him.

Last edited by Nanners : 11-05-2015 at 02:31 PM.
Nanners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 01:10 PM   #11
zoom17
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 8,578
Default Re: Colts Fire OC Pep Hamilton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanners
Pep is just a scapegoat here, the finger should be pointing at Grigson. The colts dont have the 28th ranked defense because of the coaching, its because they dont have the personnel. The colts dont have a trash offensive line because of coaching, its because they dont have the personnel. Grigson has made so many atrocious personnel decisions, what exactly is the coaching staff supposed to do with this trainwreck of a roster? Lets look at a few of his highlights from the past 2 years -

Traded a first rounder for Trich

Drafted dorsett in the first round when the last thing the team needs is a WR

Went after a bunch of ancient washed up free agent skill players like Gore and Andre

The funniest thing about all this is that Pagano actually wanted Chud has his OC back in 2013, but Grigson forced Pep on him.

Gore is on pace for a 1000 yards he isn't washed up yet. Pep Hamilton never should have been OC to begin with. You do make some valid points on Grigson he seems like a egomaniac GM.
zoom17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 01:17 PM   #12
Nanners
hugh mungus what?
 
Nanners's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: oregon
Posts: 7,321
Default Re: Colts Fire OC Pep Hamilton

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoom17
Gore is on pace for a 1000 yards he isn't washed up yet. Pep Hamilton never should have been OC to begin with. You do make some valid points on Grigson he seems like a egomaniac GM.

gore is having a decent season I suppose, but he is pretty washed up and grigson gave him $6mil guaranteed when he should have been paid something closer to chris johnson or deangelo williams $1m guaranteed.

Last edited by Nanners : 11-05-2015 at 01:29 PM.
Nanners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 02:41 PM   #13
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: A Court Near You
Posts: 7,971
Default Re: Colts Fire OC Pep Hamilton

Gore has been a very good pickup their is no way you can call him washed up he looks very spry. You can rag in grigson for a lot of things but signing gore is not one of them.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 03:16 PM   #14
Nanners
hugh mungus what?
 
Nanners's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: oregon
Posts: 7,321
Default Re: Colts Fire OC Pep Hamilton

Gore has been decent but he is paid about 5x more than he should be and you can absolutely rag on Grigson for that

Last edited by Nanners : 11-05-2015 at 03:18 PM.
Nanners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 04:26 PM   #15
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: A Court Near You
Posts: 7,971
Default Re: Colts Fire OC Pep Hamilton

His deal is virtually 2 years at 4 mil per year.

Why anyone would complain about that deal for a still very good starting calibrr RB is beyond me.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:


Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:34 PM.




NBA BASKETBALL FORUM KEY LINKS:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
Search Site

FOLLOW US
Twitter
Facebook


















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy