Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 04-26-2007, 02:17 PM   #16
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: A Deal That Will Please Every Laker Fan(I think)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mongePR(kb24)
Then why dallas traded nash to the suns ?

nash was a free agent... he could go anyplace his little canuck heart desired
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 02:37 PM   #17
Soccer10
Banned

Soccer10 has an OK reputation so far

Can't say it would please me that much
Soccer10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 01:41 AM   #18
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

ihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicToWorthy
Regarding the Shaq trade, its widely known that Shaq only had the Mavericks and the Heat on his "Short List". The Mavericks wouldn't give up Dirk and there wasn't much else on that team that would have worked "trade wise". The Mavs knew the Lakers were in a 'bind' with Shaq because of the negative publicity between Shaq and Kobe and so they as well as anyone else had LEVERAGE during any trade negotiations with the Lakers. That is something that led to the Miami trade where the Lakers GOT BRIAN GRANT (Brian Grant = Doodie). LEVERAGE is what led to the lopsided trade for Shaq, and it is leverage that will lead to KG going elsewhere.
-----------------------------------------------------
If anything happens regarding KG it will probably be a Sign & Trade. You heard it here 1st!!!! Why do I believe that you may ask? Simple. KG wants to win. KG wants to do well by Minnesota. KG signs a "reasonable" extension with the Wolves. The Lakers then send Odom, Kwame, Cook and a 1st & 2nd Rounder (from various years) to the Wolves in exchange for KG and Troy Hudson. Again, why would that trade happen you ask? Logically speaking of course, KG probably has no shot in Minny to win Anything Remotely Worthwhile. History has shown that even WITH a good team he hasn't even made it to the Finals.

KG may also say to Mchale, "Find a way to trade me to the Lakers and get something for me in return." Mchale will say, "No". Garnett says "Fine, but I will veto any trade you try to work out otherwise and I will opt out next summer ('08)." Mchale is stuck between a rock and a hard place and finds a way to trade KG to the Lakers, BUT the Lakers have to take 1 or 2 crappy players off of their hands as well (im thinking Hudson, Jaric, Hassell, Madsen...again). This will not only leave Mchale a balanced roster of players that the Lakers did in fact like though weren't Chemistry players, he can announce that they are in "rebuilding" mode and can get players through the draft while still fielding a pretty entertaining team. The Wolves then can concentrate on developing McCants and Foye, as well as whomever they get in the lottery THIS year. The Wolves would not be left out in the cold either with a roster that has Foye, McCants, Ricky Davis, Odom, Kwame Brown, Mark Blount, Mike James, Craig Smith and Brian Cook. Nothing wrong with that team. They would still be better than The Bucks, Kings, Sonics, and Hornets (mid level teams).

Its time to WAKE UP Minny Fans and realize that there needs to be a little more wiggle room coming from you guys especially. Open up to the notion that your KG Era is now done. You tried, it was fun, but its time to move on.

P.S. Tell me this...You dont think 1) KG's agent wants him to go to LA either? 2) You don't think Gatorade wants him to go to LA either? 3) You don't think Adidas is drooling at the idea that he might go to LA either? 4) You don't think KG's agent wants his Charismatic player to go to LA where players of his caliber continue there careers in media/broadcasting/etc. after their playing days are over? 5) You don't think the drive from Malibu, CA on Hwy 1 past Santa Monica beach and onto the 10 Fwy to Staples is an easy drive to work everyday? (Because KG has a home in Malibu). 6) You don't think that being able to go out on your day off during the season (December thru March) for Lunch, relaxation on the patio or just a mild workout in the sun is a NICE CHANGE of PACE from the FRIGID 1000 lakes area?
Just let all of that sit in when you're considering KG...NOT Coming to LA and let me know how hard it would be for you or anyone else faced with those AISLES OF SMILES!!!!:

I still dont see how they can trade him to their own conference. And KG is the most loyal player in the league. Hes not going to demand a trade to only one team. He may have a list but the wolves are not goin to trade him to their own conference. You just dont do that. You dont trade your superstar to your own conference so you can see them 4 times a year and possibly in the playoffs especially a player of KGs caliber. KG may demand a trade but i cant see him pinning the wolves to a wall and forcing them to only trade him to the lakers. I really dont think KG cares what his agent and endorsements want. Im also certain he isnt caring about the sunshine in cali. What i am sure of is that he wants to win a championship and the lakers are not the only team he can do that with. He woudl reject being traded to a team with no chance of winning a championship. The bulls have a lot of assets that can be traded and you add him to the bulls and they are instant title contenders. I just think it is highly unlikley he comes here unless he is a FA. You really dont see big stars traded to their own conference ever (shaq, tmac, AI)
ihatetimthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 03:14 AM   #19
osyat
Can barely lace up my sneakers

osyat has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
(yawn):rollingeyes:

Speaking of morons, this guy ^ is definitely a moron. Not only does he not have his facts straight (Chauncey is a free agent, say with me now F-r-e-e A-g-e-n-t) but he's posted 6 times!!!

Please, post a little more here on the Lakers message board before you 1)start "trying" to call people out, and 2) Using your opinion and lack of information on players to justify situations that may or MAY NOT occur in the offseason.

KG is a viable option, the season ticket holders have spoken to kupcake and he has a home in Malibu. That is what the kids like to call....A Lead. We have a lead on KG. Why? Well, KG led the league in Rebounding this year. What pairs well with great rebounding (thats a rhetorical question buddy)? Great scoring of course. Who is a great scorer....hmmmm? Oh yeah, Kobe Bryant just achieved Scoring Champ for the second year in a row. Ok. I don't need to get into more dynamics at this point because it would be a long article stating facts and issuing examples based on players' ages, their goals, and a little thing called wanting "glory" and "A Championship". Garnett at this point, knows he's not going to get it in Minnesota, yet he knows his first choice ISN'T to leave though. Tough decision. Which would you take Cpt. 6 Posts? I imagine if you were in his shoes you'd probably find a way to help out the Wolves while helping yourself to a BETTER situation. KG only has maybe 6 years left, and thats not considering injuries that can shorten that.

If KG DOESN'T come to the Lakers, he'll finish as a nice player, HOF player no doubt, but he'll always be in the Waiting Room with Pat Ewing, Chaz Barkley, Reggie Miller, Karl Malone and John Stockton. Sad, but true. I wish it were easier for such a likeable guy as KG.

And Finally, I'll leave you all with a little image i like to call "Lakers Pre-Season Media Day Photo Session 10/1/07)

and you're supposed to be more reasonable than I am just because you've posted thousands compared to my 7 posts? wow. That's really reasonable. I applaud you for being soooo SMART.

damn. what else did you think was I talkin about when I shot down your idea of getting Chauncey? Of course he'll be a free agent! Did i imply antything else when I brought up Chauncey? Hmm...maybe your genius mind was too overloaded to get what I meant.

The Lakers are OVER the cap. Meaning, they can't sign Billups to a big contract which he will ask for once he become FA. Wow. You're sooo smart. I'm sure you can work out the math or figure out that once your team is over the cap, you can't offer more than the exceptions that your team has! GENIUS!!!

yeah,yeah, just because the ticket holders voiced out their wet dreams of getting KG, the Lakers management and the Wolves management will finally agree to deal KG to us. that is really reasonable. wow. and how useful was your discussion of KG the Rebounder and Kobe the Scorer? I'm sure once the GM's read what you posted, they'll come up to you and tell you how SMART you are and say, "wow, you have a lot of posts and you posted this, we'll reward you for your great idea, genius.".

yeah,I'm sure that's gonna happen for you. Coz your sooooo up there. and I'm just a lil voiceless poster who only has 7 posts. :)

anyway, for people who have REAL logic/rationale, here's something to chew up:

Evans - 1.5 mill
Bynum - 2.17 mill
Cook - 3.5 mill

That's 7.17 million or 8.96 mill that we could take back from another team for a player over the cap. Andre Miller's making 9.37 mill next season... if we packaged them together with our trade pick (after the pick was used [of course, for a player of their liking]) then those salaries would match up. Wouldn't you rather have Andre Miller on the squad than some of those squares?

PG: Miller, Farmar
SG: Kobe, Sasha
SF: Luke, Radmanovic
PF: Odom, Turiaf
C: Kwame, Mihm

Sign some backups for the MLE and vet minimum and we'd have a decent roster. Hell, Shammond could come back. It's a lot more realistic than a trade for KG or JO.

I'm not saying this should be done. I'm just saying that the above is more REASONABLE than the KG,Chauncey dreams.
osyat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 03:24 AM   #20
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Honestly everyone,

It might just be coincidence about the whole "no trading stars to the same division" thing.

I just don't see why it's bad. Either way your going to see that team at least 2 times a year depending what conference your in.

If we gave Minnesota equal value in return it shouldn't be a problem.

I mean Vince Carter was traded in his same division. Isn't that enough?

Look at both teams now, against each other in the playoffs.

Let's not be ridiculous about this divison rule.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 03:33 AM   #21
osyat

^ yeah...Nets got carter for nothing. lucky bastards!

they could lose carter for the value of nothing at this offseason though...

whicever way you look at it, the KG trade is a one-sided trade. It'll only make the Lakers better and the Wolves worse.
Old 04-28-2007, 03:54 AM   #22
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by osyat
^ yeah...Nets got carter for nothing. lucky bastards!

they could lose carter for the value of nothing at this offseason though...

whicever way you look at it, the KG trade is a one-sided trade. It'll only make the Lakers better and the Wolves worse.

Well that's opinionated,

because GM's all over the league would crap in their pants to get their hands on Bynum.

If we offered Bynum (unlikely), T-Wolves should wake up to it immediately.
Old 04-28-2007, 04:20 AM   #23
osyat

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
Well that's opinionated,

because GM's all over the league would crap in their pants to get their hands on Bynum.

If we offered Bynum (unlikely), T-Wolves should wake up to it immediately.

but bynum is an unsure prospect. what if he ends up like Kwame Brown(and I sure hope he doesn't!)?

is the Minny management willing to take that risk just so they can grant KG's wish,<which he hasn't really voiced out>?

We really have to put ourselves in our trade partner's shoes to see if we are making any sense in the offer that we're giving them.

Minny will be looking to unload some of their guards. That's probably their first priority. Garnett? well, let's just assume that he's at the bottom of their trade priorities for now.

(this is KG's fault right there. It's because he hasn't made or said anything which would alarm the management that he wants to get out of there. As long as KG remains mum about that, then I don't think we should even have talks of him inside the Lakers forum.)

On the other hand, JO's team mate leaked out that JO wants to come to LAkerland.So that right there can is worth discussing here.
Old 04-28-2007, 11:49 AM   #24
MJ(Mean John)
The Fresh Prince

MJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

man i dont want lakers to deal Bynum
i mean he is too good of ending result.
lets say that he doesnt develop(which wont happen i mean he is working wit KAJ and has already improved) and stayed the same for the rest of his career. We still have a 7 foot rebounder and shot blocker who can pass and score.
On the other hand lets say he develops...J.O. took forever to develop and so did Eddy Currry and Chandler.BtW Kwame doesnt suck...(shown on game 3)
when he wants to or can he can ball. Rebound,play defense,block shots,fast(for a big), can score in the post. Kwame is young...he is not old...hes young and when healthy he does improve his play.
Bynum played good in the start of the season but not the 2nd half...Why???
he is not used to it. Last season might of well been his rookie year. Remeber its the first time that he has played other teams...
Lamar, why give up on him? he hasnt been healthy but when he plays when it counts and against the suns? hes there. He is a baller. I mean he struggles at time becuase he does so much for the lakers.He has to help kobe with scoring becuase no one else can.No true PG who can run the offense and get easy shots for everyone. not one big who is going to consistently dominate the glass. He has to take care of the Glass and getting shots for everyone and getting everyone invloved plus bringing energy. Plus theres not a lot of players in the league with lamars talent who is going to take heat from kobe at times like lamar does.(shaq diddnt..lol)
the only players that i wouldnt be that heart broken to see leave via trade
B.Cook(too many bigs)
Smush(doesnt create and doesnt play defense)
Radmanovic-.....tisk...tisk...
Mckie-too old
*S. Williams
*sasha
*-players are like w.e. They play nice defense and hit jump shots and are nice roster fillers but wouldnt mind having them as trade fillers.

I like Lakers core group. Keep it. Just that Rad signing killed me. Nxt year trade those few players and use the mid. on a nice player and who can contribute or use him as bait.
MJ(Mean John) is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 03:40 PM   #25
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Quote:
but bynum is an unsure prospect. what if he ends up like Kwame Brown(and I sure hope he doesn't!)?

is the Minny management willing to take that risk just so they can grant KG's wish,<which he hasn't really voiced out>?

We really have to put ourselves in our trade partner's shoes to see if we are making any sense in the offer that we're giving them.

Minny will be looking to unload some of their guards. That's probably their first priority. Garnett? well, let's just assume that he's at the bottom of their trade priorities for now.

(this is KG's fault right there. It's because he hasn't made or said anything which would alarm the management that he wants to get out of there. As long as KG remains mum about that, then I don't think we should even have talks of him inside the Lakers forum.)

On the other hand, JO's team mate leaked out that JO wants to come to LAkerland.So that right there can is worth discussing here.

well of course. I agree with everything you said.

Only things are whether Bynum is a project or not, thats how the NBA thinks. They want young prospects to build around them in return once they trade away their stars. So while you may think Bynum will probably be another Brown (which I don't think btw), GM's always go for the potential players.

Why do you think they keep asking for Bynum in trades?

Also, I would think that Indiana would demand Bynum if we want JO.
Old 04-28-2007, 08:21 PM   #26
MagicToWorthy
Kids at the park dunk on me

MagicToWorthy has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
and you're supposed to be more reasonable than I am just because you've posted thousands compared to my 7 posts? wow. That's really reasonable. I applaud you for being soooo SMART.

damn. what else did you think was I talkin about when I shot down your idea of getting Chauncey? Of course he'll be a free agent! Did i imply antything else when I brought up Chauncey? Hmm...maybe your genius mind was too overloaded to get what I meant.

The Lakers are OVER the cap. Meaning, they can't sign Billups to a big contract which he will ask for once he become FA. Wow. You're sooo smart. I'm sure you can work out the math or figure out that once your team is over the cap, you can't offer more than the exceptions that your team has! GENIUS!!!

yeah,yeah, just because the ticket holders voiced out their wet dreams of getting KG, the Lakers management and the Wolves management will finally agree to deal KG to us. that is really reasonable. wow. and how useful was your discussion of KG the Rebounder and Kobe the Scorer? I'm sure once the GM's read what you posted, they'll come up to you and tell you how SMART you are and say, "wow, you have a lot of posts and you posted this, we'll reward you for your great idea, genius.".

yeah,I'm sure that's gonna happen for you. Coz your sooooo up there. and I'm just a lil voiceless poster who only has 7 posts. :)

anyway, for people who have REAL logic/rationale, here's something to chew up:

Evans - 1.5 mill
Bynum - 2.17 mill
Cook - 3.5 mill

That's 7.17 million or 8.96 mill that we could take back from another team for a player over the cap. Andre Miller's making 9.37 mill next season... if we packaged them together with our trade pick (after the pick was used [of course, for a player of their liking]) then those salaries would match up. Wouldn't you rather have Andre Miller on the squad than some of those squares?

PG: Miller, Farmar
SG: Kobe, Sasha
SF: Luke, Radmanovic
PF: Odom, Turiaf
C: Kwame, Mihm

Sign some backups for the MLE and vet minimum and we'd have a decent roster. Hell, Shammond could come back. It's a lot more realistic than a trade for KG or JO.

I'm not saying this should be done. I'm just saying that the above is more REASONABLE than the KG,Chauncey dreams.

Yawn.:rollingeyes:

I was actually starting to enjoy your post until.................

OMG. You finished off your post with a...<gulp> Mouth watering Andre Miller trade to a team that is re-building. Im sure most people on here agree that Andre Miller was a great fit for Philly after the Iverson trade. Iguodala really picked up his play once the PG was a PASS FIRST PG. Obviously if you POSTED MORE you'd figure that one out. A. Miller probably isn't going anywhere. Why? Well he's no longer going to get HUGE Money in a Free Agent contract. His abilities are great for a team with players like Iguodala, Korver and Dalembert, while at the same time being able to knock down open jumpers when the time calls for it, instead of forcing shots and NOT getting the other players involved. You see (young poster), that with a system like Philly's Miller is ideal. Players like Philly's need to get a Rhythm going to be successful and dangerous. Going in a different direction with a NEW PG after they have played together for half a season and Found success is over estimating how the market works. IMO, of course.

Sorry bro, you've got fire and heart, but your examples will probably be your downfall.

As far as LA and KG go, the Lakers Management need to be shaken out of apathy in order to get creative and trade for KG. I believe that this series with Phoenix will be the Crux behind what will happen this season with a big time Player acquisition, whether it be Free Agency or through Trade. If you want to discount Billups (which if Detroit doesn't get to the Finals) leaving for a Fresh start in a Bigger market, fine. Just keep an eye out for guys who get disappointed based on their respective Playoff Eliminations. After the July moratorium is concluded You'll see that the Lakers will be in the game for someone. Im ready...Let the hate flow uphill my friend with your return volley on this one.
MagicToWorthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 07:27 AM   #27
osyat

Quote:
Yawn.:rollingeyes:

I was actually starting to enjoy your post until.................

OMG. You finished off your post with a...<gulp> Mouth watering Andre Miller trade to a team that is re-building. Im sure most people on here agree that Andre Miller was a great fit for Philly after the Iverson trade. Iguodala really picked up his play once the PG was a PASS FIRST PG. Obviously if you POSTED MORE you'd figure that one out. A. Miller probably isn't going anywhere. Why? Well he's no longer going to get HUGE Money in a Free Agent contract. His abilities are great for a team with players like Iguodala, Korver and Dalembert, while at the same time being able to knock down open jumpers when the time calls for it, instead of forcing shots and NOT getting the other players involved. You see (young poster), that with a system like Philly's Miller is ideal. Players like Philly's need to get a Rhythm going to be successful and dangerous. Going in a different direction with a NEW PG after they have played together for half a season and Found success is over estimating how the market works. IMO, of course.

Sorry bro, you've got fire and heart, but your examples will probably be your downfall.

As far as LA and KG go, the Lakers Management need to be shaken out of apathy in order to get creative and trade for KG. I believe that this series with Phoenix will be the Crux behind what will happen this season with a big time Player acquisition, whether it be Free Agency or through Trade. If you want to discount Billups (which if Detroit doesn't get to the Finals) leaving for a Fresh start in a Bigger market, fine. Just keep an eye out for guys who get disappointed based on their respective Playoff Eliminations. After the July moratorium is concluded You'll see that the Lakers will be in the game for someone. Im ready...Let the hate flow uphill my friend with your return volley on this one.

wow, and you still haven't failed to remind me that I have a few posts. gee, thanks for that. I'm sure you know that I'm aware that I haven't posted that much,but oh,gawd, thank you very much for pointing that out.

first off, Philly might still want to accept a trade offer like the one I came up with if 1) they get a guard in the draft 2) they want bynum just as much as most teams do.

I only came up with that trade idea in the first place because I wanted to show you a more realistic trade offer. Show me your great KG trade idea and maybe we can really start talking about that "crazy" trade idea of yours.

(but,hey, if a KG trade does happen *cough* LONGSHOT *cough*, I'll be happily chewing my own words. YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST!)

Now, about Chauncey Billups. Dude, do you know how to crunch numberS? I'm sure you do coz you know how to count the number of posts I have. So here it goes :

Chauncey Billups earns $6,364,400 this season.

in case he DOESN'T opt out he'll earn $6,819,000 next season.

For a star player like him 6.8million/year next season won't cut it, hence Chauncey will opt out.

And what does that mean? It means he's looking for an offer which will earn him at least $7million/year (anything higher than 6.8million is his target).

You're talking about the big market in LA but what does that have in connection with Chauncey's FA status?! Are we gonna be able to offer him 7mill when he becomes a FA?

Do I need to come up with more numbers just so you'd understand that we don't have a chance of signing a FA star player?

since I'm feeling a bit good right now, let me show you some numbers:

This year the Lakers salary cap is over the limit- $77,419,550

this is mainly due to Briant Grant's $15,570,625 which expires after this season.

Next season the Lakers will have a salary cap of $57,660,336 with Mihm,Mckie,Walton,Turiaf,Williams,Grant,Parker contracts coming off the book.

With re-signings of Walton and Turiaf, the Lakers will be over the Salary cap for next season which means the only thing the Lakers can offer is MLE which was $5million+. Next season, it WONT reach 7mill.

So there, stop dreaming of Chauncey Billups already.
Old 04-29-2007, 10:06 PM   #28
MagicToWorthy
Kids at the park dunk on me

MagicToWorthy has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
wow, and you still haven't failed to remind me that I have a few posts. gee, thanks for that. I'm sure you know that I'm aware that I haven't posted that much,but oh,gawd, thank you very much for pointing that out. Magictoworthy 4 Prez!!!

first off, Philly might still want to accept a trade offer like the one I came up with if 1) they get a guard in the draft 2) they want bynum just as much as most teams do.

I only came up with that trade idea in the first place because I wanted to show you a more realistic trade offer. Show me your great KG trade idea and maybe we can really start talking about that "crazy" trade idea of yours.

(but,hey, if a KG trade does happen *cough* LONGSHOT *cough*, I'll be happily chewing my own words. YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST!)

Now, about Chauncey Billups. Dude, do you know how to crunch numberS? I'm sure you do coz you know how to count the number of posts I have. So here it goes :

Chauncey Billups earns $6,364,400 this season.

in case he DOESN'T opt out he'll earn $6,819,000 next season.

For a star player like him 6.8million/year next season won't cut it, hence Chauncey will opt out.

And what does that mean? It means he's looking for an offer which will earn him at least $7million/year (anything higher than 6.8million is his target).

You're talking about the big market in LA but what does that have in connection with Chauncey's FA status?! Are we gonna be able to offer him 7mill when he becomes a FA?

Do I need to come up with more numbers just so you'd understand that we don't have a chance of signing a FA star player?

since I'm feeling a bit good right now, let me show you some numbers:

This year the Lakers salary cap is over the limit- $77,419,550

this is mainly due to Briant Grant's $15,570,625 which expires after this season.

Next season the Lakers will have a salary cap of $57,660,336 with Mihm,Mckie,Walton,Turiaf,Williams,Grant,Parker contracts coming off the book.

With re-signings of Walton and Turiaf, the Lakers will be over the Salary cap for next season which means the only thing the Lakers can offer is MLE which was $5million+. Next season, it WONT reach 7mill.

So there, stop dreaming of Chauncey Billups already.

Dude, we just lost Game 4 its looking closer and closer to....

YAY YAY YAY!!! :)
MagicToWorthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 10:11 PM   #29
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I will say that Jerry Buss did comment this season on Laker Radio KLAC 570AM Radio in Los Angeles that he would pay above the salary cap, if it were for the right player.

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 10:18 PM   #30
Cool
NBA rookie of the year

Cool is considered somewhat coolCool is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalMike
I will say that Jerry Buss did comment this season on Laker Radio KLAC 570AM Radio in Los Angeles that he would pay above the salary cap, if it were for the right player.

When was this?
Cool is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: