Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Seattle SuperSonics Forum

Seattle SuperSonics Forum Seattle Supersonics message board - sonics fan forum

Old 04-25-2007, 04:30 PM   #1
Moose

Default Sonics items you own?

Just wondering what Sonics items you own to support your team?
Old 04-26-2007, 07:27 AM   #2
JellyBean
College superstar

JellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Sonics items you own?

I have the 1979 Championship Banner (Thank you Ebay).

1. Gus Williams jersey
2. Dennis Johnson jersey
3. Seattle license plate
4. Sonics hat
5. Media guides from 1981 to the present (my wife wants me to ditch them...aint happening)
6. 1979 championship coffee mug ( I don't even drink coffee)
7. Ray Allen jersey
8. Jack Sikma t-shirt
9. Lonnie Shelton photo (God, I wish that I could have gotten this thing signed).
10. Over 300 Sonics basketball cards (1980-2004).

That is it. And what is this I hear about my Sonics leaving the Seattle area? Please, keep the Sonics in Seattle.
JellyBean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 02:49 PM   #3
Moose

Quote:
Originally Posted by JellyBean
I have the 1979 Championship Banner (Thank you Ebay).

1. Gus Williams jersey
2. Dennis Johnson jersey
3. Seattle license plate
4. Sonics hat
5. Media guides from 1981 to the present (my wife wants me to ditch them...aint happening)
6. 1979 championship coffee mug ( I don't even drink coffee)
7. Ray Allen jersey
8. Jack Sikma t-shirt
9. Lonnie Shelton photo (God, I wish that I could have gotten this thing signed).
10. Over 300 Sonics basketball cards (1980-2004).

That is it. And what is this I hear about my Sonics leaving the Seattle area? Please, keep the Sonics in Seattle.

Wow great collection. I use to have an authentic alternate Ray Allen jersey but was fake and too big so i sold it. And i use to have an authentic and screen printed Gary Payton away sonics jersey but sold them so i can pay for rent.
Old 04-27-2007, 08:19 PM   #4
defendish
I airball my layups

defendish has an OK reputation so far

collison jersey

hat
defendish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 09:49 AM   #5
JellyBean
College superstar

JellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose
Wow great collection. I use to have an authentic alternate Ray Allen jersey but was fake and too big so i sold it. And i use to have an authentic and screen printed Gary Payton away sonics jersey but sold them so i can pay for rent.

Thanks. I love the Sonics. Even though I live in Minnesota and attend Timberwolves games and cheer for the Timberwolves, the Sonics are, and will always be my favorite team. So it is Sonics and Timberwolves.
Old 04-29-2007, 01:51 PM   #6
defendish
I airball my layups

Why would you be a Sonics if you live in MN? Did you at some point in your life live in that area?

PS: lol I am somewhat of a T-Wolves fan because KG21 was one of my favorite players. I am Sonics fan first then in the playoffs (in the past) I would cheer for the Wolves (unless they played the Sonics).

Last edited by defendish : 04-30-2007 at 12:28 AM.
Old 04-29-2007, 03:04 PM   #7
RainierBeachPoet
NEVER forget da SONICS

RainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

i heard an espn announcer give his "4th grade theory"

the teams that one loved in 4th grade, are the teams that one carries with him into adulthood
RainierBeachPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 09:46 PM   #8
JellyBean
College superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainierBeachPoet

the teams that one loved in 4th grade, are the teams that one carries with him into adulthood

Never heard that theory before, but I can agree with the thinking. But to answer defendish's question. Defendish, I have lived in Minnesota pretty much most of my life. We had the Lakers but they moved. My very first NBA game that I ever watched was a tape delayed Sonics game and they were playing at the Kingdome.

Long story short, I fell in love with the colors, the logo (you gotta admit the Seattle skyline with half of a basketball is sweet). The players; Downtown Freddie Brown, Gus "the Wizard" Williams, Jack Sikma, DJ.....I just loved this squad from that first game in '78 on, Even though we have a squad here in Minnesota now, I still cheer for the Sonics like crazy. And when we play each other, I just sit back and enjoy the game.
Old 04-30-2007, 12:18 AM   #9
defendish
I airball my layups

Cool man. Thanks for sharing.
Old 04-30-2007, 10:17 AM   #10
RainierBeachPoet
NEVER forget da SONICS

RainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default 1979

Quote:
Originally Posted by JellyBean
Never heard that theory before, but I can agree with the thinking. But to answer defendish's question. Defendish, I have lived in Minnesota pretty much most of my life. We had the Lakers but they moved. My very first NBA game that I ever watched was a tape delayed Sonics game and they were playing at the Kingdome.

Long story short, I fell in love with the colors, the logo (you gotta admit the Seattle skyline with half of a basketball is sweet). The players; Downtown Freddie Brown, Gus "the Wizard" Williams, Jack Sikma, DJ.....I just loved this squad from that first game in '78 on, Even though we have a squad here in Minnesota now, I still cheer for the Sonics like crazy. And when we play each other, I just sit back and enjoy the game.

nice!

good to have fans in whatever part of the country

when they won the 79 championship, how did you celebrate? people must have thought you were a bit odd over there rooting for the sonics

we went downtown and drove around seattle honking the horn and yelling/cheering with complete strangers. it was the one time that the whole town felt united

the thought of them leaving makes my stomach turn...
Old 04-30-2007, 07:52 PM   #11
JellyBean
College superstar

Default Re: 1979

Quote:
nice!

good to have fans in whatever part of the country

when they won the 79 championship, how did you celebrate? people must have thought you were a bit odd over there rooting for the sonics

we went downtown and drove around seattle honking the horn and yelling/cheering with complete strangers. it was the one time that the whole town felt united

the thought of them leaving makes my stomach turn...

Man, I wish that I was in Seattle when they won that title, dang!! Dude, I still read my Sports Illustrated, the one with Gus Williams on the cover driving around Wes Unsled. I think when we won the title back in '79, I really did not celebrate that much like you guys did. All I did was go outside and play basketball pretending to be Downtown Freddie Brown or Dennis Johnson. And I agree, the thought of them leaving the Seattle or Washington area, makes me feel ill.
Old 08-12-2007, 07:02 PM   #12
White Chocolate
5-time NBA All-Star

White Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputation

I used to have Gary Payton and Shawn Kemp road jerseys. I'm waiting for Mitchell and Ness to release Kemp's jersey from the 1995-96 season. I also have cards of Payton, Kemp, Detlef Schrempf, Ricky Pierce, and Eddie Johnson.
White Chocolate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 04:43 PM   #13
ZeN
RichardRiderLives

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I own a coffe mug with a Sonics logo on it... does that count?
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 12:28 PM   #14
RainierBeachPoet
NEVER forget da SONICS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeN
I own a coffe mug with a Sonics logo on it... does that count?

does it say "seattle" on it

if so, its a keeper...
Old 09-25-2007, 07:54 PM   #15
marny_navis
Banned

marny_navis has decent reputation

Quote:

I only started liking basketball until I was in the 4th grade. Before that I was a Pokemon geek. My family didn't have a favorite team; in fact, they hardly watched sports, so I kinda had to pick a team on my own, and, obviously, being the 4th grader that I was, I liked the Lakers at the height of their dominance. Now, I realize that I don't really like them too much, and I was just a bandwagoneer (I also started liking Oklahoma for College Football when Adrian Peterson was running all over everyone as a Freshie, and later switched once Jason White graduated and started liking the Longhorns. Same thing happened with the 49ers when they drafted Alex Smith. Now, I like the Iowa Hawkeyes and I don't really have a favorite NFL team). I still enjoy watching the team play, but they aren't really my favorite team anymore. In fact, like ebonics, I'm pretty much a fan of the NBA. If I had to pick, I would say San Antonio is my favorite team (BUT I DO NOT JUST LIKE THEM BECAUSE THEY'RE WINNING I LIKE THEM BECAUSE THEY PLAY RIGHT), followed by 2a Seattle and 2b Charlotte.

My Sonics paraphernalia amounts to a jersey card of Ray Allen, Desmond Mason, and for some reason, Joe Smith (all on the same card).
marny_navis is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: