Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 04-25-2007, 07:16 PM   #1
D-Wade
Great college starter

D-Wade has an OK reputation so far
Default Crittenton and Young declare for draft, won't hire agent

Georgia Tech freshman guard Javaris Crittenton will declare for the draft but not sign with an agent, Yellow Jackets coach Paul Hewitt said Wednesday.

Crittenton's decision follows his classmate and teammate Thaddeus Young, who made the same declaration Tuesday.

Crittenton averaged a team-high 14.4 points and 5.8 assists for the Yellow Jackets, who finished 20-12 after losing to UNLV in the first round of the NCAA tournament. The Yellow Jackets finished 8-8 in the ACC.

Crittenton is considered one of the better guards available but it's unclear where he would be in the first round, so testing the waters to see if he's a lock for a high draft pick makes sense.

Underclassmen have until Sunday to declare for the draft and until June 18 to withdraw before the June 28 draft.
D-Wade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 08:21 PM   #2
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

i seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Crittenton and Young declare for draft, won't hire agent

I knew Crittenton was thinking about it, but I didn't see Young entering.

Personally, even though this draft is weak at the pg position, I think Crittenton will definitely return to GTech. Young is interesting though.

Realistically, he could go in the mid teens....but he is a work in progress.

With a good year at GTech next season, he can move well into the lottery so it depends on how quickly he wants to leave. Is being a mid round pick good enough for him?

Obviously workouts will decide pretty much both player's futures.
i seen hippos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 11:20 AM   #3
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here

Jarvis wouldn't even be a first rounder in my opinion. I don't think there are a lot of teams in the 20s looking to mentor a point gaurd right now. Most of those guys are looking for a player to contribute now and Jarvis is about two seasons away from doing so in the NBA. I think he's just going to test the waters and go back to school, but if he stays he might not even sniff the first round a la Daniel Gibson.

EDIT: Lots of mistakes.

Last edited by wang4three : 04-26-2007 at 03:26 PM.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 12:49 PM   #4
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

baseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by wang4three
Young wouldn't even be a first rounder in my opinion. I don't think there are a lot of teams in the 20s looking to mentor a point gaurd right now. Most of those guys are looking for a player to contribute now and Jarvis is about two seasons awway from doing so in the NBA. I think he's just going to test the waters and go back to school, but if he stays he might even sniff the first round a la Daniel Gibson.
young will be picked around 14 or 15 if he stays in based on potential
baseketball4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 03:25 PM   #5
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here

I made a mistake. I mean Jarvis wouldn't be a first rounder in my opinion.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 01:10 PM   #6
monthh
Local High School Star

monthh has an OK reputation so far

It is Javaris not Jarvis.

But I like his game a lot. He is still young and won't make an impact his 1st year, but in year two I would expect him to be a good young PG. But I do agree that in this draft, the only teams that may give him a look will be the Lakers, Heat, Rockets, and maybe Philly. I think he would be real good with the Lakers though. At 6-4 he has the size that Phil Jackson has liked in his PG.

I could see him putting up 12 to 14 points and 6 to 8 assists over the course of his career much like someone like a Jamaal Tinsley.
monthh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 05:59 PM   #7
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Young = Tinman Thomas.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: