Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Memphis Grizzlies Forum

Memphis Grizzlies Forum Memphis Grizzlies forum - Memphis Grizzlies message board

Old 04-25-2007, 10:04 PM   #1
jailer
MillionDollarException

jailer has an OK reputation so far
Default No to brown!!

I personally think that Larry Brown is one of the most overrated coaches ever.He has problems with players and has a certain coaching style the fans will not watch here.
jailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 02:57 PM   #2
J-Memphis
I hit open layups

J-Memphis has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: No to brown!!

Its been a while but I had to get on just to support this thread. DOWN WITH LARRY BROWN!

Sign a young guy like the Suns assistant or another coach... ANYONE BUT LARRY BROWN! I dont want to see the Grizz throw 79 different starting lineups next season like Brown's last Knicks team!

DOWN WITH BROWN
J-Memphis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 03:48 PM   #3
Moose

He's going to sink this team to another level. Maybe if your lucky you'll win half the games you won in the 06-07 season.
Old 04-26-2007, 06:27 PM   #4
jailer
MillionDollarException

Wow im getting support.That is incredible,usually this thread is dead.Thanks for throwing in your two cents.
Old 04-26-2007, 10:52 PM   #5
poindexter
I hit open layups

poindexter has an OK reputation so far

Yeah, Brown is way beyond his best days as a coach.
He doesn't like playing younger players and that is what the
Grizzlies are now. Marc Ivarroni seems like a much better fit.
poindexter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 11:06 PM   #6
A-MATT
Banned

A-MATT has an OK reputation so far

yall should be lucky he is even interested in yall,
A-MATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 02:36 AM   #7
Chalkmaze
Good college starter

Chalkmaze has decent reputationChalkmaze has decent reputation

You guys are ridiculous. Brown is well known for taking terrible teams and making them playoff bound. It's not like you guys are on the verge winning the championship or something. It's not about what style the fans like to watch, it's about how many games you win, or at least it should be. I've heard rumors that Memphis is being considered for relocation, now I know why.

Brown should be your top choice unless somebody super spectacular comes along, I wouldn't even know who that would be, as Brown is one of the best coaches out there.
Chalkmaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 02:20 PM   #8
jailer
MillionDollarException

Im so tired of people that have no idea what there talking about coming in here.The grizz wont and can not be moved for like another five years.Second when the team won 50 games and another 48 and another 50.The fans here could care less.The style was boring except in the first years.Which is why we traded battier to get a promising new talent that is already putting up offensive numbers close to battiers in his first year.I agree brown is a decorated coach.He is still overrated.He had the perfect opputunity to prove his worth in new york.Instead he showed everyone how to steal millions.He is a good coach and I think the players would listen to him.They might win 50 plus for two seasons get a little distance in the playoffs.Then bit by bit the team will turn on him and he will turn on them.
Old 04-27-2007, 03:32 PM   #9
StroShow4
Certified ISHiot.

StroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Memphis
Its been a while but I had to get on just to support this thread. DOWN WITH LARRY BROWN!

Sign a young guy like the Suns assistant or another coach... ANYONE BUT LARRY BROWN! I dont want to see the Grizz throw 79 different starting lineups next season like Brown's last Knicks team!

DOWN WITH BROWN

i agree... hire ivaroni, the assistant for the suns.
StroShow4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 12:17 PM   #10
jailer
MillionDollarException

Why is everyone so hot on this cat from the suns?He is an untested assistant.Many of these guys are around.Can anyone explain why he is so coveted.
Old 04-28-2007, 12:37 PM   #11
poindexter
I hit open layups

poindexter has an OK reputation so far

that is a good question. look at musselman. he was the gotta have
young coach a couple of years ago and now he is out of a job in
just a year. ivarroni could be in the same boat at this time next year.
don't know if the media writers push for a guy they like or if it is
coming from the guy's relatives who want his money.
poindexter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 09:45 PM   #12
jailer
MillionDollarException

I had mentioned Bill Lambier.I was laughed at by the memphis radio personalities.They were saying that the players would not listen to him and he wouldnt command respect in the locker room.As if tony barone does,or ever did.If I remember correctly Lambier was one hell of a basher in the league.Anyone going to the hole had to look twice for him or he might throw them on there butt.He has one I think two championships in wnba.Maybe that dosent sound to impressive.But he has succeeded where he has been allowed a chance.I am not saying he is a good or bad coach but he should at least get an interview.
Old 04-30-2007, 11:59 AM   #13
J-Memphis
I hit open layups

I dont theres a problem with going after a young assistant... The owner has stated he wanted a young GM and coach. So hes not proven, well neither is our team. They can prove themsleves together. True there are many instances of hiring someone unproven and it blowing up in the franchises face, but there is also plenty examples of hiring someone for their name, and it proving to be as bad for the team.

But to appease the question, I discussed this thread with my roommate and he brought up an interesting name I havent heard thrown out yet... Stan Van Gundy. He had a heck of a season with Miami only to get thrown out for Pat Riley's return. Yes, Riley might leave and Van Gundy could be back in Miami, but I believe he is a noteworthy coach with some experience that could be a nice fit in Memphis, especially if we landed Oden.
Old 04-30-2007, 12:05 PM   #14
J-Memphis
I hit open layups

And as far as why is the suns assistant so coveted... im kinda surprised you asked...

Obviously, most successful coaches start as assistants on successful teams. And heres a breaking story: The Suns are unbelievable. D'Antoni and Colangelo are the primary reasons of course, but the Suns are loaded with talented assistants.

The fact is the NBA wants more teams like the Neo-Showtime Suns. Many owners and GMs want to bring fastbreak basketball back. Older more experienced coaches are typically more experienced in halfcourt bash 'em basketball. So who should the GM's look for to help them bring a fastbreak style team to their city? The Phoenix Suns bench is the first place everyone will look. And this isnt a no name coach either. This guy has been talked about for the past couple of years when coaching vacancies have appeared...

Another point: Colangelo in Toronto is looking at replacing COY Sam Mitchell with this same assistant. He kinda knows what hes doing... So it isnt unreasonable for another young athletic team in the Grizz to look at him for their coaching position.
Old 04-30-2007, 08:48 PM   #15
jailer
MillionDollarException

Stan van gundy is a good choice as well.I had actually thought of him when they fired fratello but once again I was laughed at.I believe he is a decent coach.He had wade(young),Odom,and butler.He created a style and got two the second round.Then got shaq created a new style and got to the east championships.If wade and shaq had not been injured they would have won.Then riley D'boed his way in cause he knew his team had a real good chance aT GOING ALL THE WAY.I agree van gundy should get a shot.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: