Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 04-25-2007, 10:26 PM   #1
magicmanfan
Local High School Star

magicmanfan is a pretty well-respected postermagicmanfan is a pretty well-respected postermagicmanfan is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Sagar and Lamar

Sagar said something about Lamar challenging the team after
game one.... Did anyone get the details on that? I thought I
heard that Lamar said the team was not supporting Kobe...

Imagine playing with today's MJ and not supporting him!!!

MAJOR MOVES this summer please!!!!
magicmanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 10:32 PM   #2
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Sagar and Lamar

There was a discussion today on KLAC 570AM Radio here in SoCal that talked about the team morale and one of the broadcasters made the opinion that Kobe must be impossible to play with and that is why the Lakers are not a cohesive team. I am definitely not trying to create Kobe hate, but the conversation did make me wonder a bit.

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 10:38 PM   #3
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalMike
There was a discussion today on KLAC 570AM Radio here in SoCal that talked about the team morale and one of the broadcasters made the opinion that Kobe must be impossible to play with and that is why the Lakers are not a cohesive team. I am definitely not trying to create Kobe hate, but the conversation did make me wonder a bit.

was that the show that has the lady and TJ simers? if so, disregard them completely. Especially simers. we all know about him.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 10:43 PM   #4
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
was that the show that has the lady and TJ simers? if so, disregard them completely. Especially simers. we all know about him.

Actually, it was the afternoon show....

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 10:51 PM   #5
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalMike
Actually, it was the afternoon show....

You mean the loose cannons?

If they said that I'd be pretty shocked. They're the most delusional announcers I have ever heard
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 11:06 PM   #6
m1sterb
Great young streetballer

m1sterb has not been impressing people

I think it was one of the reporters on TV that asked him about that during the interlude to game 2. He said something like lamar telling the team that he doesn't care what they contribute as long as they contribute something. Albeit rebounds, offense or defense whatever, bring something to help Kobe.
m1sterb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 08:30 AM   #7
osyat
Can barely lace up my sneakers

osyat has an OK reputation so far

Yeah, great going Lamar. Let's see you back up your talk. He keeps talking but I don't see him doing anything at all. besides, all his motivational one-liners aren't really motivating anyone.
osyat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 08:41 AM   #8
Soccer10
Banned

Soccer10 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by osyat
Yeah, great going Lamar. Let's see you back up your talk. He keeps talking but I don't see him doing anything at all. besides, all his motivational one-liners aren't really motivating anyone.

That's true, Lamar is usually all talk but this time I think he's doing a great thing and he really cares, really wants to help Kobe and the Lakers win.

Check it out

http://www.ocregister.com/ocregister..._1670875.phpEL

Quote:
SEGUNDO

Lakers coach Phil Jackson didn't need to burn any incense or have anybody try on his trusty mood ring Wednesday to gauge his team's disposition after a 28-point loss and before a game it must win to avoid the 3-0 playoff series hole no NBA team has ever escaped.

Jackson said after practice that the Lakers would not win tonight, "not in the mood they were in today."

"They've got to change their mood about playing this game," he said. "They were depressed and they were humiliated last night. They still haven't gotten over it."

Jackson further revealed that he told his assistants before Game 2 Tuesday in Phoenix that he had a sense that the Lakers were "gonna get smoked." Why? "Because of the preparation we had. I didn't like the intensity that the team brought to it."

And tracing back to the very root of this entire tragedy or comedy, depending on your perspective, remember what Jackson yelled to his team the day before Game 1. He saw such shoddy preparation that he warned: "We'll be out of the series in four games." Even the week before, Jackson had alluded to going "four and out" with the Lakers unable to focus on a playoff berth right there waiting for them.

Amid all of the undercooked turkeys, Lamar Odom has tried to lead. He basically took on the role of director this postseason and urged his teammates to put everything into their scenes, imploring them to play their roles with more feeling.

He yelled at teammate Kwame Brown on the court at one point in Game 1 only to see a ball bounce off Brown's head and out of bounds. Odom wasn't deterred – pointing to his head furiously and making a passionate speech in the ensuing timeout to remind everyone to play smarter.

Odom addressed the team again the day after that loss. And in the minutes before Game 2, Odom could be seen trying to rally the team in the training room and the locker room — using just the sort of positive exhortations Jackson has requested from Odom, who can get caught up in negativity during troubled times.

"No half-steppin'!" Odom said loudly as he prowled the locker room early Tuesday night. Yet when Odom left to go lift weights, Brown spoke up from the training room — and cracked so many jokes that Luke Walton could only shake his head.

As the blowout loss was setting in — and right after Kobe Bryant launched a long three-point miss instead of passing to Odom in the post as he called for the ball — Odom ran up to Suns guard Steve Nash and delivered a hard foul. Asked later if it was frustration or the sort of physicality the Lakers haven't brought to this series, Odom said: "Both. Those guys were getting layup after layup and kicking our butts up and down the court."

Once the defeat became official, Odom's once-half-full glass spilled all over the locker-room carpet.

He assailed the team's camaraderie, saying: "That's the only way you lose games like this — when you're not that close."

On Wednesday, Odom was trying to fight the malaise: "I just mean cheering together and dealing with each other. When guys are not playing well, the support has not been there all year. If that's not going to be there, we don't have a chance."

The Lakers' lack of support has been most evident in team defense this season. Jackson had also hoped this team would develop an identity foremost as a great passing team given the generous natures of Odom and Walton and two years of the triangle offense.

On Tuesday night, Bryant, Odom and Walton combined for eight assists against 10 turnovers, and the Suns finished with 30 assists to the Lakers' 16.

But Bryant has been pointing to a lack of execution, not a lack of unity. And it's true that Jackson has remarked at various junctures this season that it might help some of this team's slackers stand up straight if Bryant were to revert back to the ice prince of yesteryear who wouldn't tolerate excuses. Jackson has half-joked about this team being too close.

About Bryant, Odom said Wednesday: "His patience is incredible."

So do they lack camaraderie or do they have too much? In so many ways, these Lakers don't know what kind of team they are. They tried to tune up their offense after Game 1, but their defense broke down in Game 2.

What Bryant is growing increasingly dissatisfied with is something that could be tied to the lack of execution and unity: playing hard as a team. He believes the 2004 Lakers with Bryant, Shaquille O'Neal, Karl Malone and Gary Payton actually weren't as good of a team as the 2004 San Antonio Spurs, yet found a way to make up for it and became one of 11 NBA teams to win a playoff series after a 2-0 deficit.

I liked his quote about Kobe having incredible patience. You see Lamar knows what's up.
I bet he's a great guy but what you can do, he has to be gone!!!!

Anyway, if our players (Kwame this time) only make jokes after such terrible games then there's no point in even trying.
Soccer10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 09:56 AM   #9
LA.MJ&KB#1
Good college starter

LA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation here

Big trades/cuts in the offseason. Everybody is tradeable except Kobe and Bynum. This team doesn't really realize the talent around them and they are not hungry for a title. Hope we do real in the offseason.
LA.MJ&KB#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 12:40 PM   #10
MagicToWorthy
Kids at the park dunk on me

MagicToWorthy has an OK reputation so far

Yeah, uh, let's go easy on Lamar. He's playing with a shoulder injury on HIS SHOOTING ARM that most people probably wouldn't be able to play with or would find reasons NOT to play with/under. Management and Phil have stated recently that they are pleased with Lamar's efforts and know that he's in the game's because he's giving his all. He hasn't had bad stats, he just hasn't LOCKED down any of the Suns on DEFENSE, so it seems that he isn't having as big of an impact.

I also don't think Kobe isn't guilty of being a player that isn't fun or easy to play with. C'mon people, HE'S the ONLY THREAT ON OFFENSE RIGHT NOW! Think about that. He's the ONLY THREAT. Thats just brutal. As always Kobe is D4mned if he does score and D4mned if he tries to Facilitate. Unbelieveable. Its neither Kobe nor Lamar's fault here.
MagicToWorthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 02:13 PM   #11
Heilige
An Icon Forever

Heilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccer10
That's true, Lamar is usually all talk but this time I think he's doing a great thing and he really cares, really wants to help Kobe and the Lakers win.

Check it out

http://www.ocregister.com/ocregister..._1670875.phpEL

I liked his quote about Kobe having incredible patience. You see Lamar knows what's up.
I bet he's a great guy but what you can do, he has to be gone!!!!

Anyway, if our players (Kwame this time) only make jokes after such terrible games then there's no point in even trying.

Take it easy on Lamar. Let's see what he does tonight. I believe he really cares and is going to give it his all. As for Kwame though, he needs to ****ing leave. Cracking jokes?
Heilige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 02:21 PM   #12
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
I believe he really cares and is going to give it his all
good post, the guy is playing with a shoulder that has an operating room on stand-by a knee that has never quite got back to where it should be and won't until it gets some rest and yet he's out there fighting every night... i have no problems with lamar's effort or heart...
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 02:29 PM   #13
Soccer10
Banned

Soccer10 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by LA.MJ&KB#1
Big trades/cuts in the offseason. Everybody is tradeable except Kobe and Bynum. This team doesn't really realize the talent around them and they are not hungry for a title. Hope we do real in the offseason.

Talent? What talent? We're talking about talent? The Lakers have talent? Haha

As for Lamar, I'm with most of you.

He's a great person. To be able to play and concentrate on basketball, be so passionate about this series despite the tragedy that has happened to him during last summer is just amazing.
Poor guy.
You guys should see the picture of Jayden in the Lakers locker room.
It's the saddest thing ever.

I think he's a great guy and despite what people say, I think he likes and appreciates Kobe.

All my stuff aside, I want him gone and all but he really deserves a lot of respect for a lot of things he's done this year.

Props.
Soccer10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 03:04 PM   #14
Heilige
An Icon Forever

Heilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccer10
Talent? What talent? We're talking about talent? The Lakers have talent? Haha

As for Lamar, I'm with most of you.

He's a great person. To be able to play and concentrate on basketball, be so passionate about this series despite the tragedy that has happened to him during last summer is just amazing.
Poor guy.
You guys should see the picture of Jayden in the Lakers locker room.
It's the saddest thing ever.

I think he's a great guy and despite what people say, I think he likes and appreciates Kobe.

All my stuff aside, I want him gone and all but he really deserves a lot of respect for a lot of things he's done this year.

Props.

Do the other teammates like Kobe? I was surprised when Lamar was talking about how everyone wasn't really close.
Heilige is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: