Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Golden State Warriors Forum

Golden State Warriors Forum Golden State Warriors message board - warriors fan forum

Closed Thread

Old 04-26-2007, 05:59 AM   #1
insidehoops
Administrator

Default Round 1: Mavericks vs Warriors, Game 3

Continued from this series thread: http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38072
Old 04-26-2007, 11:01 AM   #2
thekavorka
Good High School Starter

Default Re: Round 1: Mavericks vs Warriors, Game 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by statman32
Dampier did nothing 2nite to help you win. I hope your joking about starting him=win.

Dampier played 4 min to start the game. In those 4 min the Warriors were +8.

The Mavs then brought him back in the game at the start of the 2nd quarter with the score 30-28 Warriors. He played 4 min and in those 4 min the point differential stayed the same.

He then started off the 2nd half playing about 3 min and in those 3 min the point differential stayed the same.

Then in the 4th quarter the Mavs brought him in for about 3 min. In those 3 min the Warriors were +5

So on the night the Warriors were +13 with Dampier in the game. Way to go Dampier.

Maybe not Dampier, but Diop played a great game. A lot of people on here were saying how the Mavs have to play small to keep up the with the Warriors, but I felt Diop made a huge difference. Mavs were a +27 with Diop in the game.
Old 04-26-2007, 11:20 AM   #3
R.I.P.
NBA lottery pick

Dampier has a strong physique, but the Warriors are much faster to the boards and beat him constantly. Diop on the other hand is leaner, taller and quicker. Kinda like the Suns series last year, when Diop was the difference maker. Nevertheless Avery should spread the floor on offense more often and Dampier needs to work on Harrington. He should be able to take Harrington through the rim with him. On the other hand Harrington has been a blackhole on offense, better to keep him out of foul trouble.
Old 04-26-2007, 11:51 AM   #4
telephone
Banned

IT was amazing that the Mavs only made one three pointer and got 112 points. They made a lot of close shots and got tons of points in the paint.
Old 04-26-2007, 12:02 PM   #5
Howard5Dirk41
Banned

I didnt get to see the game on tv last night just from the upper deck but it seems that if the Mavs can just get back on defense and not allow stephen jackson to hang out at the warriors offense end when the mavs have a fast break, they will win this series 4-1. The Mavs gave up so many cheap ass points last night by not getting back on D, shore that up and its church.
Old 04-26-2007, 01:21 PM   #6
niko
I Run NY.

the warriors cracked, there defense was awful and the calls they were whining about weren't close they were obvious fouls. (the last one baron complained about, he jumped into the offensive player and there was a mid air collision. give me a break)

warriors absolutely need to win game 3 and to do that, they need to front run. if its 25-25 after 1 game 3, series is DONE.
Old 04-26-2007, 01:41 PM   #7
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howard5Dirk41
I didnt get to see the game on tv last night just from the upper deck but it seems that if the Mavs can just get back on defense and not allow stephen jackson to hang out at the warriors offense end when the mavs have a fast break, they will win this series 4-1. The Mavs gave up so many cheap ass points last night by not getting back on D, shore that up and its church.
it will not be 4-1... 4-2 is more realistic. i think they will split the next 2 games then dallas will win the next 2. the warriors were 30-11 at home. i still like dallas in this series 4-2. come on people its a 8 versus 1 who the **** do you think is going to win.
Old 04-26-2007, 01:43 PM   #8
A Roc 23
Back Better Then Ever

Dirks is shooting under 37% in his last 8 playoff games. I wonder if he'll be able to get over his nervousness and play some playoff basketball.
Old 04-26-2007, 01:44 PM   #9
thekavorka
Good High School Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseketball4life
it will not be 4-1... 4-2 is more realistic. i think they will split the next 2 games then dallas will win the next 2. the warriors were 30-11 at home. i still like dallas in this series 4-2. come on people its a 8 versus 1 who the **** do you think is going to win.

It's more like a 1 vs 4/5. I picked mavs in 6 and i'm sticking with that.
Old 04-26-2007, 01:45 PM   #10
Howard5Dirk41
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekavorka
It's more like a 1 vs 4/5. I picked mavs in 6 and i'm sticking with that.

True, the Warriors are better than the avergae #8 seed, they are 17-6 in their past 23 games, plus with the matchup problems Dallas has with them.
Old 04-26-2007, 01:46 PM   #11
Howard5Dirk41
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Roc 23
Dirks is shooting under 37% in his last 8 playoff games. I wonder if he'll be able to get over his nervousness and play some playoff basketball.

Yea I know, too bad we couldnt have a gimmie series sweep over a sorry ass team like the Lakers.
Old 04-26-2007, 01:48 PM   #12
A Roc 23
Back Better Then Ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howard5Dirk41
Yea I know, too bad we couldnt have a gimmie series sweep over a sorry ass team like the Lakers.

Instead you're stuck with those defensive juggernauts: the Warriors. :)
Old 04-26-2007, 01:50 PM   #13
telephone
Banned

Quote:
Instead you're stuck with those defensive juggernauts: the Warriors. :)

You are quite the hypocrite. You make it seem as the warriors are an easy team to face because they arent defensive yet the suns arent defensive either but are still a good team.

So basically the suns are an easy team by your logic.
Old 04-26-2007, 01:54 PM   #14
A Roc 23
Back Better Then Ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by telephone
You are quite the hypocrite. You make it seem as the warriors are an easy team to face because they arent defensive yet the suns arent defensive either but are still a good team.

So basically the suns are an easy team by your logic.

What?

I'm saying that the league MVP should be able to shoot a good % vs. a team that plays little defense and uses players 6'8'' and smaller at the C/PF position.

The Suns play better defense then the Warriors, but I have already accepted that Dirk will have a great series against the Suns. I just don't think it will be enough.
Old 04-26-2007, 01:57 PM   #15
telephone
Banned

Quote:
What?

I'm saying that the league MVP should be able to shoot a good % vs. a team that plays little defense and uses players 6'8'' and smaller at the C/PF position.

The Suns play better defense then the Warriors, but I have already accepted that Dirk will have a great series against the Suns. I just don't think it will be enough.

Ok, I didnt know you were referring to Dirk. Because it seemed like it was about the team and not dirk when you responded to howard5dirk41's sorry ass lakers comment.

Ok Dirk may not have had a great of a game but when you are double teamed so much what can you do? Oh yeah pass it to Josh Howard, Terr and Stack for shots.

that is exactly what he did and thats why all three played so well.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Closed Thread