Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Golden State Warriors Forum

Golden State Warriors Forum Golden State Warriors message board - warriors fan forum

Closed Thread

Old 04-26-2007, 01:04 PM   #16
A Roc 23
Back Better Then Ever

A Roc 23 has decent reputationA Roc 23 has decent reputation
Default Re: Round 1: Mavericks vs Warriors, Game 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by telephone
Ok, I didnt know you were referring to Dirk. Because it seemed like it was about the team and not dirk when you responded to howard5dirk41's sorry ass lakers comment.

Ok Dirk may not have had a great of a game but when you are double teamed so much what can you do? Oh yeah pass it to Josh Howard, Terr and Stack for shots.

that is exactly what he did and thats why all three played so well.

Fair enough. I'm sure he'll pick it up anyway. Until he does I will be ripping on him.
Old 04-26-2007, 01:08 PM   #17
telephone
Banned

telephone has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Roc 23
Fair enough. I'm sure he'll pick it up anyway. Until he does I will be ripping on him.

Damn. Dirk made three straight shots last night that really really helped.

I have yet to watch a suns game. I dont really think its worth watching until they get to the 2nd round.
Old 04-26-2007, 01:24 PM   #18
DatZNasty
NBA rookie of the year

DatZNasty is considered somewhat coolDatZNasty is considered somewhat coolDatZNasty is considered somewhat cool

Warriors play far better defense than given credit for, just like the Suns really, but with the Warriors it is just that they're defensive style is basically scrambling and using their athleticism. They did lead the league in forced turnovers this yr as a result. Another result is they can be prone to picking up fouls with all the reaching and trying to block everything, but even still Harrington is the only starter they have who isn't a good individual defender and they still got Barnes, Pietrus, and Beidrins coming off the bench.
Old 04-26-2007, 01:35 PM   #19
different107
National High School Star

different107 has decent reputation

It was metioned during the game last night that Stephen Jackson could possibly get suspended for taking his time getting off the court and continuing to argue.

Anyone know if he is suspended or not?
Old 04-26-2007, 01:59 PM   #20
bumm3rm4n
I airball my layups

bumm3rm4n has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by different107
It was metioned during the game last night that Stephen Jackson could possibly get suspended for taking his time getting off the court and continuing to argue.

He shouldn't be suspended for that. But who knows. Stern might do that just show how big his ***** is
Old 04-26-2007, 02:06 PM   #21
dirkdiggler41
(no Dirk homer)

dirkdiggler41 is popular on this boarddirkdiggler41 is popular on this boarddirkdiggler41 is popular on this boarddirkdiggler41 is popular on this boarddirkdiggler41 is popular on this board

I dont see how the GSW will win this serie. They got the worst shot selection ever. They might hit those shots, but it wont last in the playoff. The defence they are playing is great. Kinda remind me when the suns played the lakers (last playoff) and suddenly the lakers could play D. The GSW got the Dirk rules. Nellie knows how Dirk works. He knows that when dirk makes space for himself with his body, that he will shoot. He knows that when Dirk pumpfake when he just got the ball that he will attack the basket. He knows that when Dirk is on the high-post he will turn to the spin move. He knows how Dirk play and it is killing Dirk.

GSW=The old mavs with to many jumpershooter. Just look at them. Nellie is their dam coach

Sorry for the bad english. It is my secend languagem but bear with me
Old 04-26-2007, 02:53 PM   #22
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Roc 23
What?

I'm saying that the league MVP should be able to shoot a good % vs. a team that plays little defense and uses players 6'8'' and smaller at the C/PF position.

The Suns play better defense then the Warriors, but I have already accepted that Dirk will have a great series against the Suns. I just don't think it will be enough.

the warriors kicked the suns ass to such a degree last time they played that it made me wonder if the suns could win a title at the time, being beaten at their own game and physically by GS. perhaps you forgot?

it sounds like you are implying the warriors are easy. they would have gave phoenix a huge fight.
Old 04-26-2007, 05:14 PM   #23
raiderfan19
Shazam!

raiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

im still wondering why there is all this hate for dirk and none for duncan when dirk has been better than duncan so far.
Old 04-26-2007, 05:19 PM   #24
thekavorka
Good High School Starter

thekavorka has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderfan19
im still wondering why there is all this hate for dirk and none for duncan when dirk has been better than duncan so far.

because duncan is playing against Nene and Camby, two pretty good defenders. dirk is playing against someone 5 inches shorter
Old 04-26-2007, 05:24 PM   #25
-primetime-

starting Damp was a huge help...

like I said, Damp could go 0/0/0 and still play a great game....he is the reason that Baron Davis didn't drive to the hoop in the first quarter....Davis saw Damp in the middle and decided to pass the ball rather than drive...

don't fool youselves, Damp was a huge help

Old 04-26-2007, 05:55 PM   #26
raiderfan19
Shazam!

raiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekavorka
because duncan is playing against Nene and Camby, two pretty good defenders. dirk is playing against someone 5 inches shorter
duncan is also playing single coverage and dirk is being doubled.
Old 04-26-2007, 05:56 PM   #27
raiderfan19
Shazam!

Quote:
Originally Posted by -primetime-
starting Damp was a huge help...

like I said, Damp could go 0/0/0 and still play a great game....he is the reason that Baron Davis didn't drive to the hoop in the first quarter....Davis saw Damp in the middle and decided to pass the ball rather than drive...

don't fool youselves, Damp was a huge help
i normally champion the dampier helps no matter what bandwagon but he wasnt much of a help last night. still think we should continue to play him but he just wasnt a big help last night. he played 14 minutes and the mavs were outscored 13 points in that time.
Old 04-26-2007, 06:05 PM   #28
-primetime-

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderfan19
i normally champion the dampier helps no matter what bandwagon but he wasnt much of a help last night. still think we should continue to play him but he just wasnt a big help last night. he played 14 minutes and the mavs were outscored 13 points in that time.

really?...it looked to me like he was stuffing up the lane and making things difficult for them to me...and I can't help but tothink it is better than going all small...at least Avery knows now that we need to play our big guys

Old 04-26-2007, 06:08 PM   #29
MaxFly
Stylin' on you

MaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by different107

This is the playoffs, he shouldn't be suspended for that. Human emotion has to be taken into account when some of these decisions are made. Even though it is Stephen Jackson, I can see people being outraged if he were suspended. That would put a damper on a great series.
Old 04-26-2007, 06:13 PM   #30
telephone
Banned

telephone has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxFly
This is the playoffs, he shouldn't be suspended for that. Human emotion has to be taken into account when some of these decisions are made. Even though it is Stephen Jackson, I can see people being outraged if he were suspended. That would put a damper on a great series.

See Jason Terry, stackhouse and DJ MBenga last year. As mavs fans, a suspension should happen.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Closed Thread