Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Utah Jazz Forum

Utah Jazz Forum Utah Jazz forum - Utah Jazz message board

Closed Thread

Old 04-26-2007, 04:03 PM   #31
fatboy11
NBA sixth man of the year

fatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Round 1: Jazz vs Rockets game 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotsizzle
TNT are idiots showing us the Det/Orl instead of this.
I know, right.

I don't have NBA TV. Oh well, the Rockets are going to lose anyway so I'd just getting my heart rate and blood pressure up.

Hopefully, I can b!tch about not being able to see this game tomorrow because the Rockets won. Doubt it, though.
Old 04-26-2007, 04:08 PM   #32
CakeorDeath
Local High School Star

CakeorDeath has decent reputation

Quote:
Hopefully, I can b!tch about not being able to see this game tomorrow because the Rockets won

Don't worry; I'll be watching, and if the Rockets win I'll be doing enough b!tching for the both of us.
Old 04-26-2007, 04:30 PM   #33
MaxFly
Stylin' on you

MaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this board

Lets not jump to conclusions... I want to see how Utah plays with their fans supporting them. 2 home games and Utah may well be back in this series with the momentum... unlikely, but not impossible.
Old 04-26-2007, 04:49 PM   #34
New Jazzy Nets
New Uni's 2010-2011

New Jazzy Nets has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by konex
Okur should not be guarding Yao. Until Sloan changes this, he won't be productive this series...

Okur did a great job on yao last game defensivly, the offense wasnt there for okur, but he'll get it back on track.
Old 04-26-2007, 04:53 PM   #35
Xsatyr
Samurai Chef

Xsatyr is considered somewhat coolXsatyr is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Jazzy Nets
Okur did a great job on yao last game defensivly, the offense wasnt there for okur, but he'll get it back on track.

Yao would get back on track before Okur does so I am not worried about it.
Old 04-26-2007, 05:11 PM   #36
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation here

For those with no NBATV and live in the Hosuton/Utah area, it si still coming on FSN.

An the reason ESPN is not showing it is because TNT are showing the games today, noway they put them on at the same time. Its just like an WWE sjow and anECW show, they will never be on the same night.
Old 04-26-2007, 05:20 PM   #37
Fudge
psychotic&iconic

Fudge is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by brantonli
Jazz will take this one. They can't be in a funk for three straight games.

Didn't they have like a 6 or 7 game losing streak late in the season? It's pretty likely for them to lose 3.
Old 04-26-2007, 05:21 PM   #38
MaxFly
Stylin' on you

MaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
For those with no NBATV and live in the Hosuton/Utah area, it si still coming on FSN.

An the reason ESPN is not showing it is because TNT are showing the games today, noway they put them on at the same time. Its just like an WWE sjow and anECW show, they will never be on the same night.

I can understand why people would be upset that the game isn't going to be shown, but we do have to look at it from the perspective of the broadcast companies as you mentioned. How were games shown in past years? I doubt this is the first year something like this has happened.
Old 04-26-2007, 05:25 PM   #39
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxFly
I can understand why people would be upset that the game isn't going to be shown, but we do have to look at it from the perspective of the broadcast companies as you mentioned. How were games shown in past years? I doubt this is the first year something like this has happened.
Back a couple of years when TBS would run games, you would have a double header on TNT then one game on TBS. They are doing the same with the ESPN stations. Two on ESPN and then other on ESPN2.

Now with NBATV, instead of the TBS games, they are put on NBATV.
Old 04-26-2007, 05:25 PM   #40
Mewwem22
Go Jazz!

Mewwem22 is a pretty well-respected posterMewwem22 is a pretty well-respected posterMewwem22 is a pretty well-respected poster

This is a HUGE game for the jazz. A win would get the jazz back into the series and give them momentum going into game 4. A loss would... Well yeah, it wouldn't be pretty. I still have faith that they can win this series though. They just made it very difficult on themselves by letting Houston win both home games.

The jazz fans are going to be crazy tonight. I hope they bring out the cow bells.
Old 04-26-2007, 05:27 PM   #41
Fudge
psychotic&iconic

Fudge is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mewwem22
This is a HUGE game for the jazz. A win would get the jazz back into the series and give them momentum going into game 4. A loss would... Well yeah, it wouldn't be pretty. I still have faith that they can win this series though. They just made it very difficult on themselves by letting Houston win both home games.

The jazz fans are going to be crazy tonight. I hope they bring out the cow bells.

Yeah we'd be in pretty deep trouble if we lost this. Then if you win the next game on Sat, then i think we're pretty much over. Oh well, good luck to both.
Old 04-26-2007, 05:28 PM   #42
Heretik32
Myrrh

Heretik32 is considered somewhat coolHeretik32 is considered somewhat coolHeretik32 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by CakeorDeath
It all depends on how you look at it. In my experience, Rockets fans are among the most realistic fans in the league; they are not usually ones to make big predictions and they often are quick to criticize their own team when something is not right. If you want to talk with fans that are relentlessly optimistic to the point of "homerism" then you are probably rooting for the wrong squad.

Funny thing is, you're right. As much as I'd like to have someone to hate on in this series, it's just not possible... Houston's a great down to earth team, has two very likable superstars in McGrady and Yao, and even their goddamn fans are mostly knowledgable guys. Let's hope we win this series and can go on to battle some idiot team and their moron fans. But it'd take a series win by Denver in order for that to happen. Well.

Last edited by Heretik32 : 04-26-2007 at 05:31 PM.
Old 04-26-2007, 05:34 PM   #43
Xsatyr
Samurai Chef

Xsatyr is considered somewhat coolXsatyr is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fudge
Yeah we'd be in pretty deep trouble if we lost this. Then if you win the next game on Sat, then i think we're pretty much over. Oh well, good luck to both.

No we wouldn't, it is to be expected that the Rockets will lose. This is not going to be a sweep, I think 60% of the teams that win the first two lose the third game. Now if they lose both, then we should worry. I also think that any team that gone up 3-0 won the series every time. So if the Rockets win, it is pretty much over.
Old 04-26-2007, 05:41 PM   #44
DRUMGEE
I brick open layups

DRUMGEE has an OK reputation so far

Time for the team known for comebacks this year to comeback.
Go Jazz!
Old 04-26-2007, 05:41 PM   #45
ElPigto
*****istrator

ElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

If this series is a sweep like many wannabe Rockets fans proclaim (they know who they are) I will sport a Jazz avatar for three months.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Closed Thread