Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-21-2015, 03:50 PM   #31
!@#$%Vectors!@#
Nanimosuruna, Kizaru
 
!@#$%Vectors!@#'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Kizaru-Oops,you're Ben Beckman
Posts: 2,773
Default Re: Lack of Female Refs

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorfan
maybe there are more male refs than female refs because

there are a lot more men that go into the field of professional officiating


if there was the same amount of men and women applying for the job and there was a lot more men on the court then that would be wrong


that is not the case though
/end thread

Don't want to do this against a fellow Curry Family member but.... I'm sure there a several female applicants who are equally qualified for the job....

Dont be the: "When I type I type in bold. My opinion should be heard and told to everyone young and old because I am so smart guy"
!@#$%Vectors!@# is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 03:57 PM   #32
warriorfan
The Bully
 
warriorfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 18,294
Default Re: Lack of Female Refs

Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%Vectors!@#
Don't want to do this against a fellow Curry Family member but.... I'm sure there a several female applicants who are equally qualified for the job....

Dont be the: "When I type I type in bold. My opinion should be heard and told to everyone young and old because I am so smart guy"

How are you really sure that there are several female applicants that are more qualified than all the other male applicants? I can see where you are coming from when you made this thread, but you are gonna need some statistics to back up your gut feelings.

It makes much more sense that there are a lot more qualified men than women trying to get into professional NBA officiating rather than an NBA conspiracy to keep the Woman Referee down.
warriorfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 04:07 PM   #33
!@#$%Vectors!@#
Nanimosuruna, Kizaru
 
!@#$%Vectors!@#'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Kizaru-Oops,you're Ben Beckman
Posts: 2,773
Default Re: Lack of Female Refs

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorfan
How are you really sure that there are several female applicants that are more qualified than all the other male applicants? I can see where you are coming from when you made this thread, but you are gonna need some statistics to back up your gut feelings.

It makes much more sense that there are a lot more qualified men than women trying to get into professional NBA officiating rather than an NBA conspiracy to keep the Woman Referee down.


This isn't something that can be backed up statistically because I doubt the NBA would release the number of applicants they have. But Even so when it comes down to it, it does not have to be based on numbers. You can do it by percentage of Women hired that are equally qualified as much as their male counterparts then scale that number to match the huge discrepancy of the ratio of M:F applicants.
!@#$%Vectors!@# is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 04:07 PM   #34
sd3035
Impartial NBA analyst
 
sd3035's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 6,918
Default Re: Lack of Female Refs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hittin_Shots
Don't get too excited now jameer, the cartoons will get jealous.

sd3035 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 04:07 PM   #35
Jameerthefear
Paid shill
 
Jameerthefear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Swimming in cash
Posts: 38,601
Default Re: Lack of Female Refs

is that u in ur avatar OP?
Jameerthefear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 04:08 PM   #36
stalkerforlife
Banned
 
stalkerforlife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Gainesville, FL.
Posts: 17,452
Default Re: Lack of Female Refs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jameerthefear
is that u in ur avatar OP?

Jameer going for the kill.
stalkerforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 04:09 PM   #37
sd3035
Impartial NBA analyst
 
sd3035's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 6,918
Default Re: Lack of Female Refs

We don't need emotionally unstable broads menstruating all over the court or being incredibly biased because some guy's "cute"
sd3035 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 04:10 PM   #38
warriorfan
The Bully
 
warriorfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 18,294
Default Re: Lack of Female Refs

Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%Vectors!@#
This isn't something that can be backed up statistically because I doubt the NBA would release the number of applicants they have. But Even so when it comes down to it, it does not have to be based on numbers. You can do it by percentage of Women hired that are equally qualified as much as their male counterparts then scale that number to match the huge discrepancy of the ratio of M:F applicants.

I was talking in terms of total percentages the entire time.

I'm willing to bet that there are at least 99 more qualified male applicants to every female applicant.

There is no NBA conspiracy to keep women referees out of the game.

There are just a lot more qualified men referees in comparison to women.
warriorfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 04:17 PM   #39
!@#$%Vectors!@#
Nanimosuruna, Kizaru
 
!@#$%Vectors!@#'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Kizaru-Oops,you're Ben Beckman
Posts: 2,773
Default Re: Lack of Female Refs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jameerthefear
is that u in ur avatar OP?
I would think so.
!@#$%Vectors!@# is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 04:18 PM   #40
!@#$%Vectors!@#
Nanimosuruna, Kizaru
 
!@#$%Vectors!@#'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Kizaru-Oops,you're Ben Beckman
Posts: 2,773
Default Re: Lack of Female Refs

Quote:
Originally Posted by sd3035
We don't need emotionally unstable broads menstruating all over the court or being incredibly biased because some guy's "cute"


Men are as emotionally unstable as women. Men Do crazy things because their egos were hurt... So your argument is simply farfetched and unoriginal.
!@#$%Vectors!@# is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 04:23 PM   #41
Jameerthefear
Paid shill
 
Jameerthefear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Swimming in cash
Posts: 38,601
Default Re: Lack of Female Refs

Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%Vectors!@#
I would think so.
Proof?
Jameerthefear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 04:24 PM   #42
bluechox2
#knickstape
 
bluechox2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NYC
Posts: 10,944
Default Re: Lack of Female Refs

players cant slap her ass, or its sexual harrasement
bluechox2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 04:26 PM   #43
!@#$%Vectors!@#
Nanimosuruna, Kizaru
 
!@#$%Vectors!@#'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Kizaru-Oops,you're Ben Beckman
Posts: 2,773
Default Re: Lack of Female Refs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jameerthefear
Proof?

I'll send va jay jay pics dont worry.
!@#$%Vectors!@# is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 04:28 PM   #44
warriorfan
The Bully
 
warriorfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 18,294
Default Re: Lack of Female Refs

One last thing, average age of an NBA ref is 46. In maybe 20 or so years I can see a lot more Women Refs. In today's society there are far less bounderies for women and they are even getting encouraged to participate in everything. For the girls growing up in this environment today there will be many more girls not only interested in sports, but seeing it as a realistic career opportunity instead of being "something for the guys". The whole progressive gender equality movement is going to take some time to get fully off the ground however. Rome was not built in a day.

In the 1970's when most of the NBA referee's were born. A woman being an NBA referee wasn't exactly a realistic goal for women to pursue as opposed to it being a concrete reality for men. This is one of the largest reasons why I was saying there are so many more qualified men applying for NBA officiating jobs instead of Women. When the girls of this generation start growing up there will be a lot more Women who have a different outlook on what or what not are realistic goals leading to more Women who seriously pursue the job as an NBA Official from an early age.
warriorfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 04:29 PM   #45
!@#$%Vectors!@#
Nanimosuruna, Kizaru
 
!@#$%Vectors!@#'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Kizaru-Oops,you're Ben Beckman
Posts: 2,773
Default Re: Lack of Female Refs

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorfan
One last thing, average age of an NBA ref is 46. In maybe 20 or so years I can see a lot more Women Refs. In today's society there are far less bounderies for women and they are even getting encouraged to participate in everything. For the girls growing up in this environment today there will be many more girls not only interested in sports, but seeing it as a realistic career opportunity instead of being "something for the guys". The whole progressive gender equality movement is going to take some time to get fully off the ground however. Rome was not built in a day.

In the 1970's when most of the NBA referee's were born. A woman being an NBA referee wasn't exactly a realistic goal for women to pursue as opposed to it being a concrete reality for men. This is one of the largest reasons why I was saying there are so many more qualified men applying for NBA officiating jobs instead of Women. When the girls of this generation start growing up there will be a lot more Women who have a different outlook on what or what not are realistic goals leading to more Women who seriously pursue the job as an NBA Official from an early age.


Great Logic and makes sense.!
!@#$%Vectors!@# is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:29 PM.




NBA BASKETBALL FORUM KEY LINKS:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
Search Site

FOLLOW US
Twitter
Facebook
















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy