Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 04-27-2007, 01:12 PM   #1
Liberalo
Banned

Liberalo has an OK reputation so far
Default No tri...we're bad at it according to Tex.

From another board

Quote:
Last night Doug was commenting how we dont always run the tri.
He said tex said the lakers arent good enough to run it the whole game and said if Kobe can get us to the 4the quarter by doing whatever, thats what needs to be done. He said we can run it in small spurts and that late in games is when we should focus on it. Says we dont have the players to be effective with it

BTW- Looks like we replaced the tri with the high screen and roll anyway

What do you think about this?

Last edited by Liberalo : 04-27-2007 at 01:19 PM.
Liberalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 02:11 PM   #2
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: No tri...we're bad at it according to Tex.

i don't take many things collins says seriously... last night he also said smush was in the line up for his defensive presense...lol
collins does not strike me as a man who does his homework...
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 02:38 PM   #3
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by gts
i don't take many things collins says seriously... last night he also said smush was in the line up for his defensive presense...lol
collins does not strike me as a man who does his homework...

Collins was right on the dot actually because me and my neighbor noticed during stretches of the 3rd and fourth quarter, that it was more screen n rolls. We played much better than the triangle as we aren't comfortable with it.

Also he's right about Smush as smush wasn't looking to score and he came in and played pressure defense for the first time.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 03:06 PM   #4
Liberalo
Banned

Liberalo has an OK reputation so far

Umm, Smush's defense last night was pretty good and he was there for defense however, let's not turn this topic into other direction.

They did run a lot of screen and roll and that's what perhaps won them the game in the end.

Collins is right on the money with what he said. And besides, he didn't say it.
He just reported what Tex said and this should come as no suprise, Tex has said many times that this isn't a team built to run the triangle.

Anyway, ditto what Lakerfreak said. Dead on IMO.
Liberalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 05:05 PM   #5
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
Collins was right on the dot actually because me and my neighbor noticed during stretches of the 3rd and fourth quarter, that it was more screen n rolls. We played much better than the triangle as we aren't comfortable with it.

Also he's right about Smush as smush wasn't looking to score and he came in and played pressure defense for the first time.

you need to understand that the triangle is not a set play or even a group of plays, it is a formation to spread the defense and set up mismatches, from the triangle you can run pick and roll pick and pop three pointers from an open man pass the ball into the paint or whatever you want to do, so just because you see the team use the pick and roll does not mean they abandoned the triangle...

as for smush and his defense ya right ok... you guys just keep hanging your hat on him and there won't be a game 5...
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 05:09 PM   #6
magicmanfan
Local High School Star

magicmanfan is a pretty well-respected postermagicmanfan is a pretty well-respected postermagicmanfan is a pretty well-respected poster

We don't have a good passing big man down low....Lamar doesn't
play in the post enough as I think he could do this....

Last year vs. PHX we did run the triangle well at times....but
this year it breaks down when it goes inside... some times at
least.
magicmanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 10:00 PM   #7
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by gts
you need to understand that the triangle is not a set play or even a group of plays, it is a formation to spread the defense and set up mismatches, from the triangle you can run pick and roll pick and pop three pointers from an open man pass the ball into the paint or whatever you want to do, so just because you see the team use the pick and roll does not mean they abandoned the triangle...

as for smush and his defense ya right ok... you guys just keep hanging your hat on him and there won't be a game 5...

I understand what the offense is. You don't need plays if you run it.

All I said was we didn't run it. It's true, there wasn't much movement like there usually is.

I was saying a matter of fact about the smush thing I didnt say I was hanging my hat on him. I'm not gonna lie if he played good freak defense.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: