Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 04-27-2007, 06:53 PM   #16
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterL.Kizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterL.Kizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterL.Kizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterL.Kizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterL.Kizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterL.Kizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterL.Kizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Tips after getting food ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpcslj47
This thread reeks of ignorance. You all are probably kids though that think it's wrong to tip and just don't understand that if they didn't get tips there would be no waiters because they wouldnt make enough money to live on so no one would take the jobs. But you're just dumb kids so i won't hold it against ya.
Not a kid, but whats the reason for tippig just people who serve you food.

I mean, why stop there, lets tip the plumber for getting to toilet stopped up or how about the dentist for cleanning our teeth. Do we Tip the cable guy for hooking up the Dish or the garbage man for picking up (OUR) nasty trash.
L.Kizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 07:06 PM   #17
tpcslj47
Kids at the park dunk on me

tpcslj47 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Kizzle

I mean, why stop there, lets tip the plumber for getting to toilet stopped up or how about the dentist for cleanning our teeth. Do we Tip the cable guy for hooking up the Dish or the garbage man for picking up (OUR) nasty trash.

Then stop acting like a kid. You keep making the same empty point. I will explain this once to you and if you can't comprehend it then too bad for you, because this is how society functions.

First, waiters/waitresses make below minimum wage because their employers and the government understand the large majority of their income is from tips. If they didn't receive tips from decent human beings (those unlike you), 1 of 3 things would happen.

1. There would be no waiters/waitresses because no one would be willing to work the job for the $2.15 per hour they are paid not including tips.

2. The employers would have to raise their pay to an amount that would on average equal the amount they would otherwise make with tips, and tipping would be no more. In order to afford these pay increases, the price of food would increase by a proportional amount, therefore costing the consumer the same amount as if they were tipping, but now without the tips.

3. We hire illegal immigrants as they would probably be the only ones willing to work for $2.15 per hour as our waiters/waitresses, and accept whatever quality of service they can provide.

Now try to actually process that information and understand it, not just ramble on about how we dont tip the mailman, and the guy who changes your oil, and the guy who collects your trash every week. It's easy to try to make your side seem right when you use unfair comparisons, and frankly when that is someone's method of argument it becomes very clear they just don't know how to argue or have no valid points.

This is just how the service industry works. Yeah it's rare and why it originally got started like that? Who knows, but it doesn't really matter. So be a decent contributor to society and tip your damn servers.
tpcslj47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 07:12 PM   #18
FashionIssues
Smooth Operator

FashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

at anyone who believes there are people who make less than the minimum wage. it is against the law by all means
FashionIssues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 07:14 PM   #19
tpcslj47
Kids at the park dunk on me

tpcslj47 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by FashionIssues
at anyone who believes people make than the minimum wage. it is against the law by all means

No, it isn't when the job is subsidized largely by tips. I live in Vegas and know many poker dealers and it is the same for them. They make under $3 per hour because they make all their money from tips. Please, please, please, know what you are talking about before you start talking. You will make other people who don't know about this topic as dumb as you are.
tpcslj47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 07:34 PM   #20
Howard5Dirk41
Banned

Howard5Dirk41 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
at anyone who believes there are people who make less than the minimum wage. it is against the law by all means

wow, you just made yourself look really ignorant

Anyways, i just double the tax, thats 16.5 percent in Texas.
Howard5Dirk41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 07:38 PM   #21
-primetime-

YOU ARE ALL WRONG

the reason the majority of a waiters money comes from tips is to keep them working hard to please you...if they made a steady salary there would be no reason for them to bust ass becaue they are going to make the same amount no matter what...the tip system is great because they have to work hard and if they don't then they don't get paid...simple as that...

now what really pisses me off is when I get a beer at the bar and have to tip the bartender a dollar just for opening the beer for me...
Old 04-27-2007, 07:45 PM   #22
Randy
NBA sixth man of the year

Randy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Kizzle

Why do you think you pay a dentist so much? Or installation fees when the cable guy comes? Go to Country Buffet then you cheap piece of sh*t. You people are f*cking pathetic.

Quote:
I tip at Hooters and other hot waitresses cuz then they will like me. I bet they were really flirting with me, and only faking it with those douche bags to get a big tip. DERP!!

Good one retards, these people are working for $3 dollars an hour. If you don't tip, stay home and eat cereal.

Last edited by Randy : 04-27-2007 at 07:47 PM.
Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 07:50 PM   #23
Randy
NBA sixth man of the year

Randy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

ROFL LOL LMAO What morons huh??? You sure showed them!!! lol

Quote:
While the minimum wage is set at $5.15, it is recognized that the server minimum wage is not exactly that high on paper. When it comes to the server minimum wage, each state has its own wage set. That wage is generally just over $2.00, but rarely much more. This minimum wage serves as a very base salary for servers who are on the clock serving tables.

Wow, that took me all of 10 seconds to find on Google.
Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 08:46 PM   #24
Ballastic
<////////////}~

Ballastic has an OK reputation so far

Has anyone ever seen a movie called "Waiting". If not, it should explain everything about tipping at a restaurant.
Ballastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 09:23 PM   #25
Rebel INS
I hit open 5-footers

Rebel INS has decent reputation

why do you try to keep comparing waiting to other jobs. why don't you go compare your job to the trashman's job (i'm working less hard yet i get paid more?!?!). you are paying for their service to accomodate your needs. They make you as comofortable and do everything that you ask, the least you can do is tip them. Would you feel like going the extra-mile knowing you weren't going to get anything extra? just some things to think about.
Rebel INS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 09:38 PM   #26
ConanRulesNBC
Very good NBA starter

ConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this board

I thought you were asking for tips on what you should do after you get food... I was going to say "eat it?"
ConanRulesNBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 09:39 PM   #27
Howard5Dirk41
Banned

Howard5Dirk41 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConanRulesNBC
I thought you were asking for tips on what you should do after you get food... I was going to say "eat it?"

:
Howard5Dirk41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 09:50 PM   #28
FashionIssues
Smooth Operator

FashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

you little punk kids need to grow up. it is against the law to get paid less than the state's minimum wage.
FashionIssues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 09:55 PM   #29
telephone
Banned

telephone has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
you little punk kids need to grow up. it is against the law to get paid less than the state's minimum wage.

You are an idiot man. Servers make less than minimum wage. It is a known fact.

Quote:
Question: Is it legal for waiters and waitresses to be paid below the minimum wage?

Answer: An employer may credit a portion of a tipped employee's tips against the federal minimum wage of $5.15 per hour. An employer must pay at least $2.13 per hour. However, if an employee's tips combined with the employer's wage of $2.13 per hour do not equal the hourly minimum wage, the employer is required to make up the difference.

http://www.dol.gov/wb/faq26.htm

It is from the DEPARTMENT OF LABOR so you know its right.

Last edited by telephone : 04-27-2007 at 10:01 PM.
telephone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 10:03 PM   #30
DatZNasty
NBA rookie of the year

DatZNasty is considered somewhat coolDatZNasty is considered somewhat coolDatZNasty is considered somewhat cool

I don't always tip. They like to make you feel like they're entitled to it and not even go to the regular amount (like refilling my drink when they notice it's empty, bringing straws, rolls, etc.) of courtesy to please and expect 15%, sometimes even automatically charging it on the bill. Damn that! Like at Olive Garden, all she literally did was take our orders and write them down, took it to the window where the cook was to make them, bought it out when ready, took my drink order and dropped it off, handed me the receipt. My food and drink came out to like 35 and I'm supposed to give her an extra 5.25 because of that? Damn that, she wasn't even nice or pretty. She got a 1$ and should be happy she got even that much.

And yes they make less than normal minimum wage but whos fault is that?
DatZNasty is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: