Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 04-27-2007, 10:07 PM   #31
Randy
NBA sixth man of the year

Randy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Tips after getting food ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FashionIssues
you little punk kids need to grow up. it is against the law to get paid less than the state's minimum wage.

So after 3 people tell you different, you come back and try again? Nice move, you really showed all these little punk kids! You're an idiot.
Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 10:15 PM   #32
DatZNasty
NBA rookie of the year

DatZNasty is considered somewhat coolDatZNasty is considered somewhat coolDatZNasty is considered somewhat cool

Fashion, it's a seperate minimum wage school for food service/tip based jobs.

http://www.dol.gov/esa/programs/whd/state/tipped.htm
DatZNasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 10:16 PM   #33
Randy

Randy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatZNasty
I don't always tip. They like to make you feel like they're entitled to it and not even go to the regular amount (like refilling my drink when they notice it's empty, bringing straws, rolls, etc.) of courtesy to please and expect 15%, sometimes even automatically charging it on the bill. Damn that! Like at Olive Garden, all she literally did was take our orders and write them down, took it to the window where the cook was to make them, bought it out when ready, took my drink order and dropped it off, handed me the receipt. My food and drink came out to like 35 and I'm supposed to give her an extra 5.25 because of that? Damn that, she wasn't even nice or pretty. She got a 1$ and should be happy she got even that much.

And yes they make less than normal minimum wage but whos fault is that?

Poor service is not deserving of a large tip. I always toss in a few extra bucks because it goes to the hostess, bus boy, and sometimes the cooks as well.

They know poor service is equal to a low tip, so it's sort shooting yourself in the foot to do the bare minimum for your guests. The retards on here however don't see the point in tipping unless the waitress is "hot", becasue apparently that takes priority over quality of service.
Old 04-27-2007, 10:44 PM   #34
FashionIssues
Smooth Operator

FashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I eat my words guys.. my bad that's so wrong... then start tipping cheapos!
FashionIssues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 11:20 PM   #35
Ballastic
<////////////}~

Ballastic has an OK reputation so far

Did yall know that the carhoppers at Sonic get paid like waitresses?
Ballastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 02:11 PM   #36
different107
National High School Star

different107 has decent reputation

They make some good money off those tips. I have freinds who pull in a 100 bucks a night. It's crazy.
different107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 09:16 AM   #37
ALBballer
Religion? LOL? WTF?

ALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation here

I used to be a waiter so I kinda know how it felt to get a bad tip.

Look if you don't want to tip, then don't go to restaurants with waiters it's as easy as that. Go to Burger King or Taco Bell where they give you the food and that's it. But if you want the server to take your order, bring you the food and practically "serve" you, then tip.

I remember when these guys brought in my Plasma T.V. and they came like 5 hours early, so we didn't move the old t.v. stand, and the 2 guys offer to bring it outside for us. And these were two grown men carrying something that two teenagers could easily carry and afterwards they ****ing asked for gratuity. Funny part is my dad's English wasn't so good so when he stuck out his hand my dad just gave him a high five. The look on the guy's face was priceless.
ALBballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 09:52 AM   #38
Voice of Reason
Local High School Star

Voice of Reason has not been impressing people

Problem with tipping is the fact resturant overcharge for thier food. Not to mention adding tax ontop of the overpriced food. Then you have to accomodate the person who served you. So at the end of the night you're paying a lot of money. If you got the money, you enjoy the food/atmosphere and also how you were served then I guess the total cost isnt of an issue. Only thing that matters is how you felt during your night out. Eh
Voice of Reason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 11:25 AM   #39
Ballastic
<////////////}~

Ballastic has an OK reputation so far

Tips is an acronym - To insure prompt service.

Watch this movie if you dont believe in tipping, or if you want to see a funny ass movie.

Ballastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 11:35 AM   #40
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

geeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation here

tips are considered part of their income. restaurants pay them less because tips are a given. this way, some of their income depends on job performance, and also it can't be taxed (I think).

basically their salaries pay the bills but they actually live on mostly tips.
geeWiz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 11:40 AM   #41
Voice of Reason
Local High School Star

Voice of Reason has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeWiz15
tips are considered part of their income. restaurants pay them less because tips are a given. this way, some of their income depends on job performance, and also it can't be taxed (I think).

basically their salaries pay the bills but they actually live on mostly tips.

Resturants pay them less and hike up food prices. You left that out. While the whole idea of paying tips, how much, poor waiter depends on tip (not saying they dont, they do) often overshadows how resturants get over.
Voice of Reason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 01:43 PM   #42
Zan Tabak
Only the finest

Zan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation here

How come we don't tip McDonald's workers?..they work just as hard ..if not harder to get us our food..
Zan Tabak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 02:21 PM   #43
Randy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zan Tabak
How come we don't tip McDonald's workers?..they work just as hard ..if not harder to get us our food..

No they don't you idiot. You order, pay 5$ and your empty cup and turd sandwich are given to you two minutes later.

There is a thing called atmosphere at restaurants that does not apply to McDonald's: people usually go out to eat with the intention of sitting down, having a good time, eating good food, and being served. None of which happens at McD's. They throw your 2 month old reheated "meat" patty on a stale bun with un-melted cheese and give it to you. Yum.

Last edited by Randy : 04-29-2007 at 02:24 PM.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: