Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Milwaukee Bucks Forum

Milwaukee Bucks Forum Milwaukee Bucks forum - Milwaukee Bucks message board

Old 07-03-2006, 08:59 PM   #1
adamcz
Bucks fan

adamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cool
Default Mo Williams is ready to be "the man"

-----------------

Homer: Mo, when the Bucks made the trade, do they call you up and say you’re the guy?

Mo: No not a call right away...…you kind of understand that (your the guy)….I’ve talked briefly with Larry yesterday….told me “you’re the man” told me things he wants me to work on next year…..Their actions showed they believed in me….I’m excited….

Homer: "Did you have ANY idea?

Mo: No...no....(trade) definitely surprised me.....I was in rumors...my name came up in a lot of that. ......I was just waiting for something to happen.....we knew Magloire was rumored to go everywhere.....it was who was going to be with him...could have been anybody going out with Magloire......assumed it could be "ME" with Jamaal more than anybody....

We have a lot of PG's....needed to trade someone to fill that void to spread the defense.....

Mo: a player performs better when you feel like people are behind them.....but realize I could have been the one traded......

Homer: Desmond traded...snake in the grass.....

Mo: I'd never say something like that (like Desmond).....it's a business.....T-Mac got traded, didn't he? Anybody can get traded. You can't say as a player "there's no way this will happen...."

Wouldn't mind spend the rest of my career here in Milwaukee, but realize someday I could be traded....I wouldn't be mad at the organization or something like that.....

Me and TJ are the same age...have the same goals.....last year both of us wanted to be "That guy" running the team....very difficult for the coaching staff.....also had to fit in Charlie Bell......I knew something HAD to happen (logjam at PG).

I kinda almost cried when it happened because I never heard TJ's name.....it's a humbling experience.....makes you feel like everything you do...you do it the right way...you play hard...you respect everybody.....good things will come to you....I went through the storm....this opportunity is great for me....I won't let Milwaukee down....

Homer: What did Larry want you to work on?

Mo: To become more of a vocal leader.....hard to do that "off the bench" I have to be on the floor.....guy on the court won't listen to a guy off the bench.....I wasn't a two guard...but I adapted to that role....if you want me to score, I'll score.....next year I have to have total PG mentality....lf I average 8ppg next year and we go to the finals, I've done my job.

Homer: Larry talked about lack of leadership on team last year....(edit-not sure I heard this comment right)

Mo: Larry was correct. I'm following the right path.....stars aren't leaders....leaders can be someone averaging 3ppg....Eric Snow is a leader.....but He's a LEADER.

We don't need me to average 20 next year....we can average what I averaged this year and get more wins.....

Homer: Leadership hard to define...what will people see differently.

Mo: "Example: Go hard everyday....can't tell people stuff like that if YOU aren't going hard every day.....you aren't given a leadership role.....

Homer: what about CV?

Mo: He scored what...50 on us....That game he showed me everything he had...that's a lot from a rookie...I'm excited....he's still young.....20 years old???

Homer: what about Bogut?:

Mo: Bogut can take a leadership role.....doesn't matter your age....Bogut knows the game....he has leadership qualities...he can become a leader.....

Homer: new team colors...?

Mo: I love the change......

Last edited by insidehoops : 01-24-2007 at 01:50 PM.
adamcz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 09:03 PM   #2
Jerm
I'm trying to improve myself. I'm the new, better Jerm

Jerm has an OK reputation so far

I've always liked Mo ahead of Ford and couldn't understand why he wasn't starting. He can distribute the ball and shoot extremely well and doesn't run around dribbling the ball, pass it to Redd, Redd passes back to him and he throws up a brick like Ford does. Atleast that's what I saw when I watched Buck's games.
Jerm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 10:33 PM   #3
adamcz
Bucks fan

adamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cool

Mo and Ford were roughly equal as players, but I always prefered TJ due to him being a better passer and more exciting to watch. Mo is such a better scorer though, that the defense has to play him honestly and perhaps the overall effect of him being on the floor is better for the team - tough to say. This interview makes me more confident with him running the show.
Old 07-03-2006, 10:39 PM   #4
kwajo
Missing Since 2009

kwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation here

I still prefer Charlie Bell, but at least now I'll be able to see him get more minutes, which is good. I'll follow the Bucks even more this year now that they have Villa, I had them as my 2nd favorite East team last year (I hate all the rest of them) and it doesn't look like my preferences will change this season.
kwajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 10:41 PM   #5
adamcz
Bucks fan

I don't see Charlie as a full-time starter, but I do love him off the bench. He's the team's best defender (though hopefully we can bring in some other good ones) and you can trust him to make smart decisions. I think ideally he'll be playing around 20 minutes.
Old 07-03-2006, 10:43 PM   #6
kwajo
Missing Since 2009

kwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation here

I agree, his defense is probably the best on the Bucks, and 20 minutes seems like a good number for him.
I'm hoping for a better showing from Bobby Simmons this season, not that he was bad, but I think he can do better, be more of a difference maker. Bogut excites me too, he and Villa are both excellent passers, if you had a coach worth his mettle, you could run the ball through either one for a really unique offense
kwajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 10:45 PM   #7
Bosh4life
Local High School Star

Bosh4life has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
I don't see Charlie as a full-time starter, but I do love him off the bench. He's the team's best defender

Haha, i read over that a bunch of times until i realized you were not talking about villnuava, man i was rattled for a while
Bosh4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 10:45 PM   #8
chopchop20
National High School Star

chopchop20 has decent reputation

Way to go Mo... Roll Tide!!!!!
chopchop20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 10:59 PM   #9
adamcz
Bucks fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosh4life
Haha, i read over that a bunch of times until i realized you were not talking about villnuava, man i was rattled for a while
I'll do my best to refer to them by their last names now.
Old 07-03-2006, 11:14 PM   #10
GoRapz
Fire Dwane Casey

GoRapz has decent reputation

man, anyone got an audio of this? mo williams is taking mad breaks after every statement. Sounds like he just got back from running or something.
GoRapz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 12:20 AM   #11
NBAfan32
High school junior varsity star

NBAfan32 has an OK reputation so far

Im a big Mo Williams fan. The guy can play and i thought he was a great energy guy off the bench. Guess we'd have to wait and see how he responds and filling in the starting role.
NBAfan32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 12:24 AM   #12
Darius
Good college starter

Darius is considered somewhat coolDarius is considered somewhat coolDarius is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
I'm hoping for a better showing from Bobby Simmons this season, not that he was bad, but I think he can do better, be more of a difference maker.

Sadly he can't really do better.

Bobby is only a mid range shooter... he doesn't have much else to his game. The idea that he was a good defender was largely a myth... probably abetted by the backline of Kaman and Brand.

I love Bobby, he was a great guy when he was with the Clippers... but from watching every game he played in I could have told Larry Harris that.
Darius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 12:28 AM   #13
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

Chamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosh4life

Exact same, actually didn't realize it untill this post.. I was like.. "Villaneuva 20mpg? wtf?"
Almost lost my mind.
Chamberlain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 12:28 AM   #14
incxpinoy
Kids at the park dunk on me

incxpinoy has an OK reputation so far

How many minutes per game will Bell average this season?
incxpinoy is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: