Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Indiana Pacers Forum

Indiana Pacers Forum Indiana Pacers message board - pacers fan forum

Old 07-03-2006, 09:48 PM   #16
Kingwillball
3-time NBA All-Star

Kingwillball posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryKingwillball posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackVVaves
Bulls would beat the Cavs and Nets in the playoffs.

Basically, they will have to ((once again)) go through the Heat.

The Bulls are still behind the Nets, Cavs and Heat next year.
Kingwillball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 09:53 PM   #17
hawkfan
Jeff Teague Fan

hawkfan is starting to rub some people the wrong way

The Pistons still have McDyess and Davis at center, plus Cato is a free agent who can be resigned.
hawkfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 09:55 PM   #18
JohnnyCakesKilla
I airball my layups

JohnnyCakesKilla has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingwillball
Pistons are now no better than the 5th or 6th best team in the East. The Heat, Nets,Cavs, Bulls and maybe Wizards will all be better.

Sorry but Ben Wallace is not that much of a difference maker.
JohnnyCakesKilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 09:55 PM   #19
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool
Default re:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingwillball
The Bulls are still behind the Nets, Cavs and Heat next year.

agree with Kingwillball

Nets are still a better team than the Bulls.

ask the champs Miami Heat, they said they hated to play the Nets perimeter players and the only reason they won was because Riley set up the drugs in Cliff's bag to deplete the already nonexistent bench with Brick Vaughn...

but they hate playing the starters... and so do the Bulls
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 09:57 PM   #20
JohnnyCakesKilla
I airball my layups

JohnnyCakesKilla has an OK reputation so far

The Pistons could make a trade for Danny Fortson and loss absolutely nothing in the win column
JohnnyCakesKilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 10:06 PM   #21
JinTheWindMaster
Banned

JinTheWindMaster has not been impressing people

Quote:

No they're not.

Quote:
ask the champs Miami Heat, they said they hated to play the Nets perimeter players and the only reason they won was because Riley set up the drugs in Cliff's bag to deplete the already nonexistent bench with Brick Vaughn...

That's why they only won 1 game? And the bulls 2 against the Heat? Get the hell out of here man......

Last edited by JinTheWindMaster : 07-03-2006 at 10:14 PM.
JinTheWindMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 10:09 PM   #22
kwajo
Missing Since 2009

kwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation here

yeah I don't think the Nets will top the Bulls next season. The Nets win the starting lineup battle, but the Bulls are much deeper as far as I'm concerned, even with the addition of Marcus and Boone
kwajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 10:10 PM   #23
BlackVVaves
NBA lottery pick

BlackVVaves is a pretty well-respected posterBlackVVaves is a pretty well-respected posterBlackVVaves is a pretty well-respected posterBlackVVaves is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCDrivesAPorscheToWork

Bulls, whether they trade Chandler for DEPTH, trade for a SUPERSTAR in KG, or stay with their same DEFENSIVE POWERHOUSE team, will be able to beat the Nets.

The Bulls are deeper than the Nets. They will outlast them in a playoff series. And, T=the Nets will have a hard time scoring.

If this is their lineup:

Ben/Chandler
TT/Mike Sweetney
Nocioni/Deng
Gordon/Europe dude
Hinrich/Duhon

that will beat the Nets and Cavs. I am sorry. That is the definition of a complete team.
BlackVVaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 10:11 PM   #24
boshraptor4life
Good High School Starter

boshraptor4life has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkfan
The Pistons still have McDyess and Davis at center, plus Cato is a free agent who can be resigned.

They're all old, adn way past their primes. They're screwed, Hunter's leaving too. It's over dawg.
boshraptor4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 10:12 PM   #25
Block Party
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Block Party has an OK reputation so far

Wow. The Pistons are now much much much less intimidating... Way to lose the heart and soul of your team.
Block Party is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 10:12 PM   #26
boshraptor4life
Good High School Starter

By the way, who in the Nets front court could handle Big Ben?
Old 07-03-2006, 10:12 PM   #27
boshraptor4life
Good High School Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Block Party
Wow. The Pistons are now much much much less intimidating... Way to lose the heart and soul of your team.
Agreed.
Old 07-03-2006, 10:14 PM   #28
BlackVVaves
NBA lottery pick

BlackVVaves is a pretty well-respected posterBlackVVaves is a pretty well-respected posterBlackVVaves is a pretty well-respected posterBlackVVaves is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
could handle Big Ben?

Dont get ahead of yourself. By no means will teams have a problem holding down Ben to single digits in the point per column. Its who will be able to score on Ben that should be asked.
BlackVVaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 10:27 PM   #29
scipio
I hit open 5-footers

scipio has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Bulls, whether they trade Chandler for DEPTH, trade for a SUPERSTAR in KG, or stay with their same DEFENSIVE POWERHOUSE team, will be able to beat the Nets.

The Bulls are deeper than the Nets. They will outlast them in a playoff series. And, T=the Nets will have a hard time scoring.

If this is their lineup:

Ben/Chandler
TT/Mike Sweetney
Nocioni/Deng
Gordon/Europe dude
Hinrich/Duhon

that will beat the Nets and Cavs. I am sorry. That is the definition of a complete team.

That Bulls team is not, in my opinion, clearly better than the Nets, Pistons, and especially the Cavs. It has good players, depth, and defense, but it's not as complete as some seem to believe. The frontcourt is more or less devoid of offense. I don't think Tyrus Thomas will start right away, either. The Bulls will rely on Hinrich, Gordon, Nocioni, and Deng for offense, and only Gordon and Hinrich can be counted on to produce every time on offense. This past playoffs, it was not their lack of defense that did them in, rather it was their offense. That hasn't changed, and the current style of officiating favors offense.

The Cavs have the backcourt to go up against the Bulls (provided Hughes is healthy), and their big guys should be decent at least. They'll be deep as well, and I think Lebron gives them the edge. The Pistons and Nets will both have a significantly better 1-3 than the Bulls, and each has a good player in the frontcourt. These teams both have depth problems, but I think the overwhelming talent advantage at the guard positions is enough to at least make them equal if not superior to the Bulls at this time.
scipio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 10:35 PM   #30
hotsizzle
Superstar

hotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation here

Detroit is still a contender
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: