Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 04-28-2007, 09:18 PM   #16
different107
National High School Star

different107 has decent reputation
Default Re: does anyone here play guitar?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy
I also have a Squire, but I upgraded last summer to a Schecter C-1 Plus (below) and the difference is amamzing. Schecters are the by far the most bang for the buck, she's a $1,110 guitar for $700. I also have an Epiphone acoustic.

I love your avatar by the way, I have that CD, Appetite for Destruction, and the Double Live discs. I love GNR and rock a Guns shirt at least 3 times a week. My favorite band to play is AC/DC, my whole body moves with beat when I play them for some reason. I know probably 20 of their songs and since their so popular, everyone at parties love to hear me play them.

Who is your guys' favorite players? Mine are Randy Rhoads(obviously), Dimebag Darrell, Slash, Angus Young, Eddie Van Halen, and Jimi.

Thats an AMAZING guitar. I played one before and was in awe.
different107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 11:25 PM   #17
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Started a 10 yr old rock/metalhead (Metallica, Zep, blues, etc)
Blown away and converted into a Duane Allman worshiper,
mostly play acoustic (bluegrass, country, world) and now more electric again (world/reggae/rock band). Love Buckethead, not a huge shred fan (although vai was great with Zappa, and it has its place). Check out Bill Frissell. Jazz guy who is has great tonal variation. Also Charlie Hunter (8 string- 3 bass, 5 guit). Tony Rice for the bluegrass!.

Play a Peavey T-60 (70's guitar, very versatile - lots of interesting electronic innovation [url="http://www.peaveyt60.com/index.html"]http://www.peaveyt60.com/index.

alvarez acoustic (old reagent- always been great for me) and a Weber A-style Mandolin

Great handmade instrument, sounds beautiful

Oh yeah, Im pretty solid. Have a good grasp of fundamentals (chords, triads, chord coloring) and strong rhythm. Could use a quicker right hand (can't do buckethead or Tony Rice) and an alright soloist but not too flashy (I'm still best with the minor pentatonic blues scale after all these years )
I guess that sums up how serious I dont take it. Still its fun, and I love to play and sing for myself or others.

Oh Yeah, Can;t forget the Old school Ibanez Tube Screamer, Peavey bandit (w/ Sheffield speaker) and SWR Workingmans 12 (great bass amp that is very solid for acoustics and others)

Last edited by boozehound : 04-29-2007 at 12:18 AM.
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 12:00 AM   #18
ConanRulesNBC
Very good NBA starter

ConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
Mine are Randy Rhoads(obviously), Dimebag Darrell, Slash, Angus Young, Eddie Van Halen, and Jimi.

Dimebag was freaking great. I got to see Pantera with Slayer during the Extreme Steel Tour and they rocked. Slash is amazing as well. I did get to see Guns N' Roses back in 2002 when Buckethead was in the band and he's a great guitarist.

My favorites are Dimebag, Kirk Hammett, Eddie Van Halen, Slash, Zakk Wylde, Jerry Cantrell.
ConanRulesNBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 12:15 AM   #19
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConanRulesNBC
Dimebag was freaking great. I got to see Pantera with Slayer during the Extreme Steel Tour and they rocked. Slash is amazing as well. I did get to see Guns N' Roses back in 2002 when Buckethead was in the band and he's a great guitarist.

My favorites are Dimebag, Kirk Hammett, Eddie Van Halen, Slash, Zakk Wylde, Jerry Cantrell.
love Wylde, esp. Pride and Glory
Old 04-29-2007, 02:38 AM   #20
Randy
NBA sixth man of the year

Randy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConanRulesNBC

Who is in your avatar Conan?

Unfortunately I was too young to fully appreciate Dimebag while he was still alive, and listening to him, Randy Rhoads, Jimi, Stevie Ray Vaughan (accidentally left him off my original list) and Kurt Cobain makes me wish someone would freakin invent a flux capacitor already.

How can you guys not love Randy Rhoads? If not for the unfortunate plane crash, he would be the greatest player ever, no doubt in my mind. His solos on Mr. Crowley are out of this world, especially that descending to climbing scale in the first solo . I love his polka dot Flying V, I wish I could get my hands on one, but the real replicas are like $3,000.

Last edited by Randy : 04-29-2007 at 02:40 AM.
Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 06:35 PM   #21
different107

Anyone here ever play one of these? It's a PRS SE-EG

Really well built guitar. Feels sturdy and like it can take some rockin

http://www.aues21.dsl.pipex.com//images/PRSseWhite.jpg

Last edited by different107 : 04-29-2007 at 07:28 PM.
Old 04-29-2007, 06:56 PM   #22
telephone
Banned

telephone has an OK reputation so far

The black on is my ibanez acoustic/electric. It was my first guitar that wasnt rented. It was been through some tough times but I love it and has GREAT sound.

The brownish one is my ibanez SA electric. Got it for 20 dollars. Its a decent guitar. My amp sux though. I really really need to get a decent amp.

My amp is one of those that is more suited for "acoustic/electric" guitars. It has no gain and really no other special effects. Just has a bunch of annoying **** that makes it have weird sounds you never need.

I will post better pics later.

My guitar skill is pretty good. It's is hard to record stuff because playing into a mic doesnt give the best sound when it comes out of the comp. People really complement my playing. I really dont learn a whole lot of songs aside from Oasis, radio head and some others.

I really know all my major, minor, pentatonic and blues scales so i can jam with someone. And whenever i am around friends, I usually just jam out and they love it.

I have been playing for about 3-4 years and have taken lessons since i started playing and has been the best thing for me.

Guitar is no easy task and i figured lessons would be the only way for me to keep at it.
telephone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 06:57 PM   #23
telephone
Banned

different find another pic or just provide the link for us so you dont stretch the thread out. People are too lazy to read stuff past the regular length.

Last edited by telephone : 04-29-2007 at 06:59 PM.
Old 04-29-2007, 07:31 PM   #24
different107

Quote:
Originally Posted by telephone
different find another pic or just provide the link for us so you dont stretch the thread out. People are too lazy to read stuff past the regular length.

I was looking at buying an acoustic electric like the one you have, but I got an ibanez artcore hollobody instead (http://theguitarreview.com/images/af75d.jpg)

Do you really like that acoustic-electric? You mentioned it had a great sound. Anything else?
Old 04-30-2007, 09:14 PM   #25
telephone
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by different107
I was looking at buying an acoustic electric like the one you have, but I got an ibanez artcore hollobody instead (http://theguitarreview.com/images/af75d.jpg)

Do you really like that acoustic-electric? You mentioned it had a great sound. Anything else?

Thats pretty much it. It does have really great sound and that is all that really matters to me.
Old 04-30-2007, 09:24 PM   #26
adamcz
Bucks fan

adamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cool

Boozehound, have you gotten into Lionel Loueke? He's got a pretty unique style - very musical.
adamcz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 09:58 PM   #27
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamcz
Boozehound, have you gotten into Lionel Loueke? He's got a pretty unique style - very musical.
no, not familar with him. Ill check him out.

Check out this cat. Brazilian 10string mando player Hamilton de Hollanda. May not be quite your cup of tea but itll make you shake your booty and your head. Used to be some videos on the web but the myspace page is they best I can find right now.
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=116 100384&MyToken=3c53719e-af8a-4d4a-92ec-9da3b4b1a636
Old 05-01-2007, 11:29 PM   #28
Dizzle-2k7
Go Spurs Go

Dizzle-2k7 is considered somewhat coolDizzle-2k7 is considered somewhat cool

boozehound that pervey you got is a beauty. how much/whered you get it?

this is my baby..

i also got an acoustic, a randall halfstack, and a boss distortion pedal. me and my friend started recording recently and we hope to go studio this summer and lay down atleast 3-5 tracks im hoping. i plan on getting a couple more pedals too. our goal is to create music we love and get signed and tour. i want to support myself without having to depend so much on my parents. i do wanna finish college, but the way our stuff is sounding i have a really good feeling we can get signed to a good indie label.

im pretty much self taught. my dad taught me la bamba when i was about 12 haha. im currently trying to learn music theory to advance my game. i checked out some books from our library here and its goin ok so far. we'll see.

id say my influences are saves the day, the beatles, bon jovi, blink182, roy orbison, elvis, richie valens, at the drive in, from autumn to ashes, dustin kensrue...its really diverse but a good list nonetheless.

Last edited by Dizzle-2k7 : 05-01-2007 at 11:36 PM.
Dizzle-2k7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 11:38 PM   #29
Randy
NBA sixth man of the year

Randy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzle-2k7
i also got an acoustic, a randall halfstack, and a boss distortion pedal. me and my friend started recording recently and we hope to go studio this summer and lay down atleast 3-5 tracks im hoping. i plan on getting a couple more pedals too. our goal is to create music we love and get signed and tour. i want to support myself without having to depend so much on my parents. i do wanna finish college, but the way our stuff is sounding i have a really good feeling we can get signed to a good indie label.

Is that a Gibson or Epiphone Les Paul?

What kind of music do you guys play? Please don't say emo/pop-punk.
Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 11:59 PM   #30
Dizzle-2k7
Go Spurs Go

Dizzle-2k7 is considered somewhat coolDizzle-2k7 is considered somewhat cool

its an epiphone with EMGs

and the stuff we make is not poppy or emo, but it is punk influenced.
Dizzle-2k7 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: