Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 05-02-2007, 12:51 AM   #31
different107
National High School Star

different107 has decent reputation
Default Re: does anyone here play guitar?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzle-2k7
its an epiphone with EMGs

and the stuff we make is not poppy or emo, but it is punk influenced.

Thats the way

What punk bands influenced you? You mentioned blink, anyone else?
different107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 01:26 AM   #32
Dizzle-2k7
Go Spurs Go

Dizzle-2k7 is considered somewhat coolDizzle-2k7 is considered somewhat cool

nofx, alkaline trio, lifetime, mxpx, old school ataris.... i grew up on punkish stuff but lately ive been getting into old school stuff like jimi and the beatles, and alot of newer heavy stuff like ptw, underoath, etc.... what are you into , different?
Dizzle-2k7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 11:46 AM   #33
different107

Quote:
nofx, alkaline trio, lifetime, mxpx, old school ataris.... i grew up on punkish stuff but lately ive been getting into old school stuff like jimi and the beatles, and alot of newer heavy stuff like ptw, underoath, etc.... what are you into , different?

Mostly punk and rock. The sad thing about punk is that it can get old and repetitive, unless it's Blink 182 or Sum41. Those two bands have never gotten old and boring. I also like stuff like Chevelle, Underoath, Three Days grace, etc. Copeland and Maritime are some other really sweet bands. They are mostly acoustic and softer rock, but they are awesome.
Old 05-02-2007, 11:53 AM   #34
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
boozehound that pervey you got is a beauty. how much/whered you get it?

Bought it in a shop in Ann Arbor MI when I was 16. Paid around 250 for it as I recall. THe T-60 is one of the most underappreciated guitars ever. Made from 78-86 or so. Mines an 81. Very versatile (each pickup is both a humbucker and a single coil) and was revolutionary at the time of its development (cut by machine, assembled by hand - neck cut with the truss bar already in) ALot of the techniques used today. They are still relatively cheap. IF you see one buy it, you wont be disappointed (it weighs about 2x a les paul though ). http://www.peaveyt60.com/index.html

Nice Epi you got there. Hopefully you were influenced by the elder statesmen of Punk at least as much as some of the younger junk out there.

Last edited by boozehound : 05-02-2007 at 11:56 AM.
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 12:03 PM   #35
telephone
Banned

telephone has an OK reputation so far

underoath is so lame. I hate it. It's just a bunch of noise.
telephone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 12:22 PM   #36
Randy
NBA sixth man of the year

Randy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by different107
Mostly punk and rock. The sad thing about punk is that it can get old and repetitive, unless it's Blink 182 or Sum41. Those two bands have never gotten old and boring. I also like stuff like Chevelle, Underoath, Three Days grace, etc. Copeland and Maritime are some other really sweet bands. They are mostly acoustic and softer rock, but they are awesome.

Ugh. Blink 182 and Sum 41 are not punk. At all. They are pop-punk at best. I like Blink 182 but they are far from being a punk band.

The Ramones, The Clash, Dead Kennedys, The Velvet Underground, and the Sex Pistols are punk bands.
Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 09:59 PM   #37
different107

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy
Ugh. Blink 182 and Sum 41 are not punk. At all. They are pop-punk at best. I like Blink 182 but they are far from being a punk band.

The Ramones, The Clash, Dead Kennedys, The Velvet Underground, and the Sex Pistols are punk bands.

Some of their stuff was pop-punk, but most of it was just punk. Not punk like the ones you think are punk, but they are still punk.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: