Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 04-28-2007, 03:53 PM   #1
bigboi_baller
NBA rookie of the year

bigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this board
Default 3 Way Trade?

Quote:
Kings
give:Brad Miller, Mike Bibby, Ron Artest
get: Lamar Odom, Darko Milicic. Turiaf

Lakers
give: Lamar Odom, Ronny Turiaf,
get: Jameer Nelson, Ron Artest

Magic
give: Darko Milicic, Jameer Nelson
get: Mike Bibby, Brad Miller

Kings:
=Get rid of guys with long contracts
=Get rid of a head case
=Can start rebuilding

Lakers:
=Find some more scorers
=Get a defender who can lock down stars
=Get an actual PG

Magic:
=BM fits nicely next to Dwight with his outside shooting
=Bibby>Jameer. Jameer doesn't even fit in well in Orlando

Do the Lakers do it? They have to take a risk in Artest but he's expressed his desire to play with Kobe before and he's a big city guy. Anyone is an upgrade over Smush and Jameer is a nice young player who could be the 3rd scoring option.
bigboi_baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 03:55 PM   #2
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: 3 Way Trade?

Personally I do not want Brad Miller... he's day has passed as far as I am concerned.

That being said, Kupchak and the Lakers have shown that they are not capable of manufacturing multi-team deals, so I would be surprised if it got pulled off, unless so other GM came to the Lakers with the idea.

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 03:58 PM   #3
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalMike
Personally I do not want Brad Miller... he's day has passed as far as I am concerned.

That being said, Kupchak and the Lakers have shown that they are not capable of manufacturing multi-team deals, so I would be surprised if it got pulled off, unless so other GM came to the Lakers with the idea.

This proposed trade doesn't give is Brad. It gives us Jameer and Ron.

But I am completely against Jameer. He is a very dumb selfish guard. Just watch Orlando games, this guy never passes to Dwight.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 03:58 PM   #4
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

bibby is the only player that i'd be interested in... artest is a loon and miller plays like he's in it for the paycheck...
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 04:00 PM   #5
SoCalMike

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by gts
bibby is the only player that i'd be interested in... artest is a loon and miller plays like he's in it for the paycheck...

My bad Lakerfreak... but I don't like Nelson. If I were to do this, the Lakers would have to take Bibby as part of the package, as gts noted.

Old 04-28-2007, 04:00 PM   #6
Liberalo
Banned

Liberalo has an OK reputation so far

It's a good deal for the Lakers talent wise and it would most likely improve the team but there are issues with Nelson's game and Artest's character so we'd kind of need to give it some thought.

I'd do it...but only if like 5 other deals fall apart.
Liberalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 04:02 PM   #7
SoCalMike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberalo
It's a good deal for the Lakers talent wise and it would most likely improve the team but there are issues with Nelson's game and Artest's character so we'd kind of need to give it some thought.

I'd do it...but only if like 5 other deals fall apart.

Ok, here's a perverted thought...

We do the trade above, and get Atest... then we pull the trigger for JO... now we have them back together again.... LOL

(just kidding, but i thought i would say it anyway)

HAHA

Old 04-28-2007, 04:02 PM   #8
Cool
NBA rookie of the year

Cool is considered somewhat coolCool is considered somewhat cool

Nelson and Artest have issues, on the floor and off, the Lakers dont need none of that right now. They need an impact player who has a good and positive atittude. If we bring in another cancer type of player our team IMO will be screwed royal. So neither layer and lets try to get a STAR(If possible).
Cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 04:08 PM   #9
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool
Nelson and Artest have issues, on the floor and off, the Lakers dont need none of that right now. They need an impact player who has a good and positive atittude. If we bring in another cancer type of player our team IMO will be screwed royal. So neither layer and lets try to get a STAR(If possible).

Nelson doesn't have any off court issues, He's just a ball hog. Dribbles too much and that sorta thing.

I would love to have artest on this team. Artest is tough!!!!
Old 04-28-2007, 04:12 PM   #10
bigboi_baller
NBA rookie of the year

bigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
This proposed trade doesn't give is Brad. It gives us Jameer and Ron.

But I am completely against Jameer. He is a very dumb selfish guard. Just watch Orlando games, this guy never passes to Dwight.
Jameer is better than Smush; therefore, its an improvement.

If the Lakers got BM in this deal, I think he would fit in very well in the Triangle. He can pass to cutters and he's a good shooter for a big man
Old 04-28-2007, 04:12 PM   #11
SoCalMike

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
Nelson doesn't have any off court issues, He's just a ball hog. Dribbles too much and that sorta thing.

I would love to have artest on this team. Artest is tough!!!!

Kobe would literally murder him if he was like that on the Lakers... LOL

Old 04-28-2007, 04:15 PM   #12
bigboi_baller
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalMike

I think jameer would recognize that he could still get over 15+ ppg if he played off of Kobe. He doesn't really have many issues, its just that a lot of critics in the media hate his game.
Old 04-28-2007, 04:16 PM   #13
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboi_baller
Jameer is better than Smush; therefore, its an improvement.

If the Lakers got BM in this deal, I think he would fit in very well in the Triangle. He can pass to cutters and he's a good shooter for a big man

there is no question about both things you said.

only thing is, Farmar is our guy now. We dont need Jameer. secondly BM can probably succeed.

But he can't do the other thing Phil likes...defend bigs...or anyone!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalMikeThePimp

Exactly..Kobe doesn;t like ball hogs
Old 04-28-2007, 04:17 PM   #14
Liberalo
Banned

Liberalo has an OK reputation so far

The thing is, I want someone like Nelson. Someone fearless that will put pressure on defense. But like Lakersfreak said, he often goes to the ballhog mode and he can hurt his team that way.

But then again, we really are in no position to be picky. Beggers can't be choosers, so they say at least.
The clock is ticking, folks.

Other WC teams are better and some will improve more by having cap space and high draft picks.
The Lakers in a position where they have a star player that will always get them to the playoffs and thus we"ll have no high draft picks and our salary situation is also bad.

When you're not top 10 in talent in your conference but you have the best player in the league, you know something is wrong.

That's why we need to get some players even if they have issues.

I honestly don't think we can write players off just because they have certain issues. We just need talent, badly and if possible, some proven talent.
Nelson at least has proven that he can be a badass out there.
Liberalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 05:54 PM   #15
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

ihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

i really dont think we should be getting jameer nelson. He is a medicre scorer and a huge defensive liabiltiy. If you watched the pistons-orlando series, nelson was picked apart by billups and hamilton. He cannot defend big guards. He always gets posted up and because of his height, they always rise above him. I know we are in desperation for a point, but i dont think we have to settle for a guy like nelson. What hurts us the most is that our guards cannot defend elite point guards and nelsn would not help defend the penetration.
ihatetimthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: