Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Streetball Forum

Streetball Forum Streetball Message Board - street basketball and streetball forum

Old 09-16-2016, 03:49 AM   #46
DoctorP
Retired.

Default Re: The further adventures...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01amberfirewv
I just turned 38 and I feel your pain. I was never the most talented guy playing but I was always one of the quickest. Now that my body is older those days are over. I'm good for one or two quick moves a game but that's about it. If my body is hurting I've got no quickness, no smoothness it's to shoot and I can't guard a stop sign.

Thanks for reading. I can get hot with the J and I am a decent perimeter defender but my best days of athleticism are behind me. I would play you tho
DoctorP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2016, 11:45 AM   #47
01amberfirewv
Serious playground baller

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorP
Thanks for reading. I can get hot with the J and I am a decent perimeter defender but my best days of athleticism are behind me. I would play you tho

We need more guys my age to play. I keep saying we need to find older guys to play but I think that's what all the 20 year olds are doing with us
01amberfirewv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2016, 08:44 PM   #48
DoctorP
Retired.

Sept 16, 2016

I guess this is why health journals are so obnoxious and unentertaining. At this point I sound like a broken record.

1. Young people, not my thing to be around anymore. I'm like the old guy at the club, not a good look. So I prefer playing alone and this way I can avoid stupid fights.
2. After being inactive since last game I struggled through fatigue today.
3. Now I have to fight through scar tissue pain on my right shoulder, yet not on my left wrist, which is surprising.
4. It's still an uphill battle to get the right nutrition, I don't eat enough protein.

I think my conclusion has become this: I find that the healthiest lifestyle for me is not even when I'm playing a lot of bball, its when Im up early walking around, using less desktime (sucks cause I draw a lot) and when I am constantly active throughout the day. If I am inactive, sitting around (even if im working) and just not being mobile I will easily lose all of the cardio gains.

It sucks but it looks like from here on out playing competitive bball will always be an uphill battle. So not fun but, **** it, this is how it's going to be. I am going to try to get into a lot more biking and use basketball as more of a compliment to the biking. Maybe I will get more inspired during the season.

And I now owe eight thousand dollars because of that fight early this summer. No insurance in this country is Fd. Credit? Fd. I can see why people in the hood would rather kill or be killed, fighting is too expensive. That's a terrible joke.

Last edited by DoctorP : 09-16-2016 at 08:51 PM.
DoctorP is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: