Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 04-28-2007, 06:02 PM   #1
hotsizzle
Superstar

hotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation here
Default Amare is pissed

Quote:
You guys are making it seem like it's a huge deal," Suns center Amare Stoudemire said. "It's only 19 points. He was obviously a big factor for the Lakers, but I think we didn't win because we weren't aggressive enough."

Asked whether he would change his defensive game plan of fronting Brown in the post for Game 4, which the 6-foot-9 Stoudemire does to counter Brown's superior size and strength,Stoudemire smiled a bit, then said, "There's a lot of things I'm going to do to Kwame on Sunday, but I can't tell you guys about them yet."

He's gonna eat Kwame. Damn.

Maybe Kwame will grow some balls and take on this challenge
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 06:05 PM   #2
Liberalo
Banned

Liberalo has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Amare is pissed

I love confident players like that. Swagger's the word.
Liberalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 06:10 PM   #3
Cool
NBA rookie of the year

Cool is considered somewhat coolCool is considered somewhat cool

If Kwame can, play like he did the other day and step up his defense to a whole new level, then he should be fine. He just has to step up and take this challenge upon himself, I hope Kwame reads this and uses it for some sort of motivation.
Cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 08:23 PM   #4
akts
Serious playground baller

akts has decent reputationakts has decent reputation

I just hope kwame doesnt focus so much on defending Amare that he keys out the other players.. His presence around the basket kept the suns off a bit that and them being on the road..Sunday they will come firing and passing.

Kwame needs to use this to body up and check Amare in the block. Amare can get his points.. but I think Kwame can affect his shot as long as it is not a dunk!
akts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 10:34 PM   #5
Kobe4life
Banned

Kobe4life posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryKobe4life posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryKobe4life posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

kwame seems to be very good of a player when hes confident when i see him
Kobe4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 01:42 AM   #6
kobedaman24
its ours nxt year LA09

kobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this board

Obviously Suns will come out with a better gameplan so we just have to play good D. Our bench needs to be a big factor as well..
kobedaman24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 01:47 AM   #7
kobedaman24
its ours nxt year LA09

kobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this board

Here's some more Amare stuff. He talks about Kwame and playing D on him.

Quote:
The Laker media guide lists 6-11 center Kwame Brown at 270 pounds. But don't try convincing Phoenix center Amare Stoudemire of that.

"The guy is 300 pounds," insisted the 6-10 Stoudemire, "and I'm only 235."

Not according to the Suns' media guide, which has Stoudemire weighing in at 245.

But when you've battled Brown in the paint in Game 3 and watched him score a playoff-high 19 points, several on slam dunks, it's easier to rationalize if you create a greater size disparity between yourself and your opponent.

Stoudemire was on the court for only 31 minutes because of foul trouble, which also limited his aggressiveness.

"I have to be a little more responsible," Stoudemire said, "and stay on the court."

Still, he doesn't minimize the immensity of his task.

"Once Kwame gets set in the middle," Stoudemire said, "you can't move him out."

Whatever he weighs, he's big. No argument there.
Old 04-29-2007, 02:07 AM   #8
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

All I hear is b!tching from this amare guy. Sounds like such a whining baby.

Keep doin what your doin Kwame.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 02:21 AM   #9
kobedaman24
its ours nxt year LA09

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
All I hear is b!tching from this amare guy. Sounds like such a whining baby.

Keep doin what your doin Kwame.
lol. He does love to trash talk...
Old 04-29-2007, 09:37 AM   #10
JellyBean
College superstar

JellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation here

Kwame just has to play solid defense, get rebounds, and score whenever the chances presents itself. Don't get caught up with all of that crap from Amare. Just ball, Kwame.
JellyBean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 10:34 AM   #11
Bobcat4Ever
Six Pack Cat

Bobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation hereBobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation hereBobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation hereBobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation hereBobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation hereBobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation here

I hope Kwame dunks on this mother ****er
Bobcat4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 11:16 AM   #12
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Lets hope Kwame reacts with energy, determination, focus and heart. If he does that, he can pound on Amare and at least take him out of his game a little.

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 01:39 PM   #13
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Id like to see 300 lbs ship 235lbs into the thrird row sometime today... a nice forearm to the chest ought to do it...
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 03:48 PM   #14
hwliuLAP
Local High School Star

hwliuLAP is a pretty well-respected posterhwliuLAP is a pretty well-respected posterhwliuLAP is a pretty well-respected poster

Kwame looking good
hwliuLAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 12:24 AM   #15
defendish
I airball my layups

defendish has an OK reputation so far

Well I usually hate trash talking but at least it is somewhat tolerable if the player backs it up. STAT had 27 pts and 21 rebs. He doesn't or didn't have to say anything.

But I guess it's good for ratings. So can't fault him on that.

Last edited by defendish : 04-30-2007 at 12:26 AM.
defendish is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: