Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 04-28-2007, 06:03 PM   #1
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

geeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation here
Default have there ever been this many dolts at once?

far be it from me to be one of those "ISH was better in the old days" people but this is just painful. every thread I try to post in is infested with these people.

I really think I'm going to break out the ignore feature here.

I've never used the ignore feature before cause I've always found idiots entertaining at least a little, and if I'm not in the mood I can gloss over the posts. but these days it's out of control. they just can't be avoided anymore, and they come in such high volumes that they've lost their charm.

is it just me?

THE OFFICIAL LIST OF DOLTS. (suggest others)

1. jasonterry
2. Pleezebelieve
3. HollaBalla
4. guangmoreno
5. Baller1986
6. FabCasablancas
7. Fudge
8. Tmacman

Last edited by geeWiz15 : 04-28-2007 at 11:02 PM.
geeWiz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 06:05 PM   #2
brwnman

brwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputation
Default Re: have there ever been this many dolts at once?

it has grown worse in the playoffs, but honestly since the new ish board, it's been just horrible... I liked the way old ish...
brwnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 06:05 PM   #3
XxNeXuSxX
The Master Debater

XxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeWiz15
far be it from me to be one of those "ISH was better in the old days" people but this is just painful. every thread I try to post in is infested with these people.

I really think I'm going to break out the ignore feature here.

I've never used the ignore feature before cause I've always found idiots entertaining at least a little, and if I'm not in the mood I can gloss over the posts. but these days it's out of control. they just can't be avoided anymore, and they come in such high volumes that they've lost their charm.

is it just me?
Examples needed.
XxNeXuSxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 06:09 PM   #4
SCdac
Very good NBA starter

SCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputation

Many of the posters on this board, with 1000+ posts, are just as bad and mindless as the newbies. How nobody notices, I have no idea.
SCdac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 06:09 PM   #5
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Examples needed.

Baller1986
Fatlever
jasonterry
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 06:10 PM   #6
Kobe24
Banned

Kobe24 is considered somewhat coolKobe24 is considered somewhat coolKobe24 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalker
Baller1986
Fatlever
jasonterry

HollaBolla
Kobe24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 06:11 PM   #7
haterofhaters
Fantasy Forum Mod

haterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this board

As someone who's only been here since the new board, i'd say wasn't this bad when i first joined but it has progressively gotten worse.

On a side note though, if you're like what, 17? 18? right now and were a member of the old ISH, it begs me to ask the question, have you ever had a social life?
haterofhaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 06:12 PM   #8
XxNeXuSxX
The Master Debater

XxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalker
Baller1986
Fatlever
jasonterry
Fair enough.
XxNeXuSxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 06:17 PM   #9
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

geeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
it has grown worse in the playoffs, but honestly since the new ish board, it's been just horrible... I liked the way old ish...
I have actually liked all eras equally. even the new board has had some great moments. but in the last couple months we've had a complete infestation of morons and it's really painful. and NOTHING is done.

Quote:
Examples needed.
if there were just one or two of these guys it'd be funny. but the fact is there are so many of them that they completely lose their charm and just fill up the board with nonsense.

Pleezebelieve
HollaBalla
guangermo
Baller1986
FabCasablancas
jasonterry

and those are just the ones who are standout horrible. none of the new faces that I can think of are anything special at all. at best they're passable. nobody seems to have anything interesting to say anymore. the first few months of the new board brought a collection of GREAT newbies. guys like donks, young hkm, b-low and others. but lately all we're getting is morons and they're not getting bored and moving on like usual.

then there are a great multitude of guys like mlh1981 and hawker who aren't bad, but just don't really have anything to say or anything to bring and don't even present their ideas well and make infuriating grammar mistakes so I just don't read anything they say ever.
Old 04-28-2007, 06:18 PM   #10
Ballastic
<////////////}~

Ballastic has an OK reputation so far

Dont forget about guangmoreno and don cheto.
Ballastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 06:18 PM   #11
Targus™
Good college starter

Targus™ has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by haterofhaters
As someone who's only been here since the new board, i'd say wasn't this bad when i first joined but it has progressively gotten worse.

On a side note though, if you're like what, 17? 18? right now and were a member of the old ISH, it begs me to ask the question, have you ever had a social life?

lol sometimes i wonder the same thing, even some people have like 34+ posts per day
Targus™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 06:19 PM   #12
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

Quote:
no.

never. this is all I do. post here.
Old 04-28-2007, 06:22 PM   #13
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

Quote:
Many of the posters on this board, with 1000+ posts, are just as bad and mindless as the newbies. How nobody notices, I have no idea.
yup. that's true too. but they're desceiving. Glove 20 is a newbie as well, he's been here less than a year. handle the rock. cool. all have thousands of posts. but, as far as I know, are less than a year old so still qualify as rookies.
Old 04-28-2007, 06:26 PM   #14
ripthekik
GIVEN NOT EARNED

ripthekik has an OK reputation so far

ripthekik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 06:28 PM   #15
Kobe24
Banned

Kobe24 is considered somewhat coolKobe24 is considered somewhat coolKobe24 is considered somewhat cool

Glove_20? He's made some nice threads.
Kobe24 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: