Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 04-29-2007, 01:20 PM   #16
Randy
NBA sixth man of the year

Default Re: Hard rock songs/bands?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darsh
Wow, f-ck that ****. If you want to listen to good heavy music then listen to the following bands:

Deftones - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7T7qICJohc

Tool - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07pLGIgyfjw

Sevendust - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFaXa...elated&search=

Noooooo!!! Not Tool! Everyone Tool fan I have ever met is such a music snob. Just because their songs run for 9 minutes does not make them maserpieces! God I hate Tool. The Deftones rock though, I love to play "Root" on my guitar.
Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 01:53 PM   #17
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

Quote:
Good metal bands: Guns N' Roses, AC/DC, Led Zeppelin,
how are these guys metal? they have coherent lyrics and actually make enjoyable music. if you want metal youtube that Walter Hermann video. THAT'S metal, read: it sucks ass and gives me a headache.
geeWiz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 02:00 PM   #18
Randy
NBA sixth man of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeWiz15
how are these guys metal? they have coherent lyrics and actually make enjoyable music. if you want metal youtube that Walter Hermann video. THAT'S metal, read: it sucks ass and gives me a headache.

They're considered metal by some because they are the pioneers of the genre. Current crap bands can detune their guitars and pound their bass drum as hard as they want, but they will never play harder or louder than these classic bands.

EDIT: I just found that video you were talking about and it proves my point completely. Detuned guitars with rapid double bass drums and growling vocals in an attempt to sound loud*. This is not metal in my book, it is pure crap...insulting to true rock and roll.

*By loud I don't mean the volume, I'm sure you understand what I mean though.

Last edited by Randy : 04-29-2007 at 02:05 PM.
Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 03:10 PM   #19
ConanRulesNBC
Very good NBA starter

Try out...

Alice in Chains
Soundgarden
Metallica
Pantera
Black Sabbath
Iron Maiden
Dio
AC/DC
Led Zeppelin
Guns N' Roses
ConanRulesNBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 07:25 PM   #20
different107
National High School Star

Skilet isnt a very well known band, but some of their stuff was kinda heavy. Just a thought.
different107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 06:25 AM   #21
Darsh
Good college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy
Noooooo!!! Not Tool! Everyone Tool fan I have ever met is such a music snob. Just because their songs run for 9 minutes does not make them maserpieces! God I hate Tool. The Deftones rock though, I love to play "Root" on my guitar.

As much as i agree with tools songs being too long, the ones that arent overly long are absolute mint. Stinkfist, 46 & 2, H and more are all classics.
Darsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 06:07 PM   #22
notorious ai3
OTC semi-lurker

love or hate the length of tool's songs, at least it's something fresh that not everybody does. i like tool a lot, but i have to be in the right mood to listen to the lengthy songs now. i think that it is a good thing that they aren't like everybody else. they are a talented band and their songs can be quite complex (depending on what you make of it), but i would agree that most hardcore tool fans are crazy.

and i don't know if you would define tool as metal, but i guess judging by the themes it can be considered metal. but it's not really the type of metal people think of when they think of metal. unfortunately, i think that the public as a whole thinks of the genre as early slipknot-like. but there are some good "really hard" metal sounds out there. and yes, these bands may not be as good as some of the pioneers in the genre, but what can you really expect? these guys have to try new things to create their own niche, and until someone stumbles upon the next great sound, we will have to settle for some of the less than average metal (note, not all modern metal).
notorious ai3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 12:24 AM   #23
Dizzle-2k7
Go Spurs Go

check out poison the well or from autumn to ashes. underoath/norma jean are also good choices.. those dudes are rowdy.
Dizzle-2k7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 02:00 AM   #24
different107
National High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzle-2k7
check out poison the well or from autumn to ashes. underoath/norma jean are also good choices.. those dudes are rowdy.

Yeah, Underoath is pretty sweet. It's not the kinda rock that liberalo was looking for but still worth checking out.
different107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 02:46 AM   #25
AtTheDriveIn
04'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzle-2k7

Underoath and Norma Jean are the ****.

FATA is more of an alternative bands, which makes them kind of weak, but whatever, I prefer listening to them late at night though.
AtTheDriveIn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 02:49 AM   #26
lovethetriangle
LAKER FAN FOR LIFE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy
Yeah everyone knows about them becasue they are great musicians from an era where music and the artists actually had integrity.

If you want modern hard rock listen to Mastodon, Lamb of God, As I Lay Dying, or Pig Destroyer. It pains to even reccomend those because they suck so bad compared to classic rock.

Amen to classic rock. Don't even bother and listen to contemporary ****.
lovethetriangle is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: