Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Washington Wizards Forum

Washington Wizards Forum Washington Wizards forum - Washington Wizards message board

Old 04-29-2007, 02:16 AM   #16
Lebron23
GOAT Small Forward

Lebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Round 1: Cavs vs Wizards, going into game 4

I am expecting a great Series between the Cavaliers and the winner of the Nets/Raptors Series. But If the Nets vs. Raptors go down the wire and reach game 6 or 7. I think they are very tired and stress, Cavaliers will make it a quick and easy job enroute to the Eastern Conference Finals.

Last edited by Lebron23 : 04-29-2007 at 02:20 AM.
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 11:17 AM   #17
Poseidon
Banned

Poseidon has decent reputationPoseidon has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
These are your usual responses to anything LeBron/Cavalier related. Please show me the post in which you called LeBron "a great basketball talent" and how he "deserved MVP consideration". Maybe you did that under a different username and are confusing yourself?

You are notorious for spewing hate toward LeBron any chance that you get.

I don't use different usernames like some of your fellow Cavs posters here on ISH. Sure I've criticized LeBron in the past...but nothing really out of line. I think some people here give LeBron way too much, way too early. The Jordan comparisons are out of line (as they are for Kobe...but Kobe has enough detractors in each of the threads about him, so no need to pile on there).

I posted yesterday that I thought LeBron deserves the MVP in one thread. He'd be my pick if I had a vote. I thought he played a masterful game yesterday and was really entertaining. Like I said, I don't get caught up in all the hype and premature greatness....but I like LeBron James as a basketball player. Also heard he has a thing for "chubby" chicks.
Poseidon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 11:20 AM   #18
Poseidon
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebron23

I am expecting a great Series between the Cavaliers and the winner of the Nets/Raptors Series. But If the Nets vs. Raptors go down the wire and reach game 6 or 7. I think they are very tired and stress, Cavaliers will make it a quick and easy job enroute to the Eastern Conference Finals.

If it's the Raptors....Cavs in 5.

If it's the Nets.....Cavs in 6.

Cleveland pretty much has a cake-walk to the ECF. Getting that 2nd seed was huge.
Old 04-29-2007, 11:24 AM   #19
Samurai Swoosh
Root Of All Evil

Samurai Swoosh is a pretty well-respected posterSamurai Swoosh is a pretty well-respected posterSamurai Swoosh is a pretty well-respected poster

Thisis the most boring NBA playoff series I have seen in quite sometime. LeBron's boring, the Cavs are always boring, and w/o Arenas and Butler the Wizards are just atrocious.
Samurai Swoosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 11:29 AM   #20
Poseidon
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai Swoosh
Thisis the most boring NBA playoff series I have seen in quite sometime. LeBron's boring, the Cavs are always boring, and w/o Arenas and Butler the Wizards are just atrocious.

Was boring up until Game 3. Watched the entire game and it was very entertaining, especially when Washington decided to put some effort and play the game. Cavs should end this on Monday.

With a healthy Caron and Gilbert....this might have ended up going the distance.
Old 04-29-2007, 12:04 PM   #21
Lebron23
GOAT Small Forward

Lebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai Swoosh

Where is your team now???
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 12:08 PM   #22
dak121
College superstar

dak121 is considered somewhat cooldak121 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poseidon
If it's the Raptors....Cavs in 5.

If it's the Nets.....Cavs in 6.

Cleveland pretty much has a cake-walk to the ECF. Getting that 2nd seed was huge.

Cavs don't really have it that easy. Nets would give them a series that would go 7. A definite pick-em if it's Cavs/Nets.

Just the Eric Snow vs. Kidd matchup should scare Cavs fans by itself.
dak121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 12:10 PM   #23
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
I don't use different usernames like some of your fellow Cavs posters here on ISH. Sure I've criticized LeBron in the past...but nothing really out of line. I think some people here give LeBron way too much, way too early. The Jordan comparisons are out of line (as they are for Kobe...but Kobe has enough detractors in each of the threads about him, so no need to pile on there).

I posted yesterday that I thought LeBron deserves the MVP in one thread. He'd be my pick if I had a vote. I thought he played a masterful game yesterday and was really entertaining. Like I said, I don't get caught up in all the hype and premature greatness....but I like LeBron James as a basketball player. Also heard he has a thing for "chubby" chicks.
I don't know, Poseidon. I follow Cavs/LeBron related threads pretty closely and I've never seen you say anything positive about the man. Whatever, though... if you are going to put out quality posts (like this one), I have no beef with you. It just seems like the person that typed this up is not the same one that I have seen over and over in Cavalier threads.
RedBlackAttack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 12:13 PM   #24
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by dak121
Cavs don't really have it that easy. Nets would give them a series that would go 7. A definite pick-em if it's Cavs/Nets.

Just the Eric Snow vs. Kidd matchup should scare Cavs fans by itself.
Snow doesn't start. The thing that the Cavs have over the Nets is a significant size advantage (as they would the Raptors). Cleveland is already one of the best rebounding teams in the league. They will own the glass against the Nets.

I'm not saying it won't be a good series, but that is an area that has to be of major concern to New Jersey/Toronto fans when they match up against the Cavs. Cleveland's starting 5 is the biggest in the NBA.
Old 04-29-2007, 12:19 PM   #25
dak121
College superstar

dak121 is considered somewhat cooldak121 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Snow doesn't start. The thing that the Cavs have over the Nets is a significant size advantage (as they would the Raptors). Cleveland is already one of the best rebounding teams in the league. They will own the glass against the Nets.

I'm not saying it won't be a good series, but that is an area that has to be of major concern to New Jersey/Toronto fans when they match up against the Cavs. Cleveland's starting 5 is the biggest in the NBA.

Your underestimating the Nets frontline. Collins is an excellent defender, Mikki Moore plays with a brain,(unlike Gooden 75% of the time) Cliff Robinson is a vet that can space the floor for Kidd and Josh Boone is a pretty good hustle guy that can chip in here and there.

If the Cavs got a consistent effort up front it probably wouldn't be close. But when have the Cavs gotten a consistent night-in/night-out effort from ANYONE on that team other than LeBron all season?

On paper it looks like the Cavs have the advantage. But if the Cavs play like they're playing right now against the JV Wizards, who knows what's going to happen when they go against an actual playoff team.
dak121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 12:25 PM   #26
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

Quote:
Your underestimating the Nets frontline. Collins is an excellent defender, Mikki Moore plays with a brain,(unlike Gooden 75% of the time) Cliff Robinson is a vet that can space the floor for Kidd and Josh Boone is a pretty good hustle guy that can chip in here and there.

If the Cavs got a consistent effort up front it probably wouldn't be close. But when have the Cavs gotten a consistent night-in/night-out effort from ANYONE on that team other than LeBron all season?

On paper it looks like the Cavs have the advantage. But if the Cavs play like they're playing right now against the JV Wizards, who knows what's going to happen when they go against an actual playoff team.
Point taken.

However, the Cavs are doing just enough to get by right now... coasting, if you will.

Sort of like Detroit coasted against a vastly inferior Orlando team (except the Cavs aren't as good as the Pistons).

I'd say the Cavs are playing in 3rd gear. All season long, they have played to the level of their competition. I can almost guarantee that you will see a much more focused team in the next round.

This is coming from someone who watched 80 of the Cavs' 82 regular season games and every playoff game. I'm not surprised at all that they had a couple of close calls against Washington. But, when they needed to, they went to that other gear.

The Cavs completely owned the glass against the Nets in all of their regular season games. Gooden, Z, and Varejao may all be inconsistent scorers, but they are consistently good rebounders... especially offensively. When you throw in LeBron, who is capable of getting 10+ rebounds on any given night, that is really where the Cavs' strength lies.
Old 04-29-2007, 12:26 PM   #27
Poseidon
Banned

Quote:
I don't know, Poseidon. I follow Cavs/LeBron related threads pretty closely and I've never seen you say anything positive about the man. Whatever, though... if you are going to put out quality posts (like this one), I have no beef with you. It just seems like the person that typed this up is not the same one that I have seen over and over in Cavalier threads.

It's all good man. I've said some stupid stuff about LeBron in the past, but I've realized that it's time to appreciate a great player instead of nitpicking all the time. Still not gonna proclaim him "King" though. :)

While some might find them boring, I enjoy watching the Cavs in these playoffs and have been very impressed with LeBron's unselfish game. I don't think his teammates or Coach Mike Brown are as bad as some Cavs fans think. They did win 50 and snatched the 2nd seed in their conference. Can't be that awful.
Old 04-29-2007, 12:34 PM   #28
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

Quote:
It's all good man. I've said some stupid stuff about LeBron in the past, but I've realized that it's time to appreciate a great player instead of nitpicking all the time. Still not gonna proclaim him "King" though. :)

While some might find them boring, I enjoy watching the Cavs in these playoffs and have been very impressed with LeBron's unselfish game. I don't think his teammates or Coach Mike Brown are as bad as some Cavs fans think. They did win 50 and snatched the 2nd seed in their conference. Can't be that awful.

Brown has done wonders with the team's defense. They really are one of the best defensive teams in the league and it isn't just because they play a slow pace. He has taught those guys the fundamentals of great defense.

He doesn't have a clue how to run an offense, however. Brown's offensive scheme consists of giving the ball to LeBron and setting a screen for him. Either that, or feed the ball to Z on the block. There is no offensive movement.

I agree with you that he is not as bad as people make him out to be because of the huge improvement that they have made defensively. But, he really needs to go to a camp or something to learn how to run an effective offense.
Old 04-29-2007, 12:36 PM   #29
fatlever
Banned

fatlever has an OK reputation so far

Aww, I'm getting such an All In The Family sort of feeling reading these posts. Let's try keeping it this way.
fatlever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 12:45 PM   #30
Mathius
NBA sixth man of the year

Mathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputation

Quote:

Very well said.

MIkki Moore just had a HUGE game to help the Nets upset the Bulls, whichi is exactly why we're here in the 2nd seed. And when Moore went out with foul trouble, Boone came in and scored 17 points in the second half. (or maybe it was 15.)

Do they have any hope of getting Krsted back anytime soon?

Quote:
Point taken.

However, the Cavs are doing just enough to get by right now... coasting, if you will.

Sort of like Detroit coasted against a vastly inferior Orlando team (except the Cavs aren't as good as the Pistons).

I'd say the Cavs are playing in 3rd gear. All season long, they have played to the level of their competition. I can almost guarantee that you will see a much more focused team in the next round.

This is the kind of crap Cavs fans have been spewing all season long.

"The Cavs play down to the level of their opponents." "They'll play big when its necessary".

Yeah.

That's the kind of crap that cost us 2 games against the Bobcats, 1 game against the Hawks, 1 game against Philly, 1 against Boston, etc. etc. etc.

And don't give me that crap again about how Lebron didn't play against Boston. Pierce didn't play either.

Quote:
This is coming from someone who watched 80 of the Cavs' 82 regular season games and every playoff game. I'm not surprised at all that they had a couple of close calls against Washington. But, when they needed to, they went to that other gear.

Yeah, well. Obviously they don't always use that "other gear" when they "need to" or we'd have won the easy games I listed above.

This team should have easily won 60 games this year I bet if you go back and look at some of the losses we had.

When you consistently allow yourself to "coast" or "play down to your opponents' level" it tends to become a habit.

Just another bad habit a good quality coach would have broken, or the players should be going bye bye.

The Nets will be tough if we face them. I wouldn't guarantee we come out of that series. We could, but I would not make any promises.

I'll feel much more confident if we end up facing Toronto.

Mathius

Last edited by Mathius : 04-29-2007 at 12:55 PM.
Mathius is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: