Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 05-01-2007, 10:00 PM   #16
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Off Season Moves

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedinpurpleTwo
No, Mihm is not an option yet. Last I heard, his rehab is coming along and he should be 100% this summer. And that he wants to stay in LAL and hopes the Lakers will give him a shot. I'm assuming he's coming back 100% healthy. If so, I re-sign him at some small number ($1.5m - $2m-ish).

How good do you think Mihm will be when/if he comes back? I am curious to know if he will be a viable player or if his recovery will never be 100%.

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 10:31 PM   #17
bleedinpurple
Decent college freshman

bleedinpurple has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalMike
How good do you think Mihm will be when/if he comes back? I am curious to know if he will be a viable player or if his recovery will never be 100%.

excellent question. I'm hoping he gets back to his previous level, which would make him a good backup.
bleedinpurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 10:39 PM   #18
netdoc
High School Varsity 6th Man

netdoc has an OK reputation so far

I'm a Lakers GM --- I do the following:
Sign Mihm and Walton
Trade Kwame, Cook, 2 second rounders for J. O'neil (maybe 1 first, 1 second).
Get L.O. healthy - whatever means possible.

Starting Lineup:
Farmar
Bryant
Odom
O'Neil
Bynum

Bench:
Walton
Evans
Radman
Mihm
Shammond
Sasha

Minimize the rotation to 8 men when it comes to playoff time.
netdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 10:42 PM   #19
bleedinpurple
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by netdoc
I'm a Lakers GM --- I do the following:
Sign Mihm and Walton
Trade Kwame, Cook, 2 second rounders for J. O'neil (maybe 1 first, 1 second).
Get L.O. healthy - whatever means possible.

Starting Lineup:
Farmar
Bryant
Odom
O'Neil
Bynum

Bench:
Walton
Evans
Radman
Mihm
Shammond
Sasha

Minimize the rotation to 8 men when it comes to playoff time.

nice effort, but unless the Pacers are looking for an expiring contract (cap relief), then I don't think they will accept our scrubs. I think other teams could provide better deals (esp Boston).
Old 05-02-2007, 01:04 AM   #20
aahhsin
Banned

aahhsin has an OK reputation so far

wait... lakers still have to pay brian grant?
aahhsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 07:55 AM   #21
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by aahhsin
wait... lakers still have to pay brian grant?

No, Grant is off the books and not a factor for the off season.

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 10:21 AM   #22
Shark
I hit open layups

Shark has an OK reputation so far

[quote=gts]Ok what I'd like to do is start a thread for off season moves,

Ok, we are right there for the salary cap so if we dump a salary we are on the FA market.
So I say:
1) trade Odom and Cook to a team like Charlotte or Atlanta in exchange for their 1st rounder.
2) Sign R. Lewis to a multiyear contract around 14 M (we get the second scorer, finally).
3) Draft a good PF with Atlanta/Charlotte pick, this year there are plenty of them
4) Go after a Phil-like PG on the market, as Watson. Maybe in a sign and trade with Walton, or in exchange for Radmanovic+our 1st round pick

So we could have:

Watson/Farmar
Kobe/Evans
Lewis/Walton (or Radmanovic)
Charlotte Pick /Turiaf
Kwame/Bynum/Mihm

This team seems better to me.
Shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 01:16 PM   #23
netdoc
High School Varsity 6th Man

netdoc has an OK reputation so far

What we need is a defensive stopper - someone that can stop penetration from the guards. We score enough points, just can't play defense.

What IF we put a package for a sign n trade for Chauncey? Would he be enough to put this team over the top if the trade did not include Odom?

Chauncey
Kobe
Odom
Walton
Bynum

Bench
Farmar
Turiaf
Mihm
and who is left over from the deal.
netdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 01:50 PM   #24
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

chauncey will be hard to come by, he's going to probably get a huge contract to stay in detroit... i'd love to have him but his payday has arrived and he's going to be looking for it...
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 02:15 PM   #25
bleedinpurpleTwo
Another Laker Dynasty?

bleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

[quote=Shark]
Quote:
Originally Posted by gts
Ok what I'd like to do is start a thread for off season moves,

Ok, we are right there for the salary cap so if we dump a salary we are on the FA market.
So I say:
1) trade Odom and Cook to a team like Charlotte or Atlanta in exchange for their 1st rounder.
2) Sign R. Lewis to a multiyear contract around 14 M (we get the second scorer, finally).
3) Draft a good PF with Atlanta/Charlotte pick, this year there are plenty of them
4) Go after a Phil-like PG on the market, as Watson. Maybe in a sign and trade with Walton, or in exchange for Radmanovic+our 1st round pick

So we could have:

Watson/Farmar
Kobe/Evans
Lewis/Walton (or Radmanovic)
Charlotte Pick /Turiaf
Kwame/Bynum/Mihm

This team seems better to me.

excellent thoughts. Except I don't think we can draft anyone (unless its a top 2 pick) that will be as good as Odom is right now. Secondly, I don't think we can simply dump salary...not that easy...teams are required to be within 25% of each other (or is it 15%). Anyway, all we will have is the MLE to work with.
bleedinpurpleTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 03:09 PM   #26
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

[quote=bleedinpurpleTwo]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark

excellent thoughts. Except I don't think we can draft anyone (unless its a top 2 pick) that will be as good as Odom is right now. Secondly, I don't think we can simply dump salary...not that easy...teams are required to be within 25% of each other (or is it 15%). Anyway, all we will have is the MLE to work with.
lol that's not my post...
Old 05-02-2007, 04:28 PM   #27
bleedinpurpleTwo
Another Laker Dynasty?

bleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

how about this?
Kwame & Cook
for
Jamal Crawford & Channing Frye

Knicks get much desired salary cap relief and they get rid of two superfluous players with 3/4 years remaining.

I suppose this deal would depends on how badly the Knicks want relief.
bleedinpurpleTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 09:08 PM   #28
gts
Sons of Antartica

Eddie Jones will be available for the MLE, he'd give the team a veteran presence off the bench, he's not a slacker, he and Kobe get along, he plays defense and can hit the outside shot with regularity
Old 05-02-2007, 10:35 PM   #29
bleedinpurple
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by gts
Eddie Jones will be available for the MLE, he'd give the team a veteran presence off the bench, he's not a slacker, he and Kobe get along, he plays defense and can hit the outside shot with regularity

I bet he can be had for less than that. I think he will go to a legit contender to finish his career with a ring.
Old 05-03-2007, 01:53 PM   #30
OldTerp
Great young streetballer

OldTerp is considered somewhat coolOldTerp is considered somewhat coolOldTerp is considered somewhat cool

We don't have the cap flexibility to do anything significant in FA and to get anything of value via trade we will have to give up something of value.

I like the idea of landing JO, but we will need to give up LO to get the salaries to match and Indiana to agree.

LO, Kwame, and Cook for JO and Tinsley.

Resign Luke and Mihm if healthy (if not try for Magloire in FA)

Line Up

PG: Tinsley/Farmar
SG: Kobe/Sasha/Evans
SF: Luke/Evans/Vrad
PF: JO/Turiaf
C: Bynum/Mihm or Magloire
OldTerp is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: