Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 05-01-2007, 05:26 PM   #31
bleedinpurpleTwo
Another Laker Dynasty?

bleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: OMG, maybe Mitch is a curse. Maybe there's no other answer...

Quote:
Originally Posted by gts
dude we are like neighbors

LOL you bust me up!
bleedinpurpleTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 06:14 PM   #32
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

HAHAHA... funny exchange for sure.

I am torn on West.... Has his time passed him? Could he really be effective with the Lakers under such a short time frame? And, would PJax let that happen without putting up a fight?

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 06:18 PM   #33
bleedinpurpleTwo
Another Laker Dynasty?

bleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalMike
HAHAHA... funny exchange for sure.

I am torn on West.... Has his time passed him? Could he really be effective with the Lakers under such a short time frame? And, would PJax let that happen without putting up a fight?

I think you hit the key questions. I wonder, too, if his time has passed. It's not like he did a stellar job at Memphis. Although if they get a top 2 pick, they have a very bright future.
Has anyone heard anything about his relationship, if any, with PJax? Positive or Negative?
Old 05-01-2007, 07:52 PM   #34
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedinpurpleTwo
I think you hit the key questions. I wonder, too, if his time has passed. It's not like he did a stellar job at Memphis. Although if they get a top 2 pick, they have a very bright future.
Has anyone heard anything about his relationship, if any, with PJax? Positive or Negative?
didn't west start out well in memphis? i'm not a real memphis fan so i have not followed them to close over the years but i had the feeling they strated out ok and just kinda hit the skids the last couple years because the owner wasn't being real cooperative... somebody know the deal there?
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 07:58 PM   #35
bleedinpurpleTwo
Another Laker Dynasty?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gts
didn't west start out well in memphis? i'm not a real memphis fan so i have not followed them to close over the years but i had the feeling they strated out ok and just kinda hit the skids the last couple years because the owner wasn't being real cooperative... somebody know the deal there?

Not sure. But in terms of moves, here's some things he did which I did not like...and some I did (of course I have the wonderful benefit of hindsight here).

negatives: traded for and resigned an aging useless Stoudamire. Gave Cardinal a fat raise. Took back Swift.

postives: drafted Rudy Gay (who I think will become an all-star). Drafted Hakim Warrick. don't know if he drafted Mike Miller. Team is well positioned for the future even though they won't contend for a couple years.
Old 05-01-2007, 08:02 PM   #36
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Not sure. But in terms of moves, here's some things he did which I did not like...and some I did (of course I have the wonderful benefit of hindsight here).

negatives: traded for and resigned an aging useless Stoudamire. Gave Cardinal a fat raise. Took back Swift.

postives: drafted Rudy Gay (who I think will become an all-star). Drafted Hakim Warrick. don't know if he drafted Mike Miller. Team is well positioned for the future even though they won't contend for a couple years.
didn't he trade for gasol? or am i high?

also dude check out what i got for the trailer they rock!

Old 05-01-2007, 08:24 PM   #37
bleedinpurpleTwo
Another Laker Dynasty?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gts
didn't he trade for gasol? or am i high?

also dude check out what i got for the trailer they rock!

very nice! they will look lovely in the front yard beside the rotting pickup truck on concrete blocks.
Old 05-01-2007, 08:53 PM   #38
gts
Sons of Antartica

Quote:
very nice! they will look lovely in the front yard beside the rotting pickup truck on concrete blocks.
that's not rot it's a patina...
PS i'm looking a wests record in memphis i'll post in a bit

edit ok jerry west in memphis...he took over in the 2002 season they went 28 and 54 thier best season ever at that point the following years they went 50-32, 45-37, 49-33 22-60 (yikes) they made the playoffs three out of 5 years... not sure what led to this seasons horid record but someone will enlighten us...

over all record as a gm is 194-216
his draft picks in that time were
matt barnes
robert archibald
drew gooden
kendrick perkins
marcus banks
hakeem warrick
kyle lowry

Last edited by gts : 05-01-2007 at 09:07 PM.
Old 05-01-2007, 09:54 PM   #39
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Makes me wonder why his record fell off so badly this year. Strange, but maybe he's just tired. He's 68 for goodness sake.

I still see him taking a consultative role someplace, similar to what Tex Winter is doing for the Lakers.

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 10:24 PM   #40
gts
Sons of Antartica

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalMike
Makes me wonder why his record fell off so badly this year. Strange, but maybe he's just tired. He's 68 for goodness sake.

I still see him taking a consultative role someplace, similar to what Tex Winter is doing for the Lakers.

well from what i'm seeing memphis missed pau for over 20 games and swift for over 20 games... plus the defense was horid, ranked 30... offense was ranked 9th

they had the coaching change which made a difference, fratello was 6-24 20% where when barone came in he was 16-36 or 31% sooo...
Old 05-01-2007, 10:29 PM   #41
bleedinpurple
Decent college freshman

bleedinpurple has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by gts
well from what i'm seeing memphis missed pau for over 20 games and swift for over 20 games... plus the defense was horid, ranked 30... offense was ranked 9th

they had the coaching change which made a difference, fratello was 6-24 20% where when barone came in he was 16-36 or 31% sooo...

and they had ownership issues (potential sale of team, etc.)
bleedinpurple is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: