Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 04-30-2007, 10:56 AM   #1
Tarik One
NBA rookie of the year

Tarik One has decent reputationTarik One has decent reputation
Default I've lost respect for Hank Aaron

I don't think it's a matter of breaking a suspected tainted record, he's just being a cranky old man who doesn't want his record broken. I just find it hyprocritical because of everything he went through during his own hr chase. The MLB commissioner at that time didn't even show up to his ceremony and now 33 years later, Hank is doing the same. Sour grapes to me.
Tarik One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 11:00 AM   #2
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: I've lost respect for Hank Aaron

I disagree personally... he should not embrace this situation in any way, shape or form. It will always be a tainted record as far as I am concerned.

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 11:08 AM   #3
Poseidon
Banned

Poseidon has decent reputationPoseidon has decent reputation

Hank Aaron can suck it. His only claim to fame is the HR record. Once Bonds passes him....Hank Aaron will go back to a life of obscurity. Bitter old bleep!!!
Poseidon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 11:10 AM   #4
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Rasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation here

I like Hank Aaron, but he is doing himself a dis service by acting like this
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 11:11 AM   #5
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poseidon
Hank Aaron can suck it. His only claim to fame is the HR record. Once Bonds passes him....Hank Aaron will go back to a life of obscurity. Bitter old bleep!!!

Wow, I guess most of you don't recognize the magnitude of his accomplishments, without any chemical enhancements, etc.... allegedly.

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 11:13 AM   #6
saKf
Roy = my new fave.

saKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected poster

Someone cheats to break your all-time home run record. You're not pissed?
saKf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 11:17 AM   #7
John Starks
National High School Star

John Starks has an OK reputation so far

why would you lose respect for Aaron. Any respect I have for him is based on his ability to hit a ton of HR's. Once Bonds passes him, he still hit a ton of HR's. Whether he goes to the record breaking or not- he STILL his a ton of HR's.

If your respect for him is based on his knowledge of ettiquette or his ability to see greatness in others - then, sure, he should lose respect.

Since I only know him as a ball player and all of my opinions of him are based on his ability to play ball - attending or not has 0 impact on my existing feelings about him.
John Starks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 11:19 AM   #8
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Timmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Someone uses steriods to break a record which you worked your entire life for..... and your not a little peeved? If Griffey was the one in that situation Hank would have gone. Because he's not a big headed, whiny little bich.

Not that it matters, cause Arod is gonna pass them both.
Timmy D for MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 11:19 AM   #9
Hotlantadude81
NBA rookie of the year

Hotlantadude81 has decent reputation

I never got to see Hank play... but I bet a mid-late 90's Bonds is better than Hank and probably better than the Big Slob known as Babe Ruth. Babe Ruth wasn't even a real athlete.
Hotlantadude81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 11:20 AM   #10
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

So, some guy cheats like crazy to break the most important record in sports, which he currently holds, and he's supposed to be cool with that? Support that?

Get out of here.
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 11:24 AM   #11
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Timmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotlantadude81
I never got to see Hank play... but I bet a mid-late 90's Bonds is better than Hank and probably better than the Big Slob known as Babe Ruth. Babe Ruth wasn't even a real athlete.

Are you bashing the Babe? Who is possibly the greatest of all time?
Old 04-30-2007, 11:28 AM   #12
Tarik One
NBA rookie of the year

Tarik One has decent reputationTarik One has decent reputation

Quote:
So, some guy cheats like crazy to break the most important record in sports, which he currently holds, and he's supposed to be cool with that? Support that?

Get out of here

These steriod allegations have been around for quite some time now. Up until recent months Hank Aaron seemed to be "cool" with it. Recent years, he and Barry were always making public appearances together discussing the record (Sunday Night Baseball, Sportscenter). Why do a 180 all of a sudden now that Barry is so close?
Tarik One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 11:32 AM   #13
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarik One
These steriod allegations have been around for quite some time now. Up until recent months Hank Aaron seemed to be "cool" with it. Recent years, he and Barry were always making public appearances together discussing the record (Sunday Night Baseball, Sportscenter). Why do a 180 all of a sudden now that Barry is so close?

Mabey Barry told him something, and Hank is man enough to keep it to himself. Mabey Hank never wanted to do those appearences, mabey now he feels Barry is just chasing him, and not trying to make his team better, who knows.

But I would act the same way.
Old 04-30-2007, 11:32 AM   #14
Chalkmaze
Good college starter

Chalkmaze has decent reputationChalkmaze has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarik One

The proof is overwhelming now, at first there were a lot more doubters.
Chalkmaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 11:33 AM   #15
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Rasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation here

I think in general, baseball players are punks and have this soft attitude towards the dumbest things...they are whiners and p*ssies who act tough in one instant and whine about something insignificant and downright childish the next

bunch of unwritten rules and backwards ass codes dominate the game and there are only a handful of guys who dont seem caught up in baseballs BASSAKWARDS ways... And Aaron is one of those guys... Unless he gets too hissy over this bonds stuff...

Of course your are not happy if a guy cheats to break your records, but you dont come outta your character over something like that.... Especially if you are somebody as respected as Hank Aaron..

It just looks petty, and it makes Aaron look petty, which is unbecoming of a man as respected as he is
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: