Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 04-30-2007, 11:42 AM   #16
bekalc
I brick open layups

bekalc has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: I've lost respect for Hank Aaron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasheed1
I think in general, baseball players are punks and have this soft attitude towards the dumbest things...they are whiners and p*ssies who act tough in one instant and whine about something insignificant and downright childish the next

bunch of unwritten rules and backwards ass codes dominate the game and there are only a handful of guys who dont seem caught up in baseballs BASSAKWARDS ways... And Aaron is one of those guys... Unless he gets too hissy over this bonds stuff...

Of course your are not happy if a guy cheats to break your records, but you dont come outta your character over something like that.... Especially if you are somebody as respected as Hank Aaron..

It just looks petty, and it makes Aaron look petty, which is unbecoming of a man as respected as he is

Look, the person without class in this situation is Bonds. It's pretty clear that Bonds cheated, quite frankly...I think that if Bonds had any class, he'd drop out so that Hank could keep his record. I don't blame Hank for being angry, Hank worked hard for his record, and he did it clean...His is the true record..
bekalc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 11:49 AM   #17
Hotlantadude81
NBA rookie of the year

Hotlantadude81 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmy D for MVP

Are you bashing the Babe? Who is possibly the greatest of all time?

The greatest of alltime? Maybe he was the greatest back then.

You think the Babe could be a gold glove outfielder several times these days? You think he could steal 40 or 50 bases nowdays?

Last edited by Hotlantadude81 : 04-30-2007 at 11:51 AM.
Hotlantadude81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 11:53 AM   #18
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Rasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Look, the person without class in this situation is Bonds. It's pretty clear that Bonds cheated, quite frankly...I think that if Bonds had any class, he'd drop out so that Hank could keep his record. I don't blame Hank for being angry, Hank worked hard for his record, and he did it clean...His is the true record.

You are right, Barry Bonds is the guy without class in this situation, So why would hank Aaron lower himself to that level...

Let Baseball handle the "barry steroid" fallout and let hank aaron just be hank aaron.....Dont become a part of this ongoing mess created by baseball's lack of integrity...

the emphasis on these types of records is part of the problem with baseball...they turn a blind to cheating when it was helping them get the fans back, and now they have this big ass problem because they refused to handle it when it was a problem that could be controlled...Now its out of control, with random witch hunts and players out of control with the steroids nonsense...

Hank would be better served by just keeping himself out of the fray
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 11:57 AM   #19
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Timmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotlantadude81
The greatest of alltime? Maybe he was the greatest back then.

You think the Babe could be a gold glove outfielder several times these days? You think he could steal 40 or 50 bases nowdays?

Oh god, we've got someone else who feels compelled to compare across eras. Let's not forget the mound was closer then, than now. Lets not forget that fences were ridiculously far back then as well in most parks. Come on, are you really gonna compare the early 1900's to now?
Timmy D for MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 11:57 AM   #20
Poseidon
Banned

Poseidon has decent reputationPoseidon has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by saKf
Someone cheats to break your all-time home run record. You're not pissed?

Has Bonds EVER tested positive for steroids? NOPE

Has anyone EVER seen Bonds inject himself with any chemicals, hormones or steroids? NOPE

Is there any proof whatsoever that Bonds took anything illegal? NOPE

Heck, steroids and growth hormones weren't even "banned substance" in MLB until a few years ago.....so even IF Bonds or anyone else were taking them, it was NOT illegal.

Baseball and the Federal Government have been on a "Witch Hunt" to nail Bonds fore more than 3 years now and guess what? THEY HAVE NOTHING ON HIM!!!
Poseidon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 11:58 AM   #21
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Timmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poseidon
Has Bonds EVER tested positive for steroids? NOPE

Has anyone EVER seen Bonds inject himself with any chemicals, hormones or steroids? NOPE

Is there any proof whatsoever that Bonds took anything illegal? NOPE

Heck, steroids and growth hormones weren't even "banned substance" in MLB until a few years ago.....so even IF Bonds or anyone else were taking them, it was NOT illegal.

Baseball and the Federal Government have been on a "Witch Hunt" to nail Bonds fore more than 3 years now and guess what? THEY HAVE NOTHING ON HIM!!!

Remember the cream and clear incedent?
Timmy D for MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 12:06 PM   #22
Hotlantadude81
NBA rookie of the year

Hotlantadude81 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmy D for MVP
Oh god, we've got someone else who feels compelled to compare across eras. Let's not forget the mound was closer then, than now. Lets not forget that fences were ridiculously far back then as well in most parks. Come on, are you really gonna compare the early 1900's to now?

If your going to call Ruth the great of all time he should be able to compare to today's players. I'd bet any money I have that Shaq or MJ would have been great in any era of basketball.

It's stupid to say The Babe is the best ever (lncluding guys like Bonds) but yet you can;t compare them due to era's. I have an easier time believing Bonds could hit HR's in those days and be a great fielder than I do any overweight and unathletic Ruth being able to steal 50 bases and be a gold glover fielder these days.
Hotlantadude81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 12:10 PM   #23
0ne50
Local High School Star

0ne50 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasheed1
I think in general, baseball players are punks and have this soft attitude towards the dumbest things...they are whiners and p*ssies who act tough in one instant and whine about something insignificant and downright childish the next

bunch of unwritten rules and backwards ass codes dominate the game and there are only a handful of guys who dont seem caught up in baseballs BASSAKWARDS ways... And Aaron is one of those guys... Unless he gets too hissy over this bonds stuff...

Of course your are not happy if a guy cheats to break your records, but you dont come outta your character over something like that.... Especially if you are somebody as respected as Hank Aaron..

It just looks petty, and it makes Aaron look petty, which is unbecoming of a man as respected as he is
That was right on point.
0ne50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 12:14 PM   #24
0ne50
Local High School Star

0ne50 has an OK reputation so far

All he has to do is just show up wave to the crown and receive his free p*ssy pass for a week. What old man passes up a free p*ssy pass opportunity? I think he thinks that people are going to make it seem like he condoned Barry use of whatever it is they are accusing him of using.
0ne50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 12:25 PM   #25
JtotheIzzo
Cavs eh? Ok then!

JtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

you guys are missing the point

Hank Aaron suffered through repeated threats to his life, took heat from the media, had everyone hating on him and the commisioner didn't even show up when he broke it.

Now you wanna cry because he doesn't care to show up to see cheating ass juiced up surly Barry Bonds break the record?

stfu

Hank Aaron owes the game absolutely nothing. he walked with dignity while the whole world took a dump on his great performance.

He can write his own ticket
JtotheIzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 12:30 PM   #26
Laker4Lyfe
City Of Champions

Laker4Lyfe has an incredible reputation hereLaker4Lyfe has an incredible reputation hereLaker4Lyfe has an incredible reputation hereLaker4Lyfe has an incredible reputation hereLaker4Lyfe has an incredible reputation hereLaker4Lyfe has an incredible reputation hereLaker4Lyfe has an incredible reputation hereLaker4Lyfe has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by JtotheIzzo

Hank Aaron suffered through repeated threats to his life, took heat from the media, had everyone hating on him and the commisioner didn't even show up when he broke it.

Now you wanna cry because he doesn't care to show up to see cheating ass juiced up surly Barry Bonds break the record?

stfu

Hank Aaron owes the game absolutely nothing. he walked with dignity while the whole world took a dump on his great performance.

You speak the truth.
Laker4Lyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 12:33 PM   #27
STelfair31
National High School Star

STelfair31 has decent reputation

Quote:

stfu

WHOO... that ends this convo...
STelfair31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 12:35 PM   #28
bekalc
I brick open layups

bekalc has an OK reputation so far

Quote:

stfu

If it was Ken Griffey/A-rod I wouldn't be suprised if Aaron was there or at least would have made a phone call... I think that just not going is the best way Aaron can go about it... The whole thing is sad because honestly, Bonds is a great/great player. But he still cheated.
bekalc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 12:37 PM   #29
vert48
Can You?

vert48 is considered somewhat coolvert48 is considered somewhat coolvert48 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalMike
I disagree personally... he should not embrace this situation in any way, shape or form. It will always be a tainted record as far as I am concerned.

Hank was doing greenies, so he was also performance enhanced. BOM Syndrome.
vert48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 12:39 PM   #30
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Rasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:

I personally dont care if he shows or not...Baseball is a complete laughinstock and I couldnt care less..I just respect Hank Aaron for what he did in the past...He shouldnt taint it by choosing any sides in this mess..both sides are fuct.. I just dont think he does himself any favors by acting like the rest of the baseball community by playing the "barroid" saga and the rest of the steroid bs...

It just sours his dignified image to see him act petty...

its that "dont deal with fools, people from a distance cant tell who is who" thing...

they all look bad from here... And he will too, because its a bad situation....

baseball's santimonious attitude here doesnt fit and everyone who acts like they know where to draw the line regarding this steroid stuff is just fooling themselves...

Aaron should know better than to join in on something like this....

Last edited by Rasheed1 : 04-30-2007 at 12:42 PM.
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: