Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 04-30-2007, 01:45 PM   #31
CakeorDeath
Local High School Star

CakeorDeath has decent reputation
Default Re: I've lost respect for Hank Aaron

Quote:
Has Bonds EVER tested positive for steroids? NOPE

Has anyone EVER seen Bonds inject himself with any chemicals, hormones or steroids? NOPE

Is there any proof whatsoever that Bonds took anything illegal? NOPE

Heck, steroids and growth hormones weren't even "banned substance" in MLB until a few years ago.....so even IF Bonds or anyone else were taking them, it was NOT illegal.

Baseball and the Federal Government have been on a "Witch Hunt" to nail Bonds fore more than 3 years now and guess what? THEY HAVE NOTHING ON HIM!!!

I truly hope for your sake that you don't still seriously believe that Bonds is clean.

Look at Kirstie Alley 20 years ago and look at Kirstie Alley now and try and tell me that she hasn't been over-eating.

Now, I can't say for sure because I've never actually watched her eat, and I'm not familiar with her regimen of exercise, etc.

I hope you get my point.

Quote:
Hank Aaron suffered through repeated threats to his life, took heat from the media, had everyone hating on him and the commisioner didn't even show up when he broke it.

A man of strength and character. My favorite ball player ever.
CakeorDeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 01:52 PM   #32
SCY
Put yr guns up

SCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputation

Quote:
I think in general, baseball players are punks and have this soft attitude towards the dumbest things...they are whiners and p*ssies who act tough in one instant and whine about something insignificant and downright childish the next

You could have just as easily said this about players in basketball, football, etc. or really people in general.
SCY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 01:57 PM   #33
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Rasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
You could have just as easily said this about players in basketball, football, etc. or really people in general.

baseball players are especially pussified....

they do things like chew and spit and act tough and then whine if a guy stares at his own home run shot for too long...

the whole dynamic between the pitcher and the batter is beyond stupid...Pitcher feels disrespected, he throws the baseball at you, and then the game is basically derailed while pitchers take turns hitting the opponents batters

WTF is that all about?

that is some special idiocy not seen in other sports or walks of life
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 02:04 PM   #34
SCY
Put yr guns up

SCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputation

Quote:
the whole dynamic between the pitcher and the batter is beyond stupid...Pitcher feels disrespected, he throws the baseball at you, and then the game is basically derailed while pitchers take turns hitting the opponents batters

WTF is that all about?

that is some special idiocy not seen in other sports or walks of life

How about a whole team complaining other one ran up the score? Or giving a guy a hard foul for showing you up at the end of a game? Or running into the stands because a guy threw a cup at you?
SCY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 02:24 PM   #35
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Rasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
How about a whole team complaining other one ran up the score? Or giving a guy a hard foul for showing you up at the end of a game? Or running into the stands because a guy threw a cup at you?

lets do them one at a time

*How about a whole team complaining other one ran up the score? - I think this is on par with some of the bullsh*t that goes on in baseball... I think its disingenuous to complain when you get your butt whupped to the point that people think they were running up the score on you...and it takes some nerve to actually come out your face and point the finger at them for running it up when you need to point the finger at your own guys and have them point the finger in the mirror when they stand in front of one..

*Or giving a guy a hard foul for showing you up at the end of a game?Showing you up how? Im not opposed to being physical to an opponent that is being physical with you, but when you basically stop the game to trade "tips for taps" while alls it is doing is hurting the both of you? thats just dumb

*Or running into the stands because a guy threw a cup at you? While not good for your pocket, Im glad Artest did that for one reason...Fans need to learn their place at a sporting event....Same rules apply in the real world...if you throw a drink in my face, imma punch you in your face, very simple equation right there.... fans like to get carried away with the drinking booze and acting stupid..they need to understand what will happen if they get out of pocket too far...

none of this compares to baseball's issues.. the biggest of which is their stupidity... When McGwire and Sosa were hitting a ton of homeruns while obviously on some kind of enhancement, baseball ignored it...Now they have allowed their sport to turn out of control to the point where nobody can achieve anything without coming under scrutiny for steroid abuse.. Sport has totally fallen apart and its their own fault for not being honest with themselves and lettin the game get outta control..Now they talking about astericks and legends are bickering with each other over who belongs in the hall and who should have what next to his accomplishments and who should be kicked out altogether.....its a mess and they have no-one to blame but themselves....
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 02:37 PM   #36
STelfair31
National High School Star

STelfair31 has decent reputation

they still can't prove anythin on Bonds and neither will y'll.... it's all accusations....
STelfair31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 02:42 PM   #37
STelfair31

Quote:
Originally Posted by JtotheIzzo
you guys are missing the point

Hank Aaron suffered through repeated threats to his life, took heat from the media, had everyone hating on him and the commisioner didn't even show up when he broke it.

Now you wanna cry because he doesn't care to show up to see cheating ass juiced up surly Barry Bonds break the record?

stfu

Hank Aaron owes the game absolutely nothing. he walked with dignity while the whole world took a dump on his great performance.

He can write his own ticket

J ended the convo wit this... so just quit postin...
Old 04-30-2007, 02:52 PM   #38
rezznor
Nosetradamus

rezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarik One
I don't think it's a matter of breaking a suspected tainted record, he's just being a cranky old man who doesn't want his record broken. I just find it hyprocritical because of everything he went through during his own hr chase. The MLB commissioner at that time didn't even show up to his ceremony and now 33 years later, Hank is doing the same. Sour grapes to me.
at you comparing what aaron went through to what bonds is. i would be pissed if i was aaron too. i wouldnt want some mutated science project breaking and cheapening my record either
rezznor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 03:00 PM   #39
statman32
NBA Legend

statman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by STelfair31
they still can't prove anythin on Bonds and neither will y'll.... it's all accusations....
He has admitted that he took steriods.
statman32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 03:04 PM   #40
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by JtotheIzzo
you guys are missing the point

Now you wanna cry because he doesn't care to show up to see cheating ass juiced up surly Barry Bonds break the record?

stfu

Hank Aaron owes the game absolutely nothing. he walked with dignity while the whole world took a dump on his great performance.

He can write his own ticket

Awesome post!

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 03:41 PM   #41
STelfair31

yea J ended it..... the best post i've seen yet....

who had the tougher time Jackie Robinson or Hank Aaron??
Old 05-01-2007, 01:37 PM   #42
STelfair31

???
Old 05-01-2007, 02:15 PM   #43
Howard5Dirk41
Banned

Howard5Dirk41 has an OK reputation so far

Telfair31, stick to basketball bro, you are absolutely clueless about baseball.
Howard5Dirk41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 02:17 PM   #44
STelfair31

i play baseball and kno alot about baseball..what you talkin bout??? all i asked was who had the harder time wit off the field issues... Jackie or Hank...
Old 05-01-2007, 02:24 PM   #45
Amigo
Knicks Fan 4 Life

Amigo has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalMike
Wow, I guess most of you don't recognize the magnitude of his accomplishments, without any chemical enhancements, etc.... allegedly.

I totally agree with you. Somebody breaks my record without any controversy surrounding that guy I'd have no problem. Break it in a tainted fashion, like let's say steroids, that's more than a reason to not support or appreciate that feat. If I did it the hard way why support someone doing it the most convenient and easy way?

Now we're making McGuire cry again...
Amigo is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: