Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 05-02-2007, 09:51 AM   #46
STelfair31
National High School Star

STelfair31 has decent reputation
Default Re: I've lost respect for Hank Aaron

who had the harder time wit off the field issues... Jackie or Hank...
STelfair31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 12:55 PM   #47
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotlantadude81
I never got to see Hank play... but I bet a mid-late 90's Bonds is better than Hank and probably better than the Big Slob known as Babe Ruth. Babe Ruth wasn't even a real athlete.

Bonds is a better player than Hank Aaron. Really no debate.

Quote:
The greatest of alltime? Maybe he was the greatest back then.

You think the Babe could be a gold glove outfielder several times these days? You think he could steal 40 or 50 bases nowdays?

Babe Ruth was a 5 tool player, 6 tools if you count him as an ACE pitcher. He dominated his era. An era that didnt have baseball parks designed specifically for hitters. Bonds is a top 5 player of all time and one can make an argument for top 5. Babe Ruth is the MJ of baseball where you'll hear, read arguments saying Babe is the GOAT.

Both are clearly better baseball players than Hank Aaron.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 12:56 PM   #48
STelfair31

Babe Ruth could pitch tho... he was a well rounded player but i put Ted Williams, Hank Aaron ahead of him... Bonds is not much farther behind Babe tho... to me anyway..
Old 05-02-2007, 07:40 PM   #49
NoGunzJustSkillz

NoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I always thought Hank stuck around for a long time chasing that HR record. Took alot more seasons then the Babe. Plus the Babe was a decent pitcher so that gives him a pass for not being athletic.
NoGunzJustSkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 07:52 PM   #50
XxNeXuSxX
The Master Debater

XxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation here

Bonds would have what? 450 homeruns if he didn't take roids? I'd be pretty angry.
XxNeXuSxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 10:24 PM   #51
Spike Spiegel
Local High School Star

Spike Spiegel has decent reputationSpike Spiegel has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Bonds is a better player than Hank Aaron. Really no debate.

And that's what 'roids'll do to ya. Really no debate.
Spike Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 11:56 PM   #52
West-Side
Decent college freshman

West-Side has an OK reputation so far

Hank >> Bonds, and always will be...Hank did it with class, Bonds did it with needles...and I totally support LA, SF, SD...I just lost all respect for Barry Bonds, his name is tainted in my book.

I ain't even paying attention to him right now, could care less about his record...in my book, Hank & Babe are still 1&2...maybe A-Rod or Pujol can one day break it with class.
West-Side is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 12:03 AM   #53
Chalkmaze
Good college starter

Chalkmaze has decent reputationChalkmaze has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by STelfair31
who had the harder time wit off the field issues... Jackie or Hank...

Hmmm... I read a good biography by Arnold Rampersad about Jackie Robinson's life, he's the one that had to face all the challenges before everyone else. Jackie had to go through a lot of ****, but he dealt with it as well as anyone could ever be expected to. There's a reason Jackie was generally considered the athlete of the century... he faced more than any other athlete ever did in this century, he was a special person.

"Rickey was dead-on about the racism. As Sports Illustrated's Bill Nack wrote: "Robinson was the target of racial epithets and flying cleats, of hate letters and death threats, of pitchers throwing at his head and legs, and catchers spitting on his shoes."

Robinson learned how to exercise self-control -- to answer insults, violence and injustice with silence. A model of unselfish team play, he earned the respect of his teammates and, eventually, the opposition."

I don't know enough about Hank to really comment, I've been meaning to pick up his book called "I Had A Hammer".

for the record, I don't even watch or care at all about baseball.

Last edited by Chalkmaze : 05-03-2007 at 12:08 AM.
Chalkmaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 01:11 PM   #54
STelfair31

thanks that was just a question i had about this subject..
Old 05-03-2007, 03:28 PM   #55
Tarik One
NBA rookie of the year

Tarik One is considered somewhat coolTarik One is considered somewhat cool

The many obstacles that Jackie had gone through had a large affect on his relatively early death. He was going blind in his later years also
Tarik One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 06:19 PM   #56
STelfair31

Hank had alot to deal wit tho too...
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: