Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 04-30-2007, 10:58 AM   #1
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default cities to choose from: Baltimore, Charlotte, Atlanta, or Phoenix?

I have been offered teaching jobs in the following cities. I put up a post awhile back about Phoenix, but now, I'm looking for anyone who can give me the scoop on all of the above mentioned cities. Which place is the cheapest? Best school districts? Best place for singles? Safest? Best entertainment? I have never been to any of these places, so any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for the help, my fellow ISH posters!
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 11:19 AM   #2
warriors23
Banned

warriors23 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: cities to choose from: Baltimore, Charlotte, Atlanta, or Phoenix?

i would go to Bmore but they dont have a team so i would go to pheonix
warriors23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 11:27 AM   #3
Ballastic
<////////////}~

Ballastic has an OK reputation so far

I used to live in Durham which isnt too far from Charlotte. I went to visit there during Christmas and its pretty relaxed and laid back. Atlanta has the best strip clubs, so Ive heard. If you still cant decide, draw the names of the cities on a table to resemble a pie then spin a bottle and whichever the bottle points to, go with that. (Saw it on some RV commercial)
Ballastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 11:29 AM   #4
0ne50
Local High School Star

0ne50 has an OK reputation so far

I'm from B more. It's a nice place if you can avoid the inner city (Think: The Wire). Warning: They call this place "charm city". I ask people who come here from out of town what they think of the city. And they say the we Baltimoreans could use a little more hospitality. I would agree with that. It's cheap to live here though. The good thing about the people here, everybody is a comedian, people here will have you laughing your ass off. They downtown area and night life gets high grades from out of towners. As far as the kids you'll be teaching, they are the least hospitable.
0ne50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 11:39 AM   #5
different107
National High School Star

different107 has decent reputation

What do you teach?
different107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 11:48 AM   #6
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0ne50
I'm from B more. It's a nice place if you can avoid the inner city (Think: The Wire). Warning: They call this place "charm city". I ask people who come here from out of town what they think of the city. And they say the we Baltimoreans could use a little more hospitality. I would agree with that. It's cheap to live here though. The good thing about the people here, everybody is a comedian, people here will have you laughing your ass off. They downtown area and night life gets high grades from out of towners. As far as the kids you'll be teaching, they are the least hospitable.

Actually, the district that offered me a job is in the inner city, and the offered me a TON of incentives. I am certified to teach K-8
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 12:00 PM   #7
0ne50
Local High School Star

0ne50 has an OK reputation so far

Well if I could take a guess, teaching is your passion. And if that is true you will eventually soften the kids up. Kids here are good judges of character if a person is a phoney they'll be hard on him. What I mean about the inner city; I would'nt hang out there if I were you, trouble will find you. Plenty of good hang out spot on the out skirts of the city.
0ne50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 01:02 PM   #8
JayGuevara
Hellbound

JayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

If you go to Baltimore or ATL you're gonna be Samuel L Jackson in 187, remember that movie? lol

Charlotte I know absolutely nothing about, but I'd go with Phoenix, as even in the winter it's still warm, no snow, and as a teacher you get your summers off so you can leave when it's gettin into the 120's an **** in the middle of July. Although they do got scorpions and snakes and **** in Arizona.
JayGuevara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 01:13 PM   #9
rezznor
Nosetradamus

rezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Phoenix
rezznor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 01:59 PM   #10
B-Low
The Love B-Low

B-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Depends on where you're from...like you know a lotta people would want to see something new/different.

Personally i'd pick phoenix. My gf lives in New Mexico which is absolutely beautiful so I'm guessing Arizona wouldn't be much different. Plus you get nice weather, no natural disasters, hot spanish women lol...yeah i'd def. pick Phoenix
B-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: