Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 05-09-2007, 06:45 PM   #136
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board
Default Re: NFL DRAFT: Grade your team and division.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Jerome Mcdougle DE is gonna be cut.

After that? Not sure. Seems the Eagles are set....i dont see them adding anyone after june 1rst cuts...They are set barring injury.
How's the LB situation?? I know they did bad last year defensively against the run.... Shawn Barber walked away, they cut Dhani Jones... I know you drafted a LB and got Takeo Spikes... Not familiar with there depth chart. I know you signed a couple of DT's is that enough?
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 06:48 PM   #137
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by dak121
Philly Sal Paolantonio: McNabb should know this is just how Philly rolls

Looks like Philly has already decided on McNabb's eventual replacement. I'll make an easy prediction:

When Philly fails to reach the Super Bowl, McNabb will find himself playing for his hometown team this time next year. Grossman is going to be mediocre again and the Bears will not resign him next offseason. Instead they'll trade for McNabb knowing that their window has been shortened by another season of bad QB play.

Mcnabb is going nowhere no time soon. The rookie has to learn a system called the West Coast Offense...he never ran a pro offense in college. Kid will be learning for atleast 4yrs. By that time if the kid during that span has even showed promise will Mcnabbs job be up for grabs. Hopefully this Kolb character is a potential franchise QB or it was such a wasted pick. They could have drafted Brian Dawkins replacement with that pick.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 07:09 PM   #138
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameek
How's the LB situation?? I know they did bad last year defensively against the run.... Shawn Barber walked away, they cut Dhani Jones... I know you drafted a LB and got Takeo Spikes... Not familiar with there depth chart. I know you signed a couple of DT's is that enough?

Its a a question mark. Trotter could lose his job if he plays how he did last year. Didnt play bad but didnt hold down the MLB position like he has in the past and should have last year. Seemed to regress a tad. The OLB who replaces that bum Dhani Jones was a rookie last season. Think they took him 3rd or 4th round...DE in college but he didnt have the size to play it in the NFL but was athletic/had speed so Jim Johnson def coordinator converted him to OLB...he said a year learning the position he believes he is ready to START. So Chris Gocong is his name...I've never seen him because he hardly ever played as a rookie (much like the rookies of this class wont play much). Jim is on his nut sac. Takeo has the other side solidified. His job isnt threatened but if Trotter doesnt show improvement? Omar Gaither who came on last season and is the teams MLB in nickel situations is said to be pushing for Trotters starting job via Jim Johnson.

Gocong-D.Roper-S.Bradley (rookie)
Trotter-O.Gaither
Spikes-Matt McCoy

LB unit. Also Sheldon Brown job is on the line....Jim Johnson made it known that Will James formerly Will Peterson of the NYG is a favorite of his and has been playing great. He's why they didnt resign Rod Hood. And when asked who Brian Dawkins replacement would be since they didnt draft one? He said Sheldon can play FS. So eh, thats the word around town here. Jim Johnson loves what he has. Broderick Bunkley the rookie who hardly played last season out of FSU is starting in Darwin Walkers place. Should be interesting to see how he performs. High pick, better live up to the hype. (Seems every athletic DT is compared to W.Sapp).

DE-Kearse/T.Cole-V.Abiamiri (rookie)
DT-Mike Patterson-Rayburn-Ramsey (undrafted rookie last yr)
DT-Bunkley-Montae Reagor
DE-D.Howard-J.Thomas-J.McDougle

Word is McDougle the BUST will be cut...Eagles gave extensions to Cole and Thomas who are solid DE's and will keep the rookie as the 5th DE. Bye Bye McDougle. And one DT will be cut...Sam Rayburn is gonna be the odd man out due to age. LaJuan Ramsey is young out of USC entering his 2nd year. Eagles love young players with potential.

Secondary is

CB Lito Sheppard-J.Hansen (bum)-Barksdale (rookie)
CB Sheldon Brown-Will James-CJ Gaddis (rookie)

FS-B.Dawkins-Q.Mikell
SS-S.Consadine (drafted 4th round in 05, team likes him. eh)

Not a bad unit if the blitz scheme works...meaning if our OLBs can provide much need pressure we'll be fine. Dhani gave none and stunk in coverage. The pressure will depend on how well the secondary plays (especially if healthy. Lito was injured for a few games).

I'm not happy with no replacement to groom for B.Dawk nor am I sold on Consadine...he plays a position where his run D is needed and he struggled last year. Missing tackles, trying to throw hard hits and players bouncing off it. He had his great moments but he had his notable bad...so he is a question mark.

I like the defense if everyone is healthy...with T.Spikes, J.Kearse, D.Howard, L.Sheppard...will they be healthy? Will the young guns starting step up? We'll see. Thats why I wanted Brandon Meriweather S out of Miami. They loust out on that pick so I figured they were moving down to grab a Safety...if not a WR (I'm a big Steve Smith USC WR fan). Nope. A phucking QB.

Only pick that could be given action is Tony Hunt. Love that pick. But the WR core? I've seen worst (Torrance small, Charles Johnson) but geeze. I'd like a friggin threat instead of going with unknowns and guys with question marks (Reggie being a #1 WR). Even tho Eagles offense doesnt use one WR...spread it to RB, TE (LJ Smith in a contract year so he might pump stats), WR but still...Reggie Brown and Kevin Curtis are the 1 and 2. If I was a CB...I'm not afraid.
Old 05-09-2007, 07:50 PM   #139
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Carbine has decent reputationCarbine has decent reputation

Quote:
Sidenote: Carbine...you're gonna be a big gan of Gonzalez the rookie. Just you watch.

Why? Because some know-it-all sports writer makes a column saying how valuable having a good slot receiver is?

No thanks.

We don't need help in the pass-catching department. Not with a good OL, two good pass catching TE & two great receivers with Peyton getting them the ball. That part of the game is A+ for us.

That pick should have went to somebody else. A guy that Arizona had the fortune of drafting.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 08:09 PM   #140
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbine
Why? Because some know-it-all sports writer makes a column saying how valuable having a good slot receiver is?

No thanks.

We don't need help in the pass-catching department. Not with a good OL, two good pass catching TE & two great receivers with Peyton getting them the ball. That part of the game is A+ for us.

That pick should have went to somebody else. A guy that Arizona had the fortune of drafting.

Alan Branch is not the type of DT Tony Dungy drafts. Branch is a 2 gap DT, Dungy has always taken 1 gap DTs. Wouldnt have been a good fit. Colts dont run the scheme for it.

And Gonazlez can flat out catch. He was a better WR than Ginn Jr. He always made big catches. You'll see.
Old 05-09-2007, 08:12 PM   #141
-primetime-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbine

No thanks.

I thought that Branch was the obvious pick there myself....I still can't believe he didn't go in the first round
Old 05-09-2007, 08:25 PM   #142
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Originally Posted by -primetime-
I thought that Branch was the obvious pick there myself....I still can't believe he didn't go in the first round

Because his work ethic was questionable, came to his pro day workouts out of shape/not in good condition, reportedly has 2 stress fractures in both legs but the argument from his camp they are "shin splints". A handful of teams verified the reports as true. Eh, either way he has had numerous red flags dropping his stock.

Probably should have returned for his senior season.
Old 05-09-2007, 08:35 PM   #143
-primetime-

Quote:
Because his work ethic was questionable, came to his pro day workouts out of shape/not in good condition, reportedly has 2 stress fractures in both legs but the argument from his camp they are "shin splints". A handful of teams verified the reports as true. Eh, either way he has had numerous red flags dropping his stock.

Probably should have returned for his senior season.
well I guess that would make sense then...
Old 05-10-2007, 12:42 AM   #144
SCREWstonRockets
Houston Texan

SCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected posterSCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected posterSCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected posterSCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected poster

HOUSTON TEXANS - C

Another draft, another defensive player in the 1st round. All these defensive selections in the past years and nothing really to show. Who knows, maybe having Amobi on the line makes Williams play better and the Texans could be a Top 10 defensive team? (reaching perhaps, optimistic view) Had Quinn in our laps but we have Schuab now so that is an understandable pass. We've seen much worse "pass ups" from this team. I would have loved for them to grab Kolb in the 2nd round as insurance but we gave our pick away in the Schuab trade. Raw WR chosen in the 3rd. Possibly play maker, we'll see.

With the Rockets gone, the Texans are the only thing I'm looking forward to. I feel we made some decent moves this offseason. Although, I find it funny that we got rid of our two guys we were suppose to build around (carr,williams) and got two completely new guys (schuab,green) with one of them still unproven. I'm predicting 8 wins but only IF Schuab brings his game. If not, it could be another loooong season for the Texans.
SCREWstonRockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 05:12 PM   #145
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
I get your point but let me ask you this....If they had cut Keyshawn before the draft do you think that thier draft would have been the same?...or do you think they would have taken a WR in the first round instead of praying that Jarrett falls to them in the 2nd?

I will give you top ten at best...

http://www.nfl.com/stats/leaders/NFL/REC/2006/regular

http://www.nfl.com/stats/leaders/NFL...S/2006/regular

http://www.nfl.com/stats/leaders/NFL...S/2006/regular

Bump
Old 05-28-2007, 05:42 PM   #146
0ne50
Local High School Star

0ne50 has an OK reputation so far

Patriots DE Marquise Hill was found by the Coast Guard dead today. He and a female had a jet ski accident. he was drafted in 2004, he played for LSU in college.
0ne50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 05:43 PM   #147
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0ne50
Patriots DE Marquise Hill was found by the Coast Guard dead today. He and a female had a jet ski accident. he was drafted in 2004, he played for LSU in college.

Yeah just saw on tv about 20mins ago. Messed up.
Old 05-28-2007, 05:51 PM   #148
-primetime-

Quote:
the only Carolina game I watched last year was Carolina vs. Dallas

Newman owned Smith and completely shut him down

I guess that is why I don't think as highly of him as you guys do...

I know he is great and probably top 5...but there are so many great WRs out there right now that at this point it is basically just a pure matter of opinoin who is the best because there really isn't a stand out best right now...there are about 6 to 8 WRs that are all very talented in thier own ways and there really isn't much proof as to who is better than another. 2 years ago T.O. was considered the premiere WR in the NFL...now most people wouldn't put him in thier top ten...
bump

I wasn't aware he was injured thus bringing down his stats

you know that Gobb...nice try though
Old 05-28-2007, 05:59 PM   #149
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
bump

I wasn't aware he was injured thus bringing down his stats

you know that Gobb...nice try though

The fact is you dont watch him. You only watch the Dallas Cowboys and fail to pay attention to other teams. This is exposed when you speak on the NFL in general and comment on your team hence "Cowboys have 3 great WRs". Saying Steve Smith is probably top 5 is hilarious and even moreso to claim some people wouldnt rank TO top 10. Those that do dont watch football and rank according to personal like. Quite obvious his antics is what ranks him lower not his production and overall skills as a WR (something you lack a clue on).

Educate yourself some more. And there is proof when seperating WR's much like there is proof Duncan is better than KG and Dirk making it a FACT. Another thing you were proven wrong by (and not just me).
Old 05-28-2007, 06:08 PM   #150
-primetime-

Quote:
The fact is you dont watch him. You only watch the Dallas Cowboys and fail to pay attention to other teams. This is exposed when you speak on the NFL in general and comment on your team hence "Cowboys have 3 great WRs". Saying Steve Smith is probably top 5 is hilarious and even moreso to claim some people wouldnt rank TO top 10. Those that do dont watch football and rank according to personal like. Quite obvious his antics is what ranks him lower not his production and overall skills as a WR (something you lack a clue on).

Educate yourself some more. And there is proof when seperating WR's much like there is proof Duncan is better than KG and Dirk making it a FACT. Another thing you were proven wrong by (and not just me).
I am a member of 3 football forums

in my eyes NFL > NBA

trust me when I tell you that there are PLENTY of people that don't feel T.O. is a top ten WR....I have argued it 100 times

they come with excuses like "he leads the NFL in drops" or "he is a locker room cancer"..."he didn't make the pro-bowl"

I made the coment that there are 6 to 8 WRs you could make a case for as being the best and if I recall you agreed with that....so don't make it seem ridiculas to fathom that Smith may not be considered top 5 by some...(and I already quoted myself saying he is top 5 anyway, you have proved nothing)
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: