Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-30-2007, 04:42 PM   #16
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies
 
GOBB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Illadelph live 215
Posts: 50,734
Default Re: NFL DRAFT: Grade your team and division.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -primetime-
as for the Eagles "had" to take a QB????...what the hell are you talking about? they could have waited till the 3rd round or even later...in fact they could have waited another 3 years or later...if they just needed a back-up for McNabb then they could have snagged Troy Smith in the 4th

I already said they reached drafting a QB with thier first pick...and the only reason they traded thier first rounder was to be cheap so they dont gotta pay top dollar in the first round. Especially when thier "guys" were taken.

Eagles had to draft a QB this draft! Thats what i said, thats what was meant! I never said they had to take a QB first round or with the first pick. And no they couldnt have waited 3yrs to draft a young QB because a young QB needs time to play in the system Eagles use. Getting a QB now in 4yrs that young QB will be seasoned to step in. And with Mcnabb getting injured who knows if he gets injured again this season, next or the following? Wake up. They havent drafted a young QB to groom for Mcnabb in awhile.

Last edited by GOBB : 04-30-2007 at 04:44 PM.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 04:44 PM   #17
-primetime-
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: NFL DRAFT: Grade your team and division.

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazy k
Miami Dolphins: C+

Ted Ginn Jr has some potential, but we could have gotten Brady Quinn. Good thing we got John Beck in the 2nd.

yeah...Ginn going at the number 9 spot might have been the biggest shocker of the draft...

Indy gets an F imo...

the only spot they had to fix was thier run defense, Alan Branch fell all the way to the #32 spot (the best run stopper in the draft) and they passed on him for a WR when they already have 2 of the best WRs in the NFL....RETARDED
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 04:46 PM   #18
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies
 
GOBB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Illadelph live 215
Posts: 50,734
Default Re: NFL DRAFT: Grade your team and division.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -primetime-
yeah...Ginn going at the number 9 spot might have been the biggest shocker of the draft...

Indy gets an F imo...

the only spot they had to fix was thier run defense, Alan Branch fell all the way to the #32 spot (the best run stopper in the draft) and they passed on him for a WR when they already have 2 of the best WRs in the NFL....RETARDED

Indy needed a slot WR. They needed a 3rd WR and Gonzalez does exaxctly what the Colts need. Not a bad pick at all...it was a very good pick and you'll hear about that kid next year. Watch.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 04:47 PM   #19
-primetime-
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: NFL DRAFT: Grade your team and division.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
I already said they reached drafting a QB with thier first pick...and the only reason they traded thier first rounder was to be cheap so they dont gotta pay top dollar in the first round. Especially when thier "guys" were taken.

Eagles had to draft a QB this draft! Thats what i said, thats what was meant! I never said they had to take a QB first round or with the first pick. And no they couldnt have waited 3yrs to draft a young QB because a young QB needs time to play in the system Eagles use. Getting a QB now in 4yrs that young QB will be seasoned to step in. And with Mcnabb getting injured who knows if he gets injured again this season, next or the following? Wake up. They havent drafted a young QB to groom for Mcnabb in awhile.

it is called free agentcy....and it is the reason the Cowboys never draft a WR
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 04:49 PM   #20
-primetime-
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: NFL DRAFT: Grade your team and division.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Indy needed a slot WR. They needed a 3rd WR and Gonzalez does exaxctly what the Colts need. Not a bad pick at all...it was a very good pick and you'll hear about that kid next year. Watch.

Branch was expected to go around #15....he would have been perfect for Indy...much more meaningful than a WR...and you are right, people will probably hear about him but that is only because it is the defendeing champs and they are going to be deep in the play-offs next year
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 04:49 PM   #21
LiL Stevie
Decent college freshman
 
LiL Stevie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,897
Default Re: NFL DRAFT: Grade your team and division.

Dallas Cowboys get a B.

First day was great. Second day was just okay, nothing special. Cowboys address the need of another pass rusher by drafting Spencer and also get a 1st rounder for next year which should be top 15. They addressed the offensive line depth by drafting tackles James Marten and Doug Free. Last year's criticism was that they needed O-Line help but waited until the 6th and 7th rounds to address it. This year they did it a little earlier. The wildcard is Isiah Stanbeck. If he can contribute and turns out to be like Michael Robinson with the 49ers, that will really be good. Drafting the kicker Nick Folk was kinda They say they will use him for kickoffs but if you're gonna go kicker, why not get the better kicker prospect, Mason Crosby?
LiL Stevie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 04:50 PM   #22
Jerz Netz
Local High School Star
 
Jerz Netz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Exit 136
Posts: 1,799
Default Re: NFL DRAFT: Grade your team and division.

I'll give the Giants a C-

1st pick of Aaron Ross was pretty good i guess. I was hoping that we traded up so we could get Reevis or that Leon Hall fell to us. only 2 picks away ****in bengals

Steve Smith is decent. Guess they picked him to replace Toomer in a few years. Sinorice Moss did nothin last year tho

another DT in Jay Alford? Cmon

Finally picked an OT,Zak DeOssie, in the 4th round. hes who's supposed to start

Didnt take a kicker. Shouldve taken Joe Staley

I miss u already Tiki
Jerz Netz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 04:51 PM   #23
IlliniFan
Very good NBA starter
 
IlliniFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: NOVA
Posts: 8,024
Default Re: NFL DRAFT: Grade your team and division.

Jaguars - B

Traded down and still got the player they wanted in safety Reggie Nelson. Picked up a high risk/high reward guy in Justin Durant. Hes athletically just as good as some of the 1st round LB's just hasn't played with the same type competition.

Bears - C+

Got the tight end the needed in Olsen but I think they should have jumped on the Redskins trade offer and gotten rid of disgruntled LB Lance Briggs. It will be a disaster if he sits out half the season and plays with no motivation.
IlliniFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 04:51 PM   #24
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies
 
GOBB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Illadelph live 215
Posts: 50,734
Default Re: NFL DRAFT: Grade your team and division.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -primetime-
it is called free agentcy....and it is the reason the Cowboys never draft a WR

Thats called retarded. You nor I know who is gonna be available in the future. And to land a franchise QB it takes BIG BUCKS to do. Eagles want to invest in a QB they raised, they groomed from the ground up. So try again.

Dallas is dumb for not drafting a WR based on free agency. Throwing away money for what? Its all about the NFL draft when building teams not free agency. Seems you got shyt all backwards...but you're a Dallas fan. I am not surprised.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 04:54 PM   #25
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies
 
GOBB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Illadelph live 215
Posts: 50,734
Default Re: NFL DRAFT: Grade your team and division.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -primetime-
Branch was expected to go around #15....he would have been perfect for Indy...much more meaningful than a WR...and you are right, people will probably hear about him but that is only because it is the defendeing champs and they are going to be deep in the play-offs next year

A 3rd WR was more of a need than a DT when they have Raheem Brock, Booger McFarland and Dan Klecko. They have thier DT rotation...they dont have a #3 WR.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 04:56 PM   #26
-primetime-
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: NFL DRAFT: Grade your team and division.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiL Stevie
Dallas Cowboys get a B.

First day was great. Second day was just okay, nothing special. ?

I don't see how anyone can grade the 2nd day for any team....it is all luck

sometimes a pro-bowler comes out of the late rounds....and sometimes they don't even make the roster...it is ungradable imo until 2 or 3 years down the road

the fact that the Cowboys were able to take Spencer and manage to pick up a free first round pick for next year out weighs any mistakes they could have possibly made in the 4th-7th rounds...it was a genius move that should have been made 5 picks before Dallas
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 04:59 PM   #27
-primetime-
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: NFL DRAFT: Grade your team and division.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Thats called retarded. You nor I know who is gonna be available in the future. And to land a franchise QB it takes BIG BUCKS to do. Eagles want to invest in a QB they raised, they groomed from the ground up. So try again.

Dallas is dumb for not drafting a WR based on free agency. Throwing away money for what? Its all about the NFL draft when building teams not free agency. Seems you got shyt all backwards...but you're a Dallas fan. I am not surprised.

dallas has 3 great WRs...we could have taken one in the 5th round or something but oh well...he would have ended up being a #5 WR that never gets the ball

and there is nothing retarded about free agency...every team does it and every team has to do it
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 05:04 PM   #28
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness
 
Jailblazers7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 21,357
Default Re: NFL DRAFT: Grade your team and division.

Steelers- Im stuck between a C+ and a B-. We did get long term replacements for Joey Porter with our first two picks in taking Timmons and Woodley. We also got Matt Spaeth from Minnesota who can form a nice pass catching TE duo with Heath Miller. Other than that the draft was just blah. I would have liked to see us get some help on the O-Line and in the Secondary.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 05:05 PM   #29
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies
 
GOBB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Illadelph live 215
Posts: 50,734
Default Re: NFL DRAFT: Grade your team and division.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -primetime-
dallas has 3 great WRs...we could have taken one in the 5th round or something but oh well...he would have ended up being a #5 WR that never gets the ball

and there is nothing retarded about free agency...every team does it and every team has to do it

3 great WR's? Please name them.

Free agency fills in holes or pieces of a puzzle that are missing/damaged. It doesnt build the puzzle. So basically you build a franchise thru the draft not free agency. So ignoring to draft a QB because you can sign one in free agency is RETARDED. Dallas didnt build thier defense via the free agency. Where did they do it primetime? Where did they get thier starting QB primetime??? Thier TE??? Smarten up.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 05:07 PM   #30
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies
 
GOBB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Illadelph live 215
Posts: 50,734
Default Re: NFL DRAFT: Grade your team and division.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -primetime-
I don't see how anyone can grade the 2nd day for any team....it is all luck

sometimes a pro-bowler comes out of the late rounds....and sometimes they don't even make the roster...it is ungradable imo until 2 or 3 years down the road

You can say that about the first day picks.

Heck you can say that about the entire draft class (gotta wait 2-3yrs down the road). You can grade the 2nd day just like the first because the 2nd day produces talent just as well. Need a list or will it hit you and you say "You're right GOBB"

2005 2nd day Eagles drafted Sean Considine, Todd Herramans, Trent Cole. Thats a starting Safety, LG and a backup DE who was extended this past season.

Last edited by GOBB : 04-30-2007 at 05:10 PM.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:57 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy