Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 04-30-2007, 05:10 PM   #31
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: NFL DRAFT: Grade your team and division.

Quote:
Baltimore - This is my team right here. I give them a B- cause they had little to work with and addressed a need. Plus Grubbs complements their off season signing of last year's Steve McNair and this year's Willis McGehee. They also drafted a returner. That's the one I don't get. I would have liked to see them get another cornerback via the draft. I don't think there was much to choose from though. I not in love with the Troy Smith pick though. The Ravens have better luck with signing free agent QBs then acquiring them through the draft.

I dont really know about this pick for the Ravens but i think it is a good situation for Troy Smith to come into. He can be mentored by McNair for a year or two and can then get an opportunity to step up and be the man.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 05:12 PM   #32
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Carbine has decent reputationCarbine has decent reputation

I give a huge thumbs up for Minnesota. Picking up AP is the best thing that franchise has done in a long time.

As for the Colts.. they could have done worse. At the same token they could have done better. Gonzo is a guy that might become a nice slot reciever, but he doesn't have the size I would like to see. At only 6'0 he doesn't create much of a matchup problem and his speed is okay, but nothing to write home about. Apparently his hands & route running are above average, but we'll see.

Branch should have been picked in my opinion. The current rotation of the DT's are average, however with the addition of Branch it could have made an impact possibly making them a decent team against the run on a consistent week-to-week basis.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 05:12 PM   #33
-primetime-

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
3 great WR's? Please name them.

Where did they get thier starting QB primetime??? Thier TE??? Smarten up.

Owens
Glenn
Crayton

all three are great....and with owens hand getting repaired and no Bledsoe to deal with Owens should have a monster season next year...

Romo was not drafted and before you tell me to smarten up you might want to make sure your own posts are acurate ok dumb fu-ck?
Old 04-30-2007, 05:13 PM   #34
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

When was Pat Watkins, Chris Canty, Marion Barber, Patrick Crayton and Bradie James drafted? Come on bruh.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 05:14 PM   #35
-primetime-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbine

Branch should have been picked in my opinion. The current rotation of the DT's are average, however with the addition of Branch it could have made an impact possibly making them a decent team against the run on a consistent week-to-week basis.

Thank you...

good to know I am not the only one that thinks it was riduculas for Indy to pass on Branch
Old 04-30-2007, 05:14 PM   #36
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Carbine has decent reputationCarbine has decent reputation

I suppose the term 'great' is thrown around loosely around these parts.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 05:15 PM   #37
-primetime-

Quote:
When was Pat Watkins, Chris Canty, Marion Barber, Patrick Crayton and Bradie James drafted? Come on bruh.

you left out

Roy Williams
Terrance Newman
Demarcus Ware

we got some great players from past drafts...what is your piont?
Old 04-30-2007, 05:16 PM   #38
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by -primetime-
Owens
Glenn
Crayton

all three are great....and with owens hand getting repaired and no Bledsoe to deal with Owens should have a monster season next year...

Romo was not drafted and before you tell me to smarten up you might want to make sure your own posts are acurate ok dumb fu-ck?

Crayton is GREAT? Clueless as a mofo.

Tony Romo wasnt drafted he was a unsigned rookie free agent in 2003 who sat on the bench because Sean Payton saw talent. 3yrs to groom. Smarten up kid.
Old 04-30-2007, 05:16 PM   #39
-primetime-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbine
I suppose the term 'great' is thrown around loosely around these parts.

Crayton is an above average WR if that is what you are questioning
Old 04-30-2007, 05:17 PM   #40
-primetime-

Quote:
Crayton is GREAT? Clueless as a mofo.

Tony Romo wasnt drafted he was a unsigned rookie free agent in 2003 who sat on the bench because Sean Payton saw talent. 3yrs to groom. Smarten up kid.

Crayton is cluch

and yes Romo was a walk on...THAT WAS MY PIONT JACK ASS...you said he was drafted....now go jerk off to a video of McNabb throwing up during the super bowl
Old 04-30-2007, 05:18 PM   #41
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
you left out

Roy Williams
Terrance Newman
Demarcus Ware

we got some great players from past drafts...what is your piont?

Quote:
I don't see how anyone can grade the 2nd day for any team....it is all luck

sometimes a pro-bowler comes out of the late rounds....and sometimes they don't even make the roster...it is ungradable imo until 2 or 3 years down the road

Quote:
You can grade the 2nd day just like the first because the 2nd day produces talent just as well

Old 04-30-2007, 05:22 PM   #42
-primetime-

Quote:

I don't know what you are getting at here...the first day is five times more important than the second day and to grade a teams draft should be 95% based of the first day...

yes...decent players have come out of later rounds but it is hard to grade them until they have proven themselves....first day players are somewhat already proven in a way...yes they can be a bust but it is much more likely for a player to be a bust in the 2nd day...I will bet that every first round pick will at least make the teams roster and you can't say that about day 2
Old 04-30-2007, 05:22 PM   #43
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Crayton is cluch

and yes Romo was a walk on...THAT WAS MY PIONT JACK ASS...you said he was drafted....now go jerk off to a video of McNabb throwing up during the super bowl

An undrafted ROOKIE free agent...he is now the starting QB. Dallas doesnt have to go out in free agency and spend big bucks on a starting QB. Thats money saved that can be used to fill in holes ie like they did with Wrs.

But the makeup of your roster is from the draft. Thats a fac you cant deny. Because its also a FACT that teams are build via the draft. First day AND 2nd day draft picks count. They are to be graded as a whole.

Arizona got 2 gems in Breaston and B.Patrick. A great returner who can play WR and a TE who was highly touted as a top 3 TE prospect. You dont build teams thru the free agency pool...its built via the DRAFT.

Thats why the Eagles need to DRAFT a QB and not sit and wait for free agency in the future to sign one. Thats retarded. You either get a clue and smarten up or just admit you goofed, jumped the gun got shot. I'll rush you to the hospitol to get patched up.
Old 04-30-2007, 05:28 PM   #44
-primetime-

Quote:

Thats why the Eagles need to DRAFT a QB and not sit and wait for free agency in the future to sign one. Thats retarded. You either get a clue and smarten up or just admit you goofed, jumped the gun got shot. I'll rush you to the hospitol to get patched up.

blah blah about building through the draft...I nver argued that

this is about Philly taking a QB and I disagree that they needed to draft one

how much longer do you think McNabb has?

the Raiders need a QB...the Browns need a QB...THE EAGLES HAVE A QB

the Cowboys needed a QB so they drafted Aikman...Bledsoe retired so they picked up Brad Johnson...the great QBs of today are dafted when they are needed with the exception of Brady...(peyton, rivers, Eli, McNabb, ect.)

if they want to "groom" Kolb for the next 6 years until McNabb retires is beyond retared...
Old 04-30-2007, 05:32 PM   #45
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
I don't know what you are getting at here...the first day is five times more important than the second day and to grade a teams draft should be 95% based of the first day...

No it shouldnt be based on the first day. And its rarely ever done that way. If thats how you grade drafts? So be it. But notice there arent others doing the same. For every 19 people who grade the entire draft there is 1 you who feel the first day is more important to draft. I mean i can be a prick and say grading drafts is stupid because you have to wait til they played/produced to actually give a grade. Giving an A today maybe be a D tomorrow. So lets cut out the nonsense here...next time you feel first days are important you state "In my opinion this is how i grade the draft...". Because we all grade the draft on its entirety. Period.

Quote:
yes...decent players have come out of later rounds but it is hard to grade them until they have proven themselves

And the same can be said about first day picks. WTF did Jerome McDougle do for the Eagles? First round pick. WTF did Broderick Bunkley do for the Eagles? Last years first round pick.

Dude the Eagles first day picks have rarely stepped in and impacted, produced, proven themselves. It always took them atleast one year.

2006 first day picks for the Birds. DT Bunkley, LT W.Justice, DE/OLB C.Gocong

They did nothing last season but Bunkley and Gocong are expected to do something this upcoming season

2005 first day picks for the Birds DT Mike Patterson, WR Reggie Brown, OLB Mat McCoy

Only Reggie Brown saw action on the field. His 2nd yr he was supposed to prove he was a #1 WR. As of today? He hasnt proven that. But the other two? Saw no action thier rookie seasons...2nd year they did.

I'll stop there but dont act like first day picks always step in and play, produce, prove themselves. They dont. The first day is where you can grab the top talent...that i will agree on. But for me to not count the 2nd day with the 1rst day is silly. There are 7 rounds for a reason.

Quote:
....first day players are somewhat already proven in a way...yes they can be a bust but it is much more likely for a player to be a bust in the 2nd day...I will bet that every first round pick will at least make the teams roster and you can't say that about day 2

Because first round picks get big bucks, guranteed money. You can gurantee the first round pick will make the teams roster before a 2nd round pick.

That was stupid of you.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: