Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 04-30-2007, 07:39 PM   #1
D-Wade
Great college starter

D-Wade has an OK reputation so far
Default Bernard Hopkins vs Winky Wright ''July light heavyweight world title fight''

Anyone else looking forward to this fight, its going to be an excellent fight indeed.

discuss.
D-Wade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 08:44 PM   #2
knicks15
Local High School Star

knicks15 has decent reputation
Default Re: Bernard Hopkins vs Winky Wright ''July light heavyweight world title fight''

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Wade
Anyone else looking forward to this fight, its going to be an excellent fight indeed.

discuss.

yup but it seems like theyre both a lil past their primes
knicks15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 08:46 PM   #3
D-Wade
Great college starter

Default Re: Bernard Hopkins vs Winky Wright ''July light heavyweight world title fight''

Quote:
Originally Posted by knicks15
yup but it seems like theyre both a lil past their primes

The exacutioner still has it big time. Did you see his last fight against the unbeaten light heavyweight champ Antonio Tarver?
Old 04-30-2007, 08:53 PM   #4
knicks15
Local High School Star

Quote:
The exacutioner still has it big time. Did you see his last fight against the unbeaten light heavyweight champ Antonio Tarver?

true, hes still good, at least the last time he fought. but that was also a year ago and hes 42 years old. im not so sure about tarver anyway, he hasnt really fought anyone besides roy. hopkins looked ok vs j taylor but lost both those fights cuz he didnt do anything for the first half of the fights. and tarver was not unbeaten. hes lost to roy, glen johnson and a couple others.

with that said, i would still love to see them fight. a year or 2 ago i thought winky was right up there with floyd as the pound for pound king. i guess we'll see if hes still up there.

theres 4 or 5 big fights comin up. this should be good.

Last edited by knicks15 : 04-30-2007 at 08:57 PM.
Old 04-30-2007, 09:01 PM   #5
D-Wade
Great college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by knicks15
true, hes still good, at least the last time he fought. but that was also a year ago and hes 42 years old. im not so sure about tarver anyway, he hasnt really fought anyone besides roy. hopkins looked ok vs j taylor both lost both those fights cuz he didnt do anything for the first half of the fights. and tarver was not unbeaten. hes lost to roy, glen johnson and a couple others.

I ment since champ. But even then he lost to Glen Johnson by a UD but the loss was questonable, many thought that he should of won the fight. In his rematch with Johnson he didnt give the judges a chance to rob him again by winning with UD. He has beat a few good fighters. Montell Griffin, Roy Jones, Glen Johnson.
Old 04-30-2007, 09:03 PM   #6
knicks15
Local High School Star

yeah but montell griffin was washed up at that point, so was roy, and glen johnson is only known for beating a washed up roy as well. then again doesnt really matter cuz hopkins took him apart anyway
Old 04-30-2007, 09:04 PM   #7
fatboy11
NBA sixth man of the year

fatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected poster

Winky Wright is a good fighter. Jermain Taylor was lucky to come away with a draw in that fight.
fatboy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 09:07 PM   #8
D-Wade
Great college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatboy11
Winky Wright is a good fighter. Jermain Taylor was lucky to come away with a draw in that fight.

Winkys defense is simply amazing. Did you see him in his fight with tito. I for sure thought that Felix 'tito' Trinidad would win the fight.
Old 05-01-2007, 01:56 AM   #9
Done_And_Done
D & D

Done_And_Done is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDone_And_Done is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDone_And_Done is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDone_And_Done is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDone_And_Done is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDone_And_Done is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDone_And_Done is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDone_And_Done is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDone_And_Done is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDone_And_Done is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDone_And_Done is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

discuss.

Yea man, im stokked...

I honestly do not believe that theres another man currently living on the face of the earth with more confidence and self belief then that of Bernard "B-Hop" Hopkins.

How old is Winky anyways?
Done_And_Done is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 10:38 AM   #10
Amigo
Knicks Fan 4 Life

Amigo has an OK reputation so far

I'm cheering for Winky.

Ever since he won against Trinidad they've been friends. He went down to Puerto Rico I can't remember when and they hung out. Trinidad showed him his training facility and the stuff he has going on down there. Winky was a cool guy from the start. Trinidad lost to the right guy.

I heard a rumor that De La Hoya vs Trinidad might happen after all. I keep in touch with people at the island and they say that De La Hoya might get his wish. He only has to beat PBF to get it. That's a big MAYBE on the wish part. I think Tito and Oscar are both scared of each other. :
Amigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 10:40 AM   #11
Zan Tabak
Only the finest

Zan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation here

Is it just me ..or does anyone else think Winky Wright is a boring fighter?
Zan Tabak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 11:17 AM   #12
Tarik One
NBA rookie of the year

Tarik One has decent reputationTarik One has decent reputation

Quote:
I honestly do not believe that theres another man currently living on the face of the earth with more confidence and self belief then that of Bernard "B-Hop" Hopkins.

Being more vocal than your counterparts doesn't equate to being to more confident.

Quote:
I think Tito and Oscar are both scared of each other

How are Tito and Oscar "scared" of each other. Explain that?

Quote:
Is it just me ..or does anyone else think Winky Wright is a boring fighter

Again, I'm puzzled. Does every fighter have to come in knocking guys out to the interests of casual boxing fans?
Tarik One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 01:38 PM   #13
Amigo
Knicks Fan 4 Life

Amigo has an OK reputation so far

Porque el mismo Tito lo ha dicho. El frecuenta la gallera que van el pai mio y el tio mio. El cria gallos y los echa a pelear como pasa tiempos. El dice que el dinero esta ahi pero que no se ponen de acuerdo con las estipulaciones de la pelea.

Translate that and you'll have my answer of why Tito and Oscar are "scared" of each other.

Another bit of info that I've received from my people in Puerto Rico is that Oscar de la Hoya will make his entrance to the ring on the May 5 with the American Flag, Mexican Flag and the Puerto Rican Flag. That's a sure thing to happen.
Amigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 01:46 PM   #14
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarik One
Again, I'm puzzled. Does every fighter have to come in knocking guys out to the interests of casual boxing fans?

I dont get this either because i like the lower classes like middleweight and welterwieght because of the speed and skill more than the power of heavyweights. I love to watch Winky and PBF because of their outstanding defense it is a work of art, almost like a 6th sense.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 02:28 PM   #15
D-Wade
Great college starter

I dont think he ment Winky Wright is boring, i think he ment Winkys style is. Winky Wright is more a defense boxer and thats what makes him so good. His defense is the best in boxing today and alot of boxers have trouble hitting him with good shots and in the process Winky collects the points by picking them off with his jab.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: