Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 05-01-2007, 03:15 PM   #1
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Tough Break Keyshawn Johnson

He was released today. Breaking news on espn. One day he was at the draft talkin bout "Carolina needs to draft a WR, Dwayne Jarrett would be a great choic because he can replace me" and the next he is actually gone/replaced.

He's probably shocked especially since he figured to be a Panther. Carolina paid $3mil roster bonus....now he isnt here.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 03:21 PM   #2
TheBynumProject
Byonic

TheBynumProject has decent reputation
Default Re: Tough Break Keyshawn Johnson

He has always had the attitude/persona of a star with elite skills, but in reality is just a solid possession receiver.
TheBynumProject is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 03:26 PM   #3
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated

Kblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

****. I was looking forward to having all 3. Key can still make big catches. He had a good year here.
Kblaze8855 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 03:28 PM   #4
TheBynumProject
Byonic

Yeah, but he isn't worth paying a 3 mil roster bonus.....no wonder he was cut. They probably asked him if he'd redo his deal, and he probably balked. Ego couldn't take it.

in 05 Carolina cut Mushin Muhammed and he was coming off a much more productive year then Keyshawn.
Old 05-01-2007, 03:29 PM   #5
Jerz Netz
Local High School Star

Jerz Netz has an OK reputation so far

Please pick him up Giants
Jerz Netz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 03:30 PM   #6
TheBynumProject
Byonic

"He's a flashlight, I'm a star"
Old 05-01-2007, 03:31 PM   #7
-primetime-

Time for Jerry to step in and make a deal?

everyone was complaining so much about the Cowboys not drafting a WR
Old 05-01-2007, 03:33 PM   #8
TheBynumProject
Byonic

^Joke?
Old 05-01-2007, 03:47 PM   #9
-primetime-

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBynumProject
^Joke?

yes...

Keyshawn + T.O. = enormous explosion
Old 05-01-2007, 03:54 PM   #10
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

On draft day he was like "I can tutor and mentor him i am very excited about this pick".
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 03:55 PM   #11
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Send him to Minny. Our best vet WR right now is Billy McMullen.

Actually, Marcus Robinson is ok. I dont even know if we still have him though.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 04:10 PM   #12
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBynumProject
Yeah, but he isn't worth paying a 3 mil roster bonus.....no wonder he was cut. They probably asked him if he'd redo his deal, and he probably balked. Ego couldn't take it.

in 05 Carolina cut Mushin Muhammed and he was coming off a much more productive year then Keyshawn.

You misread me. He was PAID a $3mil roster bonus for being on the roster after the deadline in March. Which puzzles me because why would you pay a guy a $3mil bonus then a month later CUT him? Should have cut him last month.

Veteran wide receiver Keyshawn Johnson was released by the Carolina Panthers on Tuesday, the St. Petersburg Times reported.

"They said they wanted to get younger," Johnson told the newspaper. "That's fine with me. I'd like to go somewhere and help someone win another Super Bowl."

The move came a month after the Panthers paid Johnson a $3 million roster bonus, and three days after they selected another former Southern California receiver in the second round of the draft.

It was thought Johnson would help groom Dwayne Jarrett of USC, taken in the second round with the 45th pick. But apparently Johnson was deemed expendable -- he and Jarrett are both 6-foot-4 possession receivers.

The Panthers signed the former No. 1 overall pick last year after he was released by Dallas Cowboys in a salary cap move so the Cowboys could sign Terrell Owens.

While Johnson spent last weekend working for ESPN as part of the network's NFL draft coverage, he told the newspaper he would like to continue his playing career.

Johnson, 34, has 814 receptions for 10,571 yards and 64 touchdowns over an 11-year career. In 2006 he caught 70 passes for 815 yards and four TDs.

When Carolina selected Jarrett, Johnson remarked he was "much like me" for his size and good hands.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 04:12 PM   #13
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

will Keyshawn perhaps be picked up by the Raiders?
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 04:35 PM   #14
rezznor
Nosetradamus

rezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
You misread me. He was PAID a $3mil roster bonus for being on the roster after the deadline in March. Which puzzles me because why would you pay a guy a $3mil bonus then a month later CUT him? Should have cut him last month.

not as bad as what the texans did with carr. gave him an 8 million 3 extension, then cut him the next year. (not to mention passing up on vince )
rezznor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 04:48 PM   #15
-primetime-

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB

[/i]

because the Panthers never thought they had a shot at getting jarret in the second round...
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: