Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 05-01-2007, 03:36 PM   #1
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Last Stand In El Segundo

Ok I"m Jerry Buss i'm old and I have one last Dynasty in me...

I look at the last three seaons, I look at my kids, I look at my roster I look at my Front office and I look at my coaching staff...

Hmmm what to do before I call it a career, I have the greatest Player in the game TODAY on my staff he's got a few seaons left at this level... I want that last run at a dynasty....

Circle the wagons repeat the past? you bet! a wise man said once if you don't learn from history your doomed to repeat it, taken to heart a wise man would try and catch lighting in a bottle by learning from history and repeating it....

PJAX Ciao it was nice but i don't have the time for you to turn kobe bryant into something he's not...
Mitch i got a spot in the front office for you nice job nice pay and your gonna learn from the logo again... you obviously missed some of the finer points when taking notes...

Jerry West welcome aboard... here's 5% ownership and a nice paycheck you know what you need to do, your Kobe project you started all those years ago isn't done yet...

Pat Riley we have some familiar faces for you here's your 5% ownership a nice paycheck and a kid named Kobe that will not come into camp overweight he'll give you 100% and hsi heart will never come into question

LA here's a few more rings before I call it a career and turn it all over to the kids...

Have Fun Flame Away
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 03:47 PM   #2
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Last Stand In El Segundo

No flaming here gts... provacative...

The biggest problem is that the Lakers seem to be trying to sell us on the notion that there is nothing wrong with the Laker team and that ONLY due to injuries are they not a team that could compete on the elite level. I do not agree with this of course and I wish Laker management would be more honest with us and themselves.

The challenge you have in brining in a new GM (West) would be that it takes time and money to create a new team, system, etc. If you start from the ground up, with Kobe as the core, how do you assemble a team quickly enough to get to the elite level? The clock is ticking for Kobe.

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 04:02 PM   #3
OneWay
GREATEST OF ALL TIME!!

OneWay has an OK reputation so far

Sounds nice but there's one problem.

Mitch is a terrible GM but he also has his hands tied. Dr. Buss and his horse boy son often dictate what will be done and what are the plans of the Lakers. They make AT LEAST 50 % of decisions.

So, you also need to take in consideration all the power that the Buss fam has over Mitch.

It sounds like a nice plan but Buss fam would have to give West all the power he needs, they shouldn't be the ones making plans, vetoing deals and be willing to lie in front of a bus if a player is mentioned in trades.

You see what I'm saying?

The other problem is that well.....Phil is the family basically. Ding ding....him and Jeanie?

So sorry but nope, doesn't work.
OneWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 04:03 PM   #4
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalMike
No flaming here gts... provacative...

The biggest problem is that the Lakers seem to be trying to sell us on the notion that there is nothing wrong with the Laker team and that ONLY due to injuries are they not a team that could compete on the elite level. I do not agree with this of course and I wish Laker management would be more honest with us and themselves.

The challenge you have in brining in a new GM (West) would be that it takes time and money to create a new team, system, etc. If you start from the ground up, with Kobe as the core, how do you assemble a team quickly enough to get to the elite level? The clock is ticking for Kobe.

Well i wrote that being half serious half provactive as you say...

as you know and if you go back and read my posts i'm a supporter of the current regime...lol i feel we are two or three players away from being one of the elites, my only question is how long will that take...
do i want West back in the fold you bet, do i want phil jackson to recognize he needs to make some adjustments in the way he coaches yes to that do i like mitch yep again he's not jerry west but he's certainly not as bad as many think...

But if i were to argue in favor of a mass overhaul, id say, it's not as if the team isn't at that place right now where it needs to be fixed, if you bring in all new talent or a system it isn't going to slow down the pace because as we have all seen the pace to the elite level now is basiclly at a crawl so if new office and coaching were to come in and they were proactive and dynamic they'd be at the elite level before the current staff...

would i complain if jerry buss did something as radical in my post? no i'd be shocked but i wouldn't complain
Old 05-01-2007, 04:16 PM   #5
gts
Sons of Antartica

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneWay
Sounds nice but there's one problem.

Mitch is a terrible GM but he also has his hands tied. Dr. Buss and his horse boy son often dictate what will be done and what are the plans of the Lakers. They make AT LEAST 50 % of decisions.

So, you also need to take in consideration all the power that the Buss fam has over Mitch.

It sounds like a nice plan but Buss fam would have to give West all the power he needs, they shouldn't be the ones making plans, vetoing deals and be willing to lie in front of a bus if a player is mentioned in trades.

You see what I'm saying?

The other problem is that well.....Phil is the family basically. Ding ding....him and Jeanie?

So sorry but nope, doesn't work.
ahhh grasshopper your words flow but like an undammed stream you have no direction....

you defile mitch as being a bad man yet you accept he has no bearing on the flow of the stream....

and like a dam the buss family should have ultimate power of the streams flow for they are the ones who set the flow

when the west was in the west there was harmony in the west, it wasn't till west's sun set in the west and he rose as west in the east that our western team fell into dischord... for he was the logo, the west and all in the west listened to west, when west became east we became a committee and as a committee we have wandered directionless like the untamed stream

the princess has lost love before in the name of sport and shall again, she is wise to the ways of the world and shall not be harmed by the kings power for his love is the sport, and like a stream it must flow in harmony...

now try and snatch this pebble from my hand grasshopper

Last edited by gts : 05-01-2007 at 04:25 PM.
Old 05-01-2007, 04:22 PM   #6
OneWay
GREATEST OF ALL TIME!!

OneWay has an OK reputation so far

Yeah nice, I'm watching the game right now so you won't get my usual response but here's what I think.

Mitch is a bad GM and has nor real vision, doesn't make good things on his own but the Buss fam deserves just as much blame because they have the final say in everything. They want Bynum to stay, the 2007 plan was their idea etc.

ttyl.
OneWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 06:17 PM   #7
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by gts
ahhh grasshopper your words flow but like an undammed stream you have no direction....

you defile mitch as being a bad man yet you accept he has no bearing on the flow of the stream....

and like a dam the buss family should have ultimate power of the streams flow for they are the ones who set the flow

when the west was in the west there was harmony in the west, it wasn't till west's sun set in the west and he rose as west in the east that our western team fell into dischord... for he was the logo, the west and all in the west listened to west, when west became east we became a committee and as a committee we have wandered directionless like the untamed stream

the princess has lost love before in the name of sport and shall again, she is wise to the ways of the world and shall not be harmed by the kings power for his love is the sport, and like a stream it must flow in harmony...

now try and snatch this pebble from my hand grasshopper

Master Poe?

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 03:42 PM   #8
gts
Sons of Antartica

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalMike
Master Poe?

more like master poop....lol
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: