Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 05-01-2007, 08:02 PM   #1
hotsizzle
Superstar

Default Kobe talks to the media at practice

http://www.nba.com/media/lakers/070501_kobe.mp3

He sounds so bummed out. Near the end, how he says its been really disappointing and frustrating despite the success he had with Lakers in the past.

He is clearly clearly not appreciating what management has done the past several years.

This is the summer guys.

You can also hear:

Odom: http://www.nba.com/media/lakers/070501_lamar.mp3
PJax: http://www.nba.com/media/lakers/070501_phil.mp3

Doesnt sound like practice went too well. Beginning of the end I guess
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 08:05 PM   #2
OneWay
GREATEST OF ALL TIME!!

Default Re: Kobe talks to the media at practice

Blow The **** Up!!!!
OneWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 08:13 PM   #3
JellyBean
College superstar

One game at a time, fellas. If the Boston Red Sox could come back, so can the Lakers. Just one game at a time. Win tonight and take the next game.
JellyBean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 08:21 PM   #4
gts
Sons of Antartica

Quote:
Doesnt sound like practice went too well. Beginning of the end I guess
misssed that part what did he say? i heard the part where he said he was in the training room...

Also it's about time Kobe put some pressure on the team, all season long he has tried to be too nice and never called anyone out, if he wants to be a team leader he needs to step up and light a fire under these guys, there is no excuse for the lackluster play we have seen many times this season only to have him make excuses for them... injuries, we are young are great excuses if the team puts out 100% but lousy when they only give it 75%

Quote:
One game at a time, fellas. If the Boston Red Sox could come back, so can the Lakers. Just one game at a time. Win tonight and take the next game.
hmm maybe some red paint on the sock would help...
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 08:29 PM   #5
bleedinpurpleTwo
Another Laker Dynasty?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gts
Also it's about time Kobe put some pressure on the team, all season long he has tried to be too nice and never called anyone out, if he wants to be a team leader he needs to step up and light a fire under these guys...

we don't know what he is saying behind closed doors. he is not calling anyone out in front of the media, and that's a good thing (if he did, HE would be criticized for blaming others AND the media would say the team has lost all unity, etc etc).
bleedinpurpleTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 08:48 PM   #6
gts
Sons of Antartica

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedinpurpleTwo
we don't know what he is saying behind closed doors. he is not calling anyone out in front of the media, and that's a good thing (if he did, HE would be criticized for blaming others AND the media would say the team has lost all unity, etc etc).

your right to the extent in that we really don't know, but with there being media at every practice representing at least 4 local papers and three gentlemen that cover laker games that travel with them all three with a radio show daily, two of which are lakers employees you'd think that we would have heard something... i mean laker land was the leakiest bucket when it comes to dirt the last few years, don't see any reason it would stop now...
Old 05-01-2007, 08:51 PM   #7
bleedinpurpleTwo
Another Laker Dynasty?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gts
your right to the extent in that we really don't know, but with there being media at every practice representing at least 4 local papers and three gentlemen that cover laker games that travel with them all three with a radio show daily, two of which are lakers employees you'd think that we would have heard something... i mean laker land was the leakiest bucket when it comes to dirt the last few years, don't see any reason it would stop now...

OK. I hear ya. Maybe he's been pushing them via a more educational style as opposed to a raised, demanding confrontational voice. You are suggesting that he may need to do more of the latter?
bleedinpurpleTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 08:58 PM   #8
gts
Sons of Antartica

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedinpurpleTwo
OK. I hear ya. Maybe he's been pushing them via a more educational style as opposed to a raised, demanding confrontational voice. You are suggesting that he may need to do more of the latter?
i think as i have said before, his biggest mistake after shaq left and he was crowned team leader was trying to be everyones friend... and i cannot blame him one bit for doing so, he was blasted in the press for the shaq deal, add colorado to the mix and being a nice teamamte was his only option if were to gain any favor back... if he had come out guns blazing and calling out teamates he would have been labled the all time nba jerk... he stilll has enough detractors but at least now informed non biased observers can see if he complains he has every right to complain...
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: