Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Detroit Pistons Forum

Detroit Pistons Forum Detroit Pistons message board - pistons fan forum

Old 07-03-2006, 11:49 PM   #1
KempSonics
Local High School Star

KempSonics has an OK reputation so far
Default Ben Wallace is what's wrong with sports...

The guy is what is wrong with sports. Did he forget that Dumars offered him TRIPLE what anyone was offering him when he was a free agent with the Magic? Did he forget the 6 years in detroit where he became an icon? That city loved him. The guy is a joke. Leaving Detroit in shambles for more money. What a punk. I have no respect for players like him. No loyalty. I thought those guys would be together for a loong time. They were a joy to watch together. the 2004 and 2005 NBA finals were among the best. Detroit offered him 52 million and he leaves. What did he expect? This isn't the same Ben from 4 yrs ago and keeping a starting 5 like that together is hard. Still he was offered more than enough. He should've retired a Piston. As an NBA fan it's sad to see him playing for another team. To top it off he goes to a hated division rival. It's getting harder and harder to like these athletes. You understand guys like Peja,Vlad,Speedy,etc leaving. Not a guy with Ben's status and what he means to that franchise and what that franchise did for him. They made him.

Sorry for the long rant. And yes I registered just to post that. Thank you.
KempSonics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 11:50 PM   #2
boshraptor4life
Good High School Starter

boshraptor4life has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by KempSonics
The guy is what is wrong with sports. Did he forget that Dumars offered him TRIPLE what anyone was offering him when he was a free agent with the Magic? Did he forget the 6 years in detroit where he became an icon? That city loved him. The guy is a joke. Leaving Detroit in shambles for more money. What a punk. I have no respect for players like him. No loyalty. I thought those guys would be together for a loong time. They were a joy to watch together. the 2004 and 2005 NBA finals were among the best. Detroit offered him 52 million and he leaves. What did he expect? This isn't the same Ben from 4 yrs ago and keeping a starting 5 like that together is hard. Still he was offered more than enough. He should've retired a Piston. As an NBA fan it's sad to see him playing for another team. To top it off he goes to a hated division rival. It's getting harder and harder to like these athletes. You understand guys like Peja,Vlad,Speedy,etc leaving. Not a guy with Ben's status and what he means to that franchise and what that franchise did for him. They made him.

Sorry for the long rant. And yes I registered just to post that. Thank you.
So essentially, you have no respect for 99% of pro athletes?!
boshraptor4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 11:53 PM   #3
KempSonics
Local High School Star

Default ...

Seriously man. I'm not a Pistons fan. I just respected that team a lot. It's just really sad that their era is over. Over money? Sheesh. Not that most of you care. Seems that most everyone here hates the Pistons anyways.
Old 07-03-2006, 11:53 PM   #4
browntown
National High School Star

browntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebrowntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebrowntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebrowntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebrowntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebrowntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebrowntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebrowntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebrowntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebrowntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebrowntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Sad to say it's all about the money, I just wished ben stayed with Pistons man where they fun to watch.
browntown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 11:54 PM   #5
saKf
Roy = my new fave.

saKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected poster

Ben Wallace IS what's wrong with sports.

Hardworking, never quits, plays within the team's concept and knows his role.

What a loser.
saKf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 11:55 PM   #6
KempSonics
Local High School Star

Default ....

As much as people hated them you have to admit they were great. Some of those wins they pulled out in the playoffs were incredible. Those Lakers games, spurs games, those epic pacers games in 2004. I can't believe he'd stick it to them and go to Chicago. That's just low.
Old 07-03-2006, 11:56 PM   #7
ihatekobenjordan
Banned

ihatekobenjordan has not been impressing people

Ben Wallace = ****. Unemployment line, WTF? Is he trying to be the next Sprewell?
ihatekobenjordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 11:57 PM   #8
thenextgreatbigman
Banned

thenextgreatbigman has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Seriously man. I'm not a Pistons fan. I just respected that team a lot. It's just really sad that their era is over. Over money? Sheesh. Not that most of you care. Seems that most everyone here hates the Pistons anyways.
you probably don't work yet but if you were making 120Gs a year and the guy next door offered you 140Gs would you stick with your old job or leave for the new, better paying one. NBA is a bussines and theres more to it than loyalty. I know there's not a person in here that would give up a million/year.
And not only does he get payed more but he'll get the ball in his hands too.

i wished he stayed but i can't blame him for leaving
thenextgreatbigman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 11:58 PM   #9
Hotlantadude81
NBA rookie of the year

Hotlantadude81 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by saKf
Ben Wallace IS what's wrong with sports.

Hardworking, never quits, plays within the team's concept and knows his role.

What a loser.

Hardworking? Where is the proof of this??? His game hasn't improved in years.

Knows is role? Isn't he asking to be a part of the offense when he doesn't have offensive skills?
Hotlantadude81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 12:03 AM   #10
cured
Decent playground baller

cured has an OK reputation so far

Who knows if Ben didn't get along with someone, or didn't have confidence in the coach or management, or if he dreamed of playing on the Bulls when he was younger. I don't recall seeing a single article or comment from him saying he couldn't wait to get out of Detroit but the NBA just isn't about shoving a mound of paper in front of someone and asking them to sign it; Ben was likely wined and dined to a great extent by the Bulls' organization and he ultimately felt that opportunity would be fun for him. There is something to be said about getting a new challenge and how changes of scenery are refreshing...Big Ben deserves the benefit of the doubt because he's played really well while staying out of trouble.

It's his life.

Give me a break about Sprewell comparisons...that guy was making millions, overpaid at that, and turned down millions with no real other suitors becaus he needed to "feed his family."
cured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 12:04 AM   #11
KempSonics
Local High School Star

Default ...

I'm just dissapointed in Ben. His reputation is likely tarnished forever. He should've retired a Piston and had his jersey in the rafters. Money isn't everything, especially when you have so much of it. Where's the character? I don't like how the Pistons dealt Darko, Corliss, Arroyo and other integral pieces just so they could take care of Ben. This is a cold business.
Old 07-04-2006, 12:09 AM   #12
Bosh4life
Local High School Star

Bosh4life has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
I'm just dissapointed in Ben. His reputation is likely tarnished forever. He should've retired a Piston and had his jersey in the rafters. Money isn't everything, especially when you have so much of it. Where's the character? I don't like how the Pistons dealt Darko, Corliss, Arroyo and other integral pieces just so they could take care of Ben. This is a cold business.

Yes it trulely is, but you can't blame him for not having class. Some poeple have it and some don't. Look at what Carter did to the Toronto franchise. Sure you are going to be pissed off in general for a while, but soon your hate for that player will soon grow and you will just learn to deal with it. Until that time i suggest alcohal, and... lots of it.
Bosh4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 12:10 AM   #13
ihatekobenjordan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotlantadude81
Hardworking? Where is the proof of this??? His game hasn't improved in years.

Knows is role? Isn't he asking to be a part of the offense when he doesn't have offensive skills?

Word brother.
Old 07-04-2006, 12:11 AM   #14
ihatekobenjordan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cured

Give me a break about Sprewell comparisons...that guy was making millions, overpaid at that, and turned down millions with no real other suitors becaus he needed to "feed his family."

Ben is overpaid too.
Old 07-04-2006, 12:11 AM   #15
kumquat
College superstar

kumquat is considered somewhat coolkumquat is considered somewhat coolkumquat is considered somewhat cool

I'm pretty sure it had more to do with Flip Saunders.
kumquat is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: